//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: this guy is a total jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
    So he doesn't want the Hepatitis, smoked salmon, and hand shake then?

All three are still available fellas... now accepting offers!

--
    ill take the handshake.
    LIVELOVERIDEDIE

1981 Honda Atc 124R-Racer project
    2005 Giant STP 1- rollin' on 26's

--
    Ive been reading this one for a couple of days. I was going to state my opinion on the bearings, prices, auctions, email reply from overstock, etc, etc, etc, and changed my mind.

This one comes down to two sides having a strong opinion on a subject which incited some sensitivity.

This then boiled down to a good old fashion emotional b@ll busting from BOTH sides. Nothing wrong taking something that pisses you off and having a little fun with it. This is all something we love to do now and then.

They say --"There's truth in all humor".
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Oldschoolin the first insult came with the rediculous price offer. And then the guy says well I only wanted one bearing. So add the insult of I am too lazy to ask a question?
    The second insult came with the banning. (the price was rediculous). Banning no I wouldnt go that far, but man ebay and emails and silly or intriguing questions just flat get weird.
    The ultimate insult came with the "hey guys I been done wrong!" "Go get him boys" http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/...tem=4552647492
    How many times do I see on this or other boards "hey lets email this seller to death, he is a jerk, wrong item, plain stupid, or omg he converted a trike, or whatever you bored little boys can come up with"
    Then the seller gets to see all these posts of how much of whom can be true jerks. (I must admit impressive you found this post.)

I dont know, if we were keeping score
    Seller 3 insults directed at him
    Seller gave one insult in banning the guy.
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jenndnn3
    I dont know, if we were keeping score
    Seller 3 insults directed at him
    Seller gave one insult in banning the guy.

Jenn, if you have and old beater car out for sale in your yard for $500 and someone offers you $200 do you get pissed and chase them off your property or do you shoot them back your offer? I don't know about you but I'd have to say chasing someone off your property is a little koo koo. I'd just shoot them my offer and if this guy thought about what he was doing for a second that's what he should have done too. The fact is the seller put the option out there for offers and couldn't handle it when he got one. The kid started real low, I'll give you that but your supposed to start low when throwing out offers. What was the kid supposed to offer, $19? Now that would kind of defeat the purpose of offers now wouldn't it? Would have it been so hard for the seller to say sorry $__ is my best price?

I couldn't care less about the seller now. As far as keeping score the game was over when he crudely wrote back (1) and banned the kid from his auctions (2).

Seller 2
    kid 0

Sorry, I just can't give the kid any points when the seller was asking for offers.

--

really?

I'm obviously confused. Apparently Jenn and Firecat seem to believe as does Overstock that a $7 offer on a set of bearings is so unbelievably insane, that it justified some of the worst customer service around. After the insults by overstock they think it was completely out of line for someone to complain. Am I wrong on this?

Just a question for you three (Jenn, Firecat, and Overstock): Have you ever made a seemingly incredibly low offer on something when asked to make an offer. I have, and gotten deals that would make your jaw drop. I don't think he deserved what he got for a $7 bid, and I doubt you can convince me he did. I deserved it with my $0.26 bid, but I was trying to be an ass after hearing of the awesome customer service. Anytime someone says, "make me an offer", or "whadaya gimme for it?" I start at 1 nickel. Why you ask, simply because the seller knows what they want for it, and are only trying to bargain. I start with a nickel and the seller will usually laugh and role their eyes to which I say, O.K. how much do you need. It usually shortens the negotiating process considerably, and the seller and the buyer get what they want. Obviously $7 is not enough, so put make me an offer greater than seven dollars. O.K. my rant is over. I patiently await your rebuttal.

I hope every one that has read this thread learns that unless your willing to get lowballed alot, don't use "make an offer" on the bay.
    83 YT 175
    85 ALT 125

--
    Very well siad. Dan and Oldschoolin get the point behind all this. $7 should not have been taken as an insult. Then the response from the seller was uncalled for.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Thank you for your best offer. In the future, we would recommend that you be careful of what you offer so as not to offend the person that you are trying to buy an item from. We have blocked you from buying, bidding on any of our items.

Tell me this where in that reply do you see any insult or better yet the reasoning for everyone to put their low offers in as well? I think for a reply that seems to be well deserved & yes I think the seller over reacted as well. The first offence came with a poor buyer not hitting (one more time now) ASK SELLER A QUESTION TAB & asking for the specific parts he needed & the price for said items. I for one don`t make offers as I don`t want this problem in my daily life (ask anyone who I have bought anything from) & they can attest to this. Offers more often than not seem to offend the seller of the item. That being said I for one don`t like the fact that everyone bases their opinions on an experience that others partake in. I posted what I paid for a set of rear bearings & without research how do you justify a 7 dollar offer? He was submitting an offer for front & rear bearings & not just the rears as I purchased but am willing to sell for a rediculous 7 dollars + shipping to kill this thread once & for all. I for one don`t hold a dollar higher on a scale than integrity & friendships among the trike riders. This in no way is a personnal attack on anyone but more a question of who drew first offence the seller or all who posted a rediculous offer. Remember there is an ASK SELLER A QUESTION TAB on every auction on ebay use it to your advantage & keep the insults at bay. Now this being said PLEASE BE GENTLE with your comments I may get offended by you guys bullying me NOT!!!!! words are just that words. Later all & have a nice day, Jim
    I`m not suffering from INSANITY I`m enjoying EVERY MINUTE of it
    If Guns KILL PEOPLE can I blame misspelled words on my PENCIL ?
    82 Honda 200e
    84 Honda 250R Black Plastics
    85 Honda 350X
    2-87 Honda 250 fourtrax
    87 Honda 250X
    87 Polaris Trail Boss (the wifes ride)
    95 Yamaha Warrior

--
    I just simply say.....Oh this is very hard I cant do it..... No thank you?!?

I said once the banning was wrong.

But my biggest issue is the bullying you all do.

And yes I thought the bearing bid was silly and a waste of time. I dont offer I simply come out and what the least you will take for it? If its above what I want to pay I leave. I also am pretty much straight up with what I want out of what I am selling. Different tactics work for different people. But I am certianly no jerk nor do I hold a grudge against people whom are rude to me. But then I dont travel down that road.

What truley cracks me up is the guy didnt even want the bearing in the first place. So yes he was delibertly (SP?) wasting time.
    Last edited by jenndnn3; 06-02-2005 at 11:56 AM.
    www.3wheeler.org

* * * Nothing scares me more than someone who knows, with certainty, what is best for me * * *

--
    i think what everyone is trying to say F7Firecat is that if the seller had come back and said thats below what im looking for, im more exspecting around $... the guy would have come back and paid that. he could have had his money if he was a bit more rational and less sensitive to the offer made. Yes $7 is low but all it needed was a reasonable reply not a blocking and all would have been happy

will
    85 Tri-Z "Rumble Bee"
    85 250R "Red Rocket"
    83 200X "Flat Tracker"

mikey's250sx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    a few things.
    oldschoolin i am 28 so just past a kid

next i did not start this to get a bunch of people on my side to e-mail him silly lowball offers.
    third i did not use the ask a ? tab because i viewed it this way,
    would this have been so offensive to him if it were a normal auction with a .01 starting bid and a 22 dollar bin and i bid.25 with a max bid of 7 dollars? i may have been outbid but i may have won it for 7 dollars too. i just submitted my max bid of 7 dollars. to me that is not offensive. but a merchant banning someone for lowballing an offer 1 time is very offensive. it is not like i have been hounding his auctions offering low bids for weeks. this is the first and last dealing with this seller.
    simple as that.
    mike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey's250sx
    a few things.
    oldschoolin i am 28 so just past a kid
    Sorry for the kid stuff, my bad.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolin86
    So what, the (28 year old )*** kid gave a low ball number. If your not willing to take offers, ridiculous or not, then don't add the option to give them.

*** added by Jeb
    Pretty much sums it all up.

I haven't had a chance yet to sell anything with the "offer" option. A seller may consider it to be a hassle because he or she has to go through the time and trouble to respond to what he or she thinks are "too-low" offers. Ebay probably makes you have to respond to every offer. I can see a seller getting tired of responding to them. Perhaps a seller should think about that before selecting the "offer" option. I know I will now, but I personally would never handle low offers that way. OS is right, like it or not, it's bad business.

The seller set up his own auction. "The Kid" sent an offer and did nothing wrong.

And I say that going with what I've read here. If "The Kid" consistantly was low-balling this guy and never buying anything, then the response could be justified. If you've got hundreds of people low-balling you only one time and you treat all of them that way, it's your own fault. Not the guys who made the offer.

After reading this very "entertaining" post, I come to the conclusion that the first "offense" was truly the seller's in this case. With that being said, I'd probably still buy bearings from him.

Like it or not, take it or leave it, an offer is an offer. Why get offended by one?
    Last edited by Jeb; 06-02-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

--
    Ok, time to put this to bed. Having been in sales for the past 20 years, have I heard everything? Yes! When basing the response that was given, I weighed the price against the offer, everyone still stating $7.00 when actually it was $5.50. First, all the bearings and time associated with it, are worth more the that. So, when it comes down to it the insult from him was the disrespect for the time and energy that was used to assemble the database and packages that are sold. The disrespect from me was what was sent in the email. The age old adage eye for an eye! Did I jump the gun? Yes! Do I think it was a mutual mistake? Yes. Did anyone learn from it? Sorta! As for the old car situation? Lets go this way! You are selling your 250r(that you have invested so much time into) for $4000 and someone offers you $1,000 for it, do you get offended or do you blow it off and make a counter offer? Your first thought is this guy is a jerk and really doesn’t care about it and so now why should I sell it to him. So now you stand your offer of $4,000 but knowing that you would have gone down but why now. He sat there and offended you right to your face. Well the internet allows us all the ability to do things that we would not normally do in person but can hide behind the monitor and get away with. So this is it! If I offended anyone then I am truly sorry but I will still stick my guns about the offending offer.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by overstockedprod
    You are selling your 250r(that you have invested so much time into) for $4000 and someone offers you $1,000 for it, do you get offended or do you blow it off and make a counter offer? Your first thought is this guy is a jerk and really doesn’t care about it and so now why should I sell it to him. So now you stand your offer of $4,000 but knowing that you would have gone down but why now. He sat there and offended you right to your face.
    LMAO, WOW! Jeez man, just make your best offer and blow the guy off. No need to chase him away for giving it a try.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //