//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: another nice red #plate

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikeaholic
    Well, I had one too, and it would NOT properly fit my 83 250R, so either Im a liar or..................just expect parts to actually fit properly. One could put it on a bycicle and it would be OK, if thats what you want, just an "OK" fit, go ahead and give howie 5 times what its worth.
    Well all he has to do is put exact measurements on his auctions of it and then you can figure what it will and wont fit. And as far as giving him double what its worth, thats a very crazy statement.....if someone is giving 100$ for them and the past few have been going for around there, then I would say that is the going price right? As much as I dont care to like it, ebay does set the price for alot of rare trike parts, mainly cuz they arent on the world market anymore. Also the price is set by bidders too, so if someone is willing to pay crazy amount for things, then why bash that. Supply and demand.....speaking...you got numbers dont you hehehe gonna sell some sir?
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottZJ
    Hey fellaz,

I am thinking of talking to the guy that is assisting me in reproducing the tecate shrouds and see about dong some number plates. They would be a glass material(fiberglass) but would be just as strong as those I bet. I might have to look into that.
    Now that's what i'm talking about! Put those money hungry number plate people outta business! hahhahaha
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Scott, I have been giving numbers to people that ask, and I have been paying shipping. All you gotta do is ask, and if I have, you shall recieve.
    Haspin veteran '02, '03, '04, '05

"Hey is your dash-cam on? Are we gonna be on C.O.P.S?"

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Scott, I have been giving numbers to people that ask, and I have been paying shipping. All you gotta do is ask, and if I have, you shall recieve.
    Nice buddy ol pal... You are truely a one of a kind person and I mean that!
    I would like to have a set of number for the 85r for the MX track when I put a hurt on ya haha But I figured I would just use the cheapo sticker numbers.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

--
    To each his own, but those plates like the ones on ebay are universal number plates.

The red UFO plate on my 85 R I would also call a universal. It has the same basic frame as the UFO green one I show and the red ebay one, except they changed it to have detachable mounting brackets.

As for specialized to a particular model, The one on my Z is a UFO plate just for the 85 Z. It fits the forks perfect and has a tab on top to mount the over heat light. The green and blue one of mine (35) is definately for the 86 KXT only. I guess I can take the smaller UFO green one I have and see how it fits my 85 R.

I would say the JWR plate was only for 84/85 Tecates, but they are on the 2 powroll 200x's that were posted a little while back.

The Maier plates i'd call universal too.

Also shown is JW running a universal UFO (like the ebay one) on his 84 race bike prior to the JWR plate. If they were only for 81/82 Honda's, why would they also come in green? yellow, and white! With the same frame shape?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeb; 03-22-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb
    If they were only for 81/82 Honda's, why would they also come in green? yellow, and white! With the same frame shape?
    Maybe cause the 84/85 Tecate's were also fat tire warriers and shared a nearly common fork width? Are they all exactly the same width? Again, I got my sources.... I feel the same as Holic... not going to fit well on a narrow tire trike.

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.

--

How much is a number?
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

--
    what number do you want? I will see if I have a spare. I have a boat load of em, new in package. got em cheap, dont mind sharing. I know that is so hard for some of you to grasp the concept of generosity.

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350x'inNY
    Maybe cause the 84/85 Tecate's were also fat tire warriers and shared a nearly common fork width? Are they all exactly the same width? Again, I got my sources.... I feel the same as Holic... not going to fit well on a narrow tire trike.

Bruce
    There could have been other sizes. I don't know. But the plate on ebay sure looks identicle (except the color) to the plate I have. The plate I have fits WELL on a narrow front tire trike I have, my 1986 KXT250. If we can get a width & height measurement from the seller, I can compare it to my green one.

I'll try to see how well my plate fits my 85 R this coming weekend.

Hey Jenn, I got a few old number left too. Holic's the man though with the complementary numbers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeb; 03-23-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    All I know is that I got the same plate from skippy. It was brand new in the bag. it is a UFO fender and it says on the tag "early model 250R" When I put it up to my 83, it did not want to be there. The little "wings" that appeared to want to wrap over the fork tubes, were too far out, not to mention the attachment woudl have been cheezy. I opete for the Maier universal with the plastic "standoffs" that zip tie to the forks. It would fit a monkeys azz if you wanted to , but it still wouldn't look right, so thats my opinion.

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    I need 17 if any one has those numbers? I am actually going to put the euro 7 so going to have to mod it a bit, thats why I really havent asked for the "real" numbers.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

--

Number Plate

Is There any Possible way for Me to Buy a Green Vented Plate like Jeb has for a 84-85 Tecate? I know they dont make em but Can they be found and Bought? Allso Would that Red One on E-Bay fit my Tecate? Im just curious because of my Carbon Fiber Project I want to do. I need a Plate 1st obviously to work from.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350x'inNY
    Nope.... I still say it's for a 81-82R....

Howard... why don't you set us straight.... it's your ambigious auction! What's it REALLY for???

Bruce
    Howard... see you are online this AM. Could you please enlighten us or take a measurement, especially from center of fork to center of fork mounting??

Thanks!
    Bruce
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

--
    the petty numbers are Euro style number 7's. If you have a real plate, I will send the #s!

RECOVERING Trikeaholic

--
    Snagin one from howie to put on me waterpumper.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //