//ArrowChat Code

Thread: help

--

help

i have a 8 hp go cart and i cant keep it running i was wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong with it. it will start and run for about 5 seconds then it will die and i have to wait about ten minutes for it to start again. it has a good air filter angd spark plug. i just cant keep it running.

--
    well, when is the last time it ran? if you havn't ran it before ot might just be the carb mixture ratio.... try adjusting the needle, sounds like it's way to rich to me
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

--
    Make sure your gas lines are clean and free of debris. If there is a petcock or something on the fuel tank, make sure there is no rust clogging that.

I think it could be that because, it'll run for 5 seconds off the gas in the carb, then sputter out of fuel and then it takes 10 minutes for the fuel to trickle back into the carb.

What is your reasoning for thinking it may be runnign rich?

--
    what kind of engine is it? briggs + straton or a techumsah.
    Billet Triz 250 parts, Case Savers, Engine Mounts, Boost Bottles, Oil Caps, and Shifters, pm me for info

Shock Rebuilding, PM me for details TRI-Z Shocks rebuilt too

My Feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-sblt500r

--
    i think i found out ehat is wrong with it. i took the motor of and tried to start uit and it started and ran perfect. i think the motor is too small for the frame.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by honda110
    i think i found out ehat is wrong with it. i took the motor of and tried to start uit and it started and ran perfect. i think the motor is too small for the frame.
    what does this mean it makes no sense. how can the motor be too small for the frame lol please can you explain it
    85 Tri-Z "Rumble Bee"
    85 250R "Red Rocket"
    83 200X "Flat Tracker"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //