//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My first headpipe

--

My first headpipe

I know it's not the coolest thing in the world but this is my first headpipe. A guy I know had stuck a 350x motor in a 250x frame and didn't want to fork out the dough for a powroll system. I offered to take on the task for a fraction of the cost and this is what I made. The primaries are the same size as the stock 350x's but just a hair longer to move the power closer to the mid. The main pipe was made to go to the stock location of the 250x/300ex muffler so one could use any 300ex muffler they wanted. The only mod needed for the 300ex muffler to work is the opening needed to be enlarged to accept the bigger pipe. Not a bad mod, just heat it up and drive a pin into it. I ended up picking up what looks to be a brand new HMF muffler off of ebay and made it fit. Over all I think it turned out great. It sounds great and everything fits great.

On a side note I've never been a big HMF fan but I gotta say, this is one nicely crafted silencer/muffler.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    Good job! You really can't tell that its handmade.
    "I am going out of this world.....the same way I came in...screaming and covered in blood."

--
    very nice as usual OSin86!!!
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

--
    Yeah ... looks very sano. I see a custom "OldSchoolin" heat shield in his future.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    Thanks guys! I must confess, I did get a tubing bender. I used that for the primaries and hand bent the main pipe. Having the tubing die makes it real easy but I only had one for the primaries. I'll have to order some more sizes if I do more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedfinger
    Yeah ... looks very sano. I see a custom "OldSchoolin" heat shield in his future.
    LMAO, that would be funny. I might just have to get a few of those made up.

--
    Thats the nicest part of that ATV now!!!

--
    nice one OS!!!
    1986 350X K&N filter, DG Krome Power exhaust
    1982 110 UNI filter, Cobra megaphone exhaust

1982 honda 110 exhaust for sale, PM me.

toyota200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Wow that looks like Duncan made that headpipe or some other professional company. You should start selling this on ebay. Amazing craftmanship.
    Owner of
    '98 klx 300r
    '85 250sx
    '82 185s

--
    Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by toyota200x
    You should start selling this on ebay. Amazing craftmanship.
    It would be cool if someday I could get ahold of a 350x to make some custom headers. Everyone is talking about the 450R stuff on them, a high flow header made to bolt up could be sweet.

--
    That's a very nice looking pipe you built. Great job! Wouldn't know is was a home built piece.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //