//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perfect YTM DX Somebody must rescue

--

Perfect YTM DX Somebody must rescue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43981

Somebody please do not allow this perfect machine to fall into the wrong hands. If some one who is not familiar with how to repair these buys it there is a good chance it will be parted out.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    IM on it! I emailed the guy. I have rebuilt PLENTY of Dx's, its gravy.
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    that might give edog's trike a run for it money. On looks anyway.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Good to hear. I am restoring one right now. I love them. If I lived closer I would get it.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    where is edog when you need him!!
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    Man... don't edge him on... he might 'bite'

Now Holic, if you got so much experience in DX's, how come you didn't keep that Yamahauler you sold me or that blue DX you got from RoyFranks? When do you want to come out for a "fix or repair" day to get those Yamaha's running in my garage? theolderfox has come out a couple times and made some good headway on my DX and that Yamahauler I got from you. That Yamahauler needs top end, transmission and rear end work. Oh.. and something is keeping the electric starter from engaging to the flywheel. Other than that, it's great.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    as soon as I figure out why no spark on this dam Z!!!! I dont get it, I lose power after the coil, I think. But how can the two different coils I have both be malfunctioning? IDK. sounds far fetched, but both do look like junk. THe reason I sold roys is cause of the tranny problems, and the 'hauler, I never intended on keeping. The top end is CAKE on those, however I did farm out the valve and guide replacement to the Yammy shop, but it was cheap. The assembly is gravy, 30 minutes tops. Bruce, I was gonna ask you, if this DX is seized, possibly the head and cam bosses are toasted too, so.....you gots a head for it? I still need a good wife trike, and if a top end is all it needs, im in. if the crank is stuck from oil starvation, Im really not that interested, but I guess my guy that did my Z could handle it.

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    I got 2 spare DX motors, a DR motor, and a 200E motor here. Obviously, I'd like to get that Yamahauler running first, but sure I'd have the parts to get that one for you running too. theolderfox thinks I need a new cam chain (stretched) there's that other "catching noise" in the motor too. Not sure on that, but could be something to do with the elctric starter motor turining, but not engaging to turn the motor over. That complete 200ERN I got form MIK6 still needs to be bolted together. I got that motor too. I might just bolt that one together and use the one I bought from you for parts.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger

lol dont worry he'll chime in. He wont let my remark stand.
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I just don't have any more room in my garage.I have seen the pictures,its nice but not that nice. Owner of the nicest 1985 225 dxn Tri Moto with sky blue plastic to ever grace this EARTH,and don't you all forget it!LOL

--
    lol and we will never again try to defy its title
    Nate

R.I.P HRR

--
    Seems awfully clean for the motor to be seized. I wonder if he is just sayin that so he doesnt have to list it as a good used machine and pay the extra E-Bay fee's??....
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

--
    That is very possible. my buddy had to do that. I hope that is the case.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    his email stated that it was "stuck" the rope wont pull, etc. I had a quadsport once, that moisture had gotten into the cylinder and rusted the sleeve and therefore "seized the piston. a simple disassembly and bore and piston and it was good as new. It was also stored for a long time in "unfavorable" conditions. could be the problem here too.

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    those Yammy's are know quite well for bending and droping valve's.... but still a nice bike
    1985 250R Selveys port job and pipe
    1985 70 piped for lil'freaks
    2001 TRX90
    ATC 90+250R+BEER= Drag Bike
    1984 ATC70 Pit bike
    1984 110 for sale

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //