//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: CR500 trike conversion project Begins.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Somewhat. It does definitely increase the rake, the R clamps have a certain amount of degrees built in. I checked it one time but can't remember off hand. If it were me, I'd just use 250R stuff to g et it rolling and ridable for now, and then maybe experiment with another set of clamps or perhaps some modified stockers to correct the rake issue later on down the line.

--
    Billy, are you not using the leager kit anymore? Might be cool to take those parts and reproduce them as a kit for anyone that wants to build one. Shouldn't be too hard to find a metal fab shop and work out a deal?
    4 Strokes are NOT the wave of the future!

--
    Thanks for the info, that's the plan right now. I have a 250R front end coming, I will use it to get the thing rolling and see how it goes from there.

I picked up my swingarm from Metal Tech, they did a great job on it. They also said they could build a set of triples for the conversion, but they would use steel, and I really want a billet aluminum set. No big deal right now, though, I still need a whole bunch of other stuff first.

Thanks again!
    1985 ATC 250R
    1985 CR500R
    2000 CR500R

--
    Hey all! I know this is an old thread, but I have in my possession a complete Laeger's CR500 conversion. 1985 CR500 Frame (with the rake adjusted for better ride/stance), kit subframe, kit +7" swingarm (as compared to a stock 1985 ATC250R), stock tank (excellent shape), Maier shrouds (excellent shape), rear shock, 350X forks, stock air box with intake boot, handlebars, among a few other parts and pieces. I have pictures available through email if you are at all interested. I have decided to just place the engine into an existing 85 250R frame I have.

Also, I have 2 stock 1985 ATC250R swingarms. Both are in great shape, still with factory paint and decals. By no means are they in showroom condition, but they are 100% operational. One has the rear bearing carrier and one does not.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedbngr18 View Post
    Hey all! I know this is an old thread, but I have in my possession a complete Laeger's CR500 conversion. 1985 CR500 Frame (with the rake adjusted for better ride/stance), kit subframe, kit +7" swingarm (as compared to a stock 1985 ATC250R), stock tank (excellent shape), Maier shrouds (excellent shape), rear shock, 350X forks, stock air box with intake boot, handlebars, among a few other parts and pieces. I have pictures available through email if you are at all interested. I have decided to just place the engine into an existing 85 250R frame I have.

Also, I have 2 stock 1985 ATC250R swingarms. Both are in great shape, still with factory paint and decals. By no means are they in showroom condition, but they are 100% operational. One has the rear bearing carrier and one does not.

You have rare parts my friend. This should go to the classifieds.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //