//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Dura Blue Axel need help

--

Dura Blue Axel need help

This is on a 85 350x, if you look close at the picture you see the sprocket, the hub the sprocket mounts to and then the bearing carrier. The problem is that the hub for the sprocket may rub on the bearing carrier, not much clearance. Im worried about the hub hitting the carrier. When I took this apart originally, the carrier in it was worn from the hub. I just thought the last owner didnt keep the axel nut tight. Anyone else have this type of setup?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axel 2.jpg  
    85 350x
    85 Tri-Z
    851/2 Tri-Z
    86 Tri-Z
    81 110
    04 Rubicon

--
    I have a durablue AX[*]LE[/*] on my X, and it doesnt bother the cam. But then again, I have the stock cam. Yours is aftermarket (RAD maby?) and it also looks like it is not in all the way.

--
    Yes its a aftermarket carrier. I have it tight. But I will check it out again. Do you have any pics of you setup?
    85 350x
    85 Tri-Z
    851/2 Tri-Z
    86 Tri-Z
    81 110
    04 Rubicon

--
    This is it, its an old pic, but hey. And another

--
    I had a rad carrier and durablue axle set-up on a 350x that did the same thing.
    You need to dissassemble the it and install a spacer between the sprocket hub and the left carrier bearing. Good luck.....................................Troll
    ...... ............

84'R pic page; http://magoos.wheatfarm.com/pictures/index.php

--
    It seems like something should push that hub out for more clearence, Im going to call durablue see if they got anything. Thanks Troll. Thanks for the pics airman.
    85 350x
    85 Tri-Z
    851/2 Tri-Z
    86 Tri-Z
    81 110
    04 Rubicon

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheeling
    It seems like something should push that hub out for more clearence, Im going to call durablue see if they got anything. Thanks Troll. Thanks for the pics airman.

Yes, your right. Between the left bearing and the sprocket's hub. You will need to add a spacer. It will contact the inner race of the bearing and put the hub out a bit. Enough to clear the carrier. ..............................
    ...... ............

--
    Where did you get your spacer from? I talked with Durablue today, and this guy didnt even know what a 350x was. He said he needed pictures and measurments. I told him I just need a spacer that would fit that axel, and I could make it fit. He didnt seem to have a clue Hmmmmmmm.......
    I send him some pics and measurments and see what happens.
    85 350x
    85 Tri-Z
    851/2 Tri-Z
    86 Tri-Z
    81 110
    04 Rubicon

--
    I used a snap ring. Just got one that measured up good. Then slipped it over the axle after looosing the axle nut and slipping the hub over. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55-500.jpg  
    ...... ............

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My search brought up this old thread. I have the same issue with a new durablue HD axle and aftermarket carrier. Torqued down the axle won’t turn freely. Does anybody have input on this spacer mentioned in the thread? Thanks..

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well if anybody finds this in a search a shim is sometimes necessary per durablue.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //