//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 500R subframe is complete!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

500R subframe is complete!

Material came in yesterday...got it partly layed out and welded together. I'm gonna put in another brace further in up front tomorrow, and make my seat mounts. And then I'll make the bottom braces and maybe get to weld them in. A few pictures of the progress. My welds aren't perfect but neither are yours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Backwelds1.jpg   Backwelds2.jpg   Frontweld1.jpg   Frontweld2.jpg   Opticalillusion.jpg   Subframestart.jpg  

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Last picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welds1.jpg  

--
    So a couple of braces and seat mounts and we'll be able to see the almost finished project?
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    Blog Entries
    Yup...Hopefully be done by this weekend unless I run into a major problem.

--
    awsome as usual Billy!!! just keep on making me jelous man...........someday when I get my 500r I'll have to drag race you!!! Till then keep up the good work!!!
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

--
    looking good.
    you MIG'n or TIG'n?
    1986 350X K&N filter, DG Krome Power exhaust
    1982 110 UNI filter, Cobra megaphone exhaust

1982 honda 110 exhaust for sale, PM me.

--
    Blog Entries
    GTAW (tig ) I'd love to have a MIG but I can't afford one

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    GTAW (tig ) I'd love to have a MIG but I can't afford one
    dumb question but what is the difference?
    85 250SX New to me!!
    85 ATC 70 stock ~ TRADED
    85 ATC 70 with 138cc Lifan
    83 110 restored ~ sold
    85 110 restored ~ sold
    83 200x restored ~ sold

02 400ex ~~~SOLD

K&N filter
    K&N jet kit
    EHS Racing lid
    Removed choke 42 pilot DJ146 main
    HMF full exhaust
    AC skids
    Holeshot XCR rears
    14t front sprocket
    IMS Roll front bumper
    Graydon Proline nerfs

--
    Blog Entries
    MIG is wirefeed. What most everyone on TV is using. Tig is where you have the little torch and you have to manually feed the rod in yourself. This is not to be confused with Oxygen and Accetylene welding, which uses the gas mixture from a cutting torch outfit. That is mostly for steel though, not aluminum. Although you can weld aluminum with an oxygen accetylene setup, it requires some very special welding rods.

--
    Hey Billy Those Inside 90s Are Fun With A Tig, Don't You Think? Looks Sweet So Far. How Many Times Have You Contaminated The Tungston? Those Aluminum Migs Are Sweet, But They Spatter Alot & I Always Have Trouble With The Wire Balling Up Inside, On The Rollers. It Takes A Long Time To Get The Tention Rite On The Feed Rollers. If Its To Tight & The Wire Doesn't Burn Instantly The Wire Balls Up. Keep Up The Good Work & Don't Make It Too Light,Cause Your Gunna Make Me Work Too Hard Trying To Keep Up. I'm Gunna Have Trans Gears Worked So I Don't Have To Search For Third & Fourth. No Clutch Just Holder Wide Open & Shift.
    Last edited by Jason Hall; 07-06-2005 at 10:24 PM.

--
    HEY! What are those foot pegs from? Did they fit right on there?
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    Blog Entries
    Yeah those are a pain in the ass. The one I'm using also has the larger diameter hood which makes it really hard to get into the nooks and crannies. I probably should change that tungsten too...I've welded steel and stuff with the same ones Thanks for reminding me haha. If things go well by Trikefest 06 I'll have it ported, drag piped, and be running on alcohol. So you better find a blue bottle to tuck under that seat! haha.

--
    Blog Entries
    Derrick the pegs are either 200x or 350X ones removed from the mounting plate and the spring return assembly. Then I just took them and ground a big wide gap on them where they fit over that angled part that the original dirtbike pegs go on. They kind of flop a little bit...I need to shim them up. I can get a picture tomorrow probably if you need me to, so you can see what I mean.

--
    dont kid yourself weldin alum with a MIG is a chore in iteself....spatters alot....takes some goofin around around too to get the voltage set right so your not burning through **** ...ect ect....lol
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Yea Man & If Its Not Clean As A Wistle, Won't Weld Worth A Darn. Little Blue Bottle Sounds Sweet. But I Think The Old SRX Snowmobile Motor Is The Cure, Just Trying To Set Clutch Up In The Trike. As Soon As I Can I'll Post Some Pictures.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //