//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: this guy is a total jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
    As for the low bid. There are low bids and then the ones that are rediculous( or as put a sensible offer), His fell into that. If he only wanted the rears then maybe he should have asked and then the bid wouldn't have been so rediculous but instead he offends us and doesn't bother to think himself and starts a post on the board that we are jerks. As for us being jerks, to a point we may have been but the blame cannot fall just on us. We have helped many people. But people think what they will.
    After the second (rediculous offer) one we knew what was going on. Took 5 minutes to find the post here but still when you talk about someone and dont let them in then what else could it be.
    As for being stupid, think what you will. Well when we are reading the board there is no talking behind our back, so you dont have to send us private messages stating that you want to make sure you are not talking behind our backs.
    We were trying to make a point and everyone gets offended when he did the offending to begin this. As for the group as a whole, you can defend his actions all you want and play the kiddy games that you have. Things will still remain the same, he offended us and we did the same back. But there were many more that followed and dont worry we wont sell anything to you either. So have a great day and enjoy your rides.

sherlock holmes

--
    Wait one minute there genius. You over looked one thing. He did not intend to offend you. In his mind, he was making a reasonable offer. A simple, polite correction of this way of thinking could have avoided the whole thing. Your response was not necessary. You, in fact are the originator of this bad blood. We simply took the side of our fellow board member after you provoked his anger unnecessarily. Considering his intentions were not to offend, you took the wrong approach. We fought back with the only means we have available. It worked, because it obviously got your attention.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Lmao. This thread is great! very, very entertaining. lol

--
    Maybe you should read the way it was written. He did bid with the intent on offending. It did get our attention but not the way you think it should have. Will we stop banning people yes, but in the same mannor we are taking away the best offer. So does he win, I guess you could call it that. Do more people loose because of it? Yes! So it could be called a win win. If you think that way.

--
    well I don`t usually stick my nose into things that don`t involve me but I feel the need here.
    #1 anyone who has used ebay for purchasing parts for their 3 wheelers knows there`s a tab that says ask seller a question (there for us to use to ask for a specific part)
    #2 everyone should base their opinions on personnal experience (not jump on the bashing wagon)
    #3 if you didn`t take the time to ask for the specific part & make a rediculous offer what is the seller to think other than what has been stated in the replies to your offers.

I for one wouldn`t haggle with the cost of keeping my beloved trike running & supplying me with hours of fun. As my dad has so rightly said with a toy comes a price. I`m willing to buy from whomever is willing to supply the parts I need no matter what the cost (as long as it`s within reason). If you have had a bad personnal experience chalk it up to a lesson learned & buy elsewhere. Just my opinion but like so many say opinions are like the southend of a northbound person everyone has one & most of the time they stink. Later just my 2 cents, Jim
    I`m not suffering from INSANITY I`m enjoying EVERY MINUTE of it
    If Guns KILL PEOPLE can I blame misspelled words on my PENCIL ?
    82 Honda 200e
    84 Honda 250R Black Plastics
    85 Honda 350X
    2-87 Honda 250 fourtrax
    87 Honda 250X
    87 Polaris Trail Boss (the wifes ride)
    95 Yamaha Warrior

--
    Quote Originally Posted by overstockedprod
    Maybe you should read the way it was written. He did bid with the intent on offending. It did get our attention but not the way you think it should have. Will we stop banning people yes, but in the same mannor we are taking away the best offer. So does he win, I guess you could call it that. Do more people loose because of it? Yes! So it could be called a win win. If you think that way.
    Well then, how about this? He posted what you said, why don't you post what he said. Then if it was offensive, we will apologize and drop the whole thing.
    That sounds pretty fair I think.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    I don't think the price is the issue here at all. It's how this guy handled it. When you add the option for a best offer, you better be willing to take some bad ones and not act like a jerk about it.

--
    As for the low bid. There are low bids and then the ones that are rediculous( or as put a sensible offer)
    LOL, it's called business, get used to it.

As for us being jerks, to a point we may have been but the blame cannot fall just on us. We have helped many people.
    You may have helped others but you WERE a JERK this time. Is it so hard just to admit that you screwed up and treated someone like crap when you could have easily just declined? I could see if he tossed you 3 of these low bids but reacting the way you did for just one is silly.

As for being stupid, think what you will. Well when we are reading the board there is no talking behind our back, so you dont have to send us private messages stating that you want to make sure you are not talking behind our backs.
    There never was talking behind your back. I let you know right away that there was many offended by this.

Why is it that you can't just admit that you over reacted? I can see why you’re defensive with a group of people showing our disgust with your tactics but all you had to do was apologize. I guess you’re just not into good business practices and simple solutions.

--
    Well stated in the first post:
    so i throw out a 7 dollar offer. i only need the swingarm ones and they were no-names so i didn't really want them.

To bad it was $7.00

His action of $5.50 and the wording show that it didn't matter but yet he throws out an offending offer. He knew what he was doing as well, we knew what we were doing. But then he has a bunch of people that think there is nothing wrong with what he did.

--
    Well stated in the first post:
    so i throw out a 7 dollar offer. i only need the swingarm ones and they were no-names so i didn't really want them.

To bad it was $7.00

His action of $5.50 and the wording show that it didn't matter but yet he throws out an offending offer. He knew what he was doing as well, we knew what we were doing. But then he has a bunch of people that think there is nothing wrong with what he did.
    That is what he wrote here. What did he say to you through eBay? Even if you go by what he said here, he is guilty of nothing more than possibly miss wording his intentions. I do not see how he tried to be offensive.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    /me pulls out some popcorn and enjoys the show

mikey's250sx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    since i started this i will get back in. on the best offer tab i said absolutely nothing. i didn't say i needed only the 2 bearings i just offered a low offer. if he took it great , if not so be it. i was just a bit upset at his reply to me. if he asked why i offered so low i would have told him but i basically got the **** you. not very professional. i'm over it.
    Last edited by OldSchoolin86; 06-01-2005 at 12:45 PM.

--
    I feel bad that everyone is offended,

First off you cant get bearings that cheap. Some can as dealers.
    Second off I believe everyone has at one time or another been told how to achieve very cheap bearings via different companies. Only certian bearings are specialty, but most can be achieved. But you have to get off your lazy asses and cross reference, measure, and double measure. Take your old bearings in with you. Go to any industrial place you can get the bearings. Keep your old bearings just incase there is a mistake on the size sent (trust me I know this one!). Someone took the time to get bearings sizes and as a convience to you, offers them as full kits, for what I see is a fairly reasonable price.
    The only major thing I see wrong here is the banning from the guy from ebay. I would be slightly offended as well, but I wouldnt certianly come crying to all my so called freinds going hey guys this guy was rude please do something....
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    /me pulls out some popcorn and enjoys the show
    I second that motion.
    Howdy
    Last edited by Howdy; 12-30-2007 at 04:45 PM.

--
    Again the ask seller a question tab comes into play. By self admission you failed to use it & went ahead & offered what he thought was a rediculous price. I can`t say I would have replied the same way but that being said. I use ebay for both selling & buying & let me tell you it is a game to some who offer rediculous amounts for something they know good & well are worth 10 times what their offer was. Jenn put it just like it should be as well. I`m sure if you had used the ask seller a question tab & explained to him what you needed he would have given you a price on the parts you specified. I don`t hold anything against him for being a business man & getting a bit bent out of shape at the offer you submitted. There are people who SHILL BID & that`s ok but a person willing to give you parts at what I feel is a reasonable price & gets offended at a LOW offer is not what is the sence in that thinking? This thread is quite ammusing if you ask me.
    I`m not suffering from INSANITY I`m enjoying EVERY MINUTE of it
    If Guns KILL PEOPLE can I blame misspelled words on my PENCIL ?
    82 Honda 200e
    84 Honda 250R Black Plastics
    85 Honda 350X
    2-87 Honda 250 fourtrax
    87 Honda 250X
    87 Polaris Trail Boss (the wifes ride)
    95 Yamaha Warrior

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //