//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CR500 trike conversion project Begins.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    More stuff, from MAC (Midwest Action Cycle)

19508-KA3-710
    19052-KA3-830
    19051-KA3-830
    90403-KA3-830
    16221-KA5-690
    19509-KA3-730
    30300-ML3-000

Total with UPS ground shipping: $140.23

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    What tires are you going with? I remember talking about it in chat.. I was up to my neigbors today, and he had these on the shelf, Didnt know if you would be interested, But I snapped a pic anyways;

Tires sold to Bill.. Glad to help you out. Told you I could get a deal
    Last edited by Lots_Of_Nothing; 05-11-2005 at 06:38 PM.
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    hey lots of nothing, i might be interested in those, let me know whats up
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    OK, got the subframe mounted today (the paint that went on it sucked, might as well been ning it but whatever I can't afford to be picky right now). Anyways look at the pictures below. In the laegers article on the site it says they used watercooled 250R seat and fenders. Obviously the ones I have are a far far far cry from being correct considering everything is mounted right. They look like 83-84 seat and fenders to me, am I right? If so I can make the changes (hopefully) with a different seat and fender without hacking up the subframe. Someone throw me a bone and quick!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chassis.jpg   chassisright.jpg   fendersbottom.jpg   frontseatmount.jpg   seatgap.jpg   seatgap2.jpg  

--
    Blog Entries
    last ones.

After re-reading the laegers article it says "...an ATC rear fender and seat assembly.." the previous context is 85-87 250R, but it doesn't specify exactly on the seat and rear fenders. ****...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   seatpivot.jpg  

--
    yes those are 83-84 seat and fenders. water cooled fenders are un even, if you have a water-cooled set you will totally understand when i say uneven, its like the right and left side of the fenders are about half a inch longer then the back, also the seat is pointed not like a square shape.
    adam
    86 ATC 500R the duner..
    85 ATC 500R...the not quite finished faster duner
    1985 ATC 250R Bone stock!!
    1985 ATC250R mx/duner
    1986 TRX370R MX/Duner
    94 Banshee 400PV Cheetah 105RWHP

--
    Dude, you so need to get the 88-89 CR tank and shrouds. That years red color will match the 250r plastic. Then it will be perfect.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Billy I got you a set of maier rear plastic with 85R seat, I posted on your for sale section post. Hit me up if you want them asap so I can ship out today.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

atczack is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Kick ass Billy!!! Lucky I live so close, I can come ride it, umm, I mean, help you with it if you want....
    1985 Honda ATC 250 Big Red
    "Ugly Betty" from the handlebars back it's a
    1982 Honda ATC200es, from the handlebars
    forward it's a 1988 Honda TRX 300 Fourtrax.

"If you wanna play, you gotta pay..."

--
    In the last pic of the rear-end...it looks like the frame is tweaked
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--
    it might just be the way the plastic is sitting on it
    1983 Honda ATC 200x-shes a beater

Past Rides:
    1982 ATC Big Red 200e (miss it more than i thought i would)
    1985 200x rode it for about a mile

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    More stuff, from MAC (Midwest Action Cycle)
    I live 15min form this place if you ever needed anything brought to TF.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    Blog Entries
    Na actually the footpegs is whats off. I need to tweak the way they fit and actually make then angle a little upwards so your foot wont slip off.

I got my new liquidated cannondale brake parts from fixturefan today. Got the front mastercylinder on and bled, man that thing clamps like a mofo. Pull the lever a quarter of the way in and the front tire is tighter then heck. Works real good. The rear mastercylinder is going to require a little bit of fabrication and custom linkage from the brake pedal to the new master on the subframe. Mainly, because the bike had a drum brake and I dont have any linkage to start with. I will probably start off with a peice of all thread stock (or threaded rod as its known) to get some bends and get the jist of it figured out. The one picture below of the green parts on the floor, is what came with the kit. I'm gonna throw away the old master cylinder and try to use the old caliper, caliper mount, and the brake hose. Hopefully the rear caliper is useable and will not need rebuilt also.

Also, carb float is either stuck or the needle valve and seat need replaced in the carb. I hooked the fuel line up to it today and it instantly started pouring out. Hopefully my DK parts will come in tomorrow and I can get alot of stuff put on it. My new set of seat and fenders from ScottZJ (Thanks again man!) will be coming in Wednesday evening. Remote possibility I will be riding it this weekend....never know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newbrakeparts.jpg   newmastermounted1.jpg   newmastermounted2.jpg   oldbrakes1.jpg  

--
    Honda atc, you think a front mastercylinder set up you have would work on an 85' 200x? Were'd you get that from?

--
    Blog Entries
    I dont see any reason why not...I got it from ebay. look up the seller "fixturefan". Their real cheap, I got 2 fronts, and 2 backs + shipping for a little over a $100.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //