//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATC 250r short tank shrouds

--
    Quote Originally Posted by petesatc
    Hey Aussieduner
    just wondering if your the same 'Aussieduner' on www.pilot-odyessy.com????
    Yeah sure am,im a mad Australian Pilot owner...I love them !!

Cheers
    AD
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r
    They Are not even close to being like the regular stock shrouds. They are discontinued and rare. Although AussieDuner is doing something absolutely awesome by making repros ----the value of NOS factory short track shrouds will remain high and collectors will continue to seek them out because they are a factory Hondaline accessory

They are a hondaline accessory for the 250r. They are part of a kit designed by honda for flat tracking. The kit includes the shrouds, a different tank, different bottom triple, mounting brackets, and different radiator mounts.

The last complete kit sold on ebay for over 1200.00 for the entire sealed kit.

Heres mine I only have one bracket.
    Here are some brackets for ya.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4564993290

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4564992555

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4564991854
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Looks like triztunes wants it all.

2006 YFZ 450

--
    I was going to go up to 250.00 on that

Why are people paying so much for this? Why not just grind the stock stops down on a stock triple and you've got the same thing. Numerous people here that have both the short track and the stock triples have said this.
    73 cr250m elsinore, 85 atc70, 85 250r flattracker, 87 250es bigred, 86 tecate, 2004 gas gas de300

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86waterpumper
    I was going to go up to 250.00 on that

Why are people paying so much for this? Why not just grind the stock stops down on a stock triple and you've got the same thing. Numerous people here that have both the short track and the stock triples have said this.
    Thats probably what i'll do. I'm just looking to put the kit on my 86 R for show.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    The tank and wings are the only critical part, the rest of the brackets can be made to work, Catfish made small plates for mine for spacers and it turned out good. My bike has the radiators tilted back a whole inch at the top, from the stock position, it sort of looks goofy unless this is done, if the radiators are sticking out in the stock position, since the flattrack tank is 3/4 inch shorter in length. I see no point in spending huge money on the misc pieces, since these items can't even be seen anyway. I say put the bucks on the best looking wings and tank you can find LOL
    73 cr250m elsinore, 85 atc70, 85 250r flattracker, 87 250es bigred, 86 tecate, 2004 gas gas de300

--
    I will agree, the tank and shrouds are the most criticle parts. I would say that the tripple is the next in line when it comes to importance. I have studied the stock tripple vs. short track tripple, the stock tripple can work, but the short track tripple has more of a "V" shape. Just a little more not alot. The placement of the stem is also different, it "hangs" off of the back of the stem more than the stock one. Which would move the bottom tripple forward.The radiator brackets can easily be made and are not as noticible as the tripple. Just my two cents.

--
    mine works better than the actual kit, all i have is the tank and shrouds, but my inside tire turning radiusr is at the max 2 ft, its ridiculous....it really helps out too, especially if you ride trails....and i can do really crazy looking donuts turning so sharp...
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    This stuff sold for some big money.
    Tell me about it!

400 for the tank + shrouds!

246 for the radiator mounting brackets!

143 for the tank mounts!

YIKES!!!!!!

'85 350X-The Flagship
    Speedo, Chrome HL Guard, Rubber Steps
    DG Chrome Power, 6-Pack Rack, White Bros Skidplate, 400ex Carb

'85 250ES Big Red-Working in Style
    Many Hondaline & Aftermarket Add-ons
    '84 250R-Old School Racer Project
    Too many Accessories to List
    '82 200E Big Red-The Tractor
    Rubber Steps, Tripmeter
    '85 250SX-Rider
    Various Accessories

'13 CBR250R & '05 CBR600F4i-Road Toys
    Yoshi Slip-Ons & Fender Eliminators

--
    I see Orangecnty250r is winning most of it.

2006 YFZ 450

Hornetpowerspor is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I missed out on everything. I guess I need a faster connection speed than 26.6 LOL! Looks like Orangecounty250r ended up with some nice stuff, does anyone know who skyline drive is? He was the winner of the rest of the kit.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetpowerspor
    I missed out on everything. I guess I need a faster connection speed than 26.6 LOL! Looks like Orangecounty250r ended up with some nice stuff, does anyone know who skyline drive is? He was the winner of the rest of the kit.
    It's hard with dail-up ain't it? Even on a 56k connection it's realy bad. Here I am trying to stream a radio station, browse eBay, and hang out on 3WW all at once! It's hard and slow lol.

The auctions totaled almost $1100! YIKES! Scary in a couple ways!

'85 350X-The Flagship

Rubber Steps, Tripmeter
    '85 250SX-Rider
    Various Accessories

Yoshi Slip-Ons & Fender Eliminators

--
    Whew!!! Hornetpowersports I didnt know you were going to come on that strong $$$$$ with this stuff

I'm pretty excited about winning this stuff. I know its big duckets$$$ but I have a great tank and the new in the box shrouds. When I won the tank and the shrouds alot of people said it would be almost impossible to find the rest of the parts. The nice thing about this stuff is that I can get the brackets powdered and bolt all this stuff on my 86 show R... I know a couple people who have new in the box and sealed kits but it would decrease the value of the kit to collectors to break it open. I know I could have had the same effect making some brackets and such but I'm starting to collect True Hondaline stuff.. I have a complete 81 R fairing kit coming in ....I found two of them recently, the last one is 100% complete sealed in the box with the optional # plate.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r
    I have a complete 81 R fairing kit coming in ....I found two of them recently, the last one is 100% complete sealed in the box with the optional # plate.
    There seem to be alot of those popping up lately, maybe I'll get lucky.

'85 350X-The Flagship

Rubber Steps, Tripmeter
    '85 250SX-Rider
    Various Accessories