//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CR500 trike conversion project Begins.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams
    Them's big words buddy.

Common Derrick, we got to have a 3 way 500cc 2 stroke line up at Trikefest. Get yours started also and we'll have some competition for Speedbumps Tiger 500.

--
    1985 CR500 huh? Thats before they smoothed out the power band right?
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    Common Derrick, we got to have a 3 way 500cc 2 stroke line up at Trikefest. Get yours started also and we'll have some competition for Speedbumps Tiger 500.

Don't worry. If I can get the CR500 bought this week, it will be there!

I see Honda, Honda, Tiger on the podium.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    No parts today...Going to call the seller at 9:00PM (6:00 his time).

--
    Blog Entries
    No answer after 3 different calls, tried emailing, emails bounced back (Account closed?) Pinged IP address in email headers, its not connected now so the computer is not on. I've had another person call and they got a disconected message? Then another one got an answer. But all I get is a generic voicemail. Just used the ebay "Ask seller a question" thing to try sending him a message in case he changed his email on the ebay profile to something else, and I'm going to call and leave a message tomorrow. At this rate...chances of 500R at haspin are LOW.

--
    i doubt he would of sent the first few parts and then stooge you on the last couple of pachages.
    LIVELOVERIDEDIE

1981 Honda Atc 124R-Racer project
    2005 Giant STP 1- rollin' on 26's

--
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem logical, but **** who knows. Someone might have contacted him after he sold it and I sent him the money and offered more and he decided to take it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    You guys are probably gonna laugh but you may be able to add a 2004 TRX500R to that line up, I'm not scared! 500cc of Honda uni-cam power.
    Last edited by Blown 331; 05-05-2005 at 12:11 PM.
    08 Outlaw 525s
    07 CRF70
    04 Harley FLHRCI
    04 TRX90
    03 XR650R
    03 400EX- XR650R engine
    02 XR100R

01 Banshee
    00 XR50R
    00 XR70R

99 PW50
    99 JR50
    96,95 Sportsman 400
    95 Xplorer 400
    94 Indy XLT
    87 Trail Boss
    86,86,86,86,86 Scrambler

86 TRX70 x2
    85 ATC350X
    85,84 ATC250R

85 Red Tecate
    85 LT50 x2
    84 XR500R
    84,84,84,84,83,82,80,79 ATC70
    82,79 XL500R

83 ALT50
    79,78,77,77,76 XT/TT500
    76,75,74 XL70
    72,71,71,71 SL70

72 Harley FX
    72,71,70,70,70,70,70 CT70H
    72 SL100
    70,69 Z50

--
    All the boxes should have been shipped at the same time..... imo.

Long drive to dude's house ?
    Currently :

82 ATC - 200, plain jane, almost mint. ( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    84 ATC - 200 ES, Jimmy-Rigged, don't ask.( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    85 ATC - 250 SX, Pride and Joy, Bottom-Less Money Pit.
    84 125 M - The Mini-SX not running yet. but won't be long.
    --

The more people i meet.. the more i like my DOG !

--
    Blog Entries
    I finally got the swingarm, so maybe The rest is till coming. It was post marked April 21st, same as the first box so I guess its just been floating around, hard to believe but thats what was on it. Main reason I never ship anything US mail unless I have.

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Clouds are clearing eh?

Give it some time I guess., It took like 3 weeks for my front axle to get here. I love when you pay for priority shipping w/ tracking, and they send it parcel post w/ nothing.
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    So come on with the new pics already! LOL Just jazin ya man. Hope everything shows up soon.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    Blog Entries
    Updates Updates and more Updates!

Swingarm came, and subframe just came this afternoon. All I'm lacking now is the seat, the swing mount for the subframe (To flip the seat up) and the plastics. Let me go back a couple days and explain whats been done.

Swingarm came, it was luckily in good shape. Had some crappy assed neon green like paint on it (same as the subframe pictured below). I cleaned it up some and tried painting it but it didn't turn out good and I'm gonna have to take it off and redo it so it wont look totally ghetto with peices chipping off and whatever I've got a little high gloss black Imron left over...I might go with that. I'm not sure. Gonna swing by NAPA tomorrow and checkout their paint options and see what I can do. I also need to repaint the subframe for sure. I dont think I'll be able to paint the frame...so I hope it doesn't end up looking to bad. I had to pull the needle bearings out of my old swingarm and put into the new one, luckily they fit without a hitch and were not damaged during removal or installation. The rear end is also very soft now thanks to the extra leverage from the longer swingarm, which is good to keep it low and for drag racing but the front is still kind of stiff. I'm contemplating draining the fork oil and putting something like 5wt in it if I can which should hopefully help soften it up in relation to the rear. I'm not familiar with the front suspension innards of the CR500 (I've lost my book and have to get a new one) but I'm now wondering if it has a 2 spring setup like the stock Tri-Z, if I might be able to take the one short spring out to get it a little bit softer and closer to the ground in the front. Gonna try and look into that.

I had my friend straighten out the one bottom clamp that was bent some and press the stem into the new clamps. Came home and put those on, got the forks in there and when Zack was here he noticed the frontend was tweaked pretty bad, the forks were like twisted. We messed with it for a few minutes and think we got it fairly straight. I guess what happened is since the front axle wasn't in, and the forks werent clamped yet, the two tripples had like turned opposite directions and twisted the forks, or some weird **** like that. Anyways we got it pretty straight for the most part. The front axle which is a 250R one was a different size then the original CR500 front axle in both diameter and threads. So we had to drill out the one fork leg to 1/2 and tap it with a 14mmx1.5mm tap for the axle to screw into it. I then also discovered that the other end of the axle, where it rides in the right hand fork is SMALLER then the CR500 one by about 2mm so I used some brass shim stock, and just kinda rolled up a peice (its like thick foil sort of) and used that, works like a charm. Next thing was the front hub was not centered, so we had to make some spacers for that. Got that done and then got the front brake caliper bolted up.

Right about that time the mail lady pulls up with a box, which turns out to be my subframe. Unbeliveably, it was post marked the same as everything else APRIL TWENTY FIRST! Freakin insane, I'll never have anything else mailed with USPS if it isn't priority. Subframe has one bracket "welded" onto it that looks more like painted chicken crap, but eh you know whats how it goes. Its some sort of florescent green like the swingarm was. Its definetly getting sand blasted and re-painted.Probably something close to the original color of the frame. I'd like to paint it black but then I'm not sure what color I'd paint the swingarm. Bah decisions decisions.

Set the subframe aside and went back to the front end, pulled out an old front master cylinder I had from a 200x with a neat 2 finger lever on it. Was planning on using that but its junk, Stripped the screws in the cover out and then after drilling the heads off the rest of it broke off clean in the bottom. So I went on ebay and ordered 2 brand new old stock Cannondale front master cylinders, and 2 rear ones from fixturefan (Right at a $100 for all 4 peices and shipping) instead of having to screw around with the other one. I'm not sure whether I'm going to attempt to rig up rear brake or not at this time. The old master and the mount are still on the subframe but the problem is the 85 CR500 was still drum brakes on the back and therefore the frame does not really have the setup for the linkage to work the master cylinder. So that will take some thinking and finigling to make work right. I would still like to try and get one of those 2 finger leavers for the front master cylinder, probably when I place my order with either Rocky Mountain or Dennis Kirk for wheels tires and other things I need for it like the clutch kit, gasket/ seal kit, clamp on airfilter, reeds, cables, other assorted things.

So thats whats going on now. Enjoy the roller pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

--

She's lookin' good I tell ya!!!

'85 350X-The Flagship
    Speedo, Chrome HL Guard, Rubber Steps
    DG Chrome Power, 6-Pack Rack, White Bros Skidplate, 400ex Carb

'85 250ES Big Red-Working in Style
    Many Hondaline & Aftermarket Add-ons
    '84 250R-Old School Racer Project
    Too many Accessories to List
    '82 200E Big Red-The Tractor
    Rubber Steps, Tripmeter
    '85 250SX-Rider