//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 900cc Quads

--
    I'm waiting for some gearhead to throw a supercharged 350 chevy into a quad chassis; hey,a 350 was built into a streetbike ** why not a quad????
    ... git'er done Jim!. How about a Tri-Z 350(ci)
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    They also make the boss hoss with a 572 in it...hah
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    one place where I ride alot of these guys ave these "ute" quads, they are like jeeps, I don't know which is bigger. I can see a 1000cc "ute" quads in the near future, these things are 700-800 pound dry wieght, they need big motors to move them and some guy is gonna want to have the bragging rights to say "I have a 1000cc motor in my 900lb quad". you guys know whats really funny, our trikes have more than half the weight as these "mini" jeeps and have motors almost half as big and will fun cicles around them "mini" jeeps. I find that just plain pathetic, 20 yr old bikes with half the weight and half the motor size running cirles around these "mini" jeeps. god forbid you get one of them stuck in the mud, good luck getting them out.

--
    2 words, Geo Tracker......my buddy bought one that had been rolled over and cut all the body off of it and built a rock crawler looking cage for it and put a plastic body on it , it is just one huge assed quad lol and i think its got a 1600cc engine, it will fit most places on the trails where a sportsman will

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! AND NEVER LOOK BACK, THEY ARE TOO FAR BEHIND TO SEE!!

Id rather have a sister in a WHORE HOUSE than a brother in a FORD!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by corndawg
    2 words, Geo Tracker......my buddy bought one that had been rolled over and cut all the body off of it and built a rock crawler looking cage for it and put a plastic body on it , it is just one huge assed quad lol and i think its got a 1600cc engine, it will fit most places on the trails where a sportsman will
    That whole sentance didn't make sense. Rephrase it, spell check it, and put some damn periods in there will you please?

--
    I sure as hell hope they put an end to the CC war soon, All these big machines have destroyed many trails that i used to love going dirtbiking on when they were dry and only had small ruts but now since there have been atv rally's with dozens of these 1000 LB beasts the trails are notihng but long stretches of mudholes. Another thing that should be considered about these things is the safety, I know around here alot of the people that own the 650+ CC quads are the type that gets drunk and goes quading all day and people end up in the hospital with broken necks because trhey flipped there 800 pound quad on them or even worse they let there 10 year old kids ride them . But anyhow thats just what i tihnk about huge quads like those.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AirManCam
    That whole sentance didn't make sense. Rephrase it, spell check it, and put some damn periods in there will you please?
    I guess thats what happens when im running on a couple hours sleep.

2 words:Geo Tracker......My buddy bought one that had been rolled over. He cut all the body off of it,built cage for it, and put a plastic body on it. Its pretty much just one huge assed quad. I think its got a 1600cc engine. The tracker AKA "Rokon" will fit most places on the trails where a sportsman will.

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! AND NEVER LOOK BACK, THEY ARE TOO FAR BEHIND TO SEE!!

Id rather have a sister in a WHORE HOUSE than a brother in a FORD!

--
    As long as there is a market there will be bigger and bigger quads. I dont think there is a cut off for CC's though because our Polaris ranger either has a 500 or 750 cc engine in it but it is classified as one of them Utility vehiculars like the Gator.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    sorry if this offends anyone, but utility atv's are way too large these days. me and my dad hunt every year on a 4x4 300 fourtrax, this bike has gone through hell, and brought back a few elk on its journey back, it does the job and some. but how are you suposed to hunt on a 800cc atv? their so huge, that they wont fit on the trails we use. polaris needs too learn to make a more potent motor, and that you dont need so many cc's. im perfectly content with a honda 300: powerful, and reliable motor, that makes great power for its size. ive seen a few 650's and 800's that couldent make it through a tight trail, or maneuver over big rocks, logs, and mud. giant utility bikes arent as awesome as everyone makes them out to be. makers need to squeeze more power out of their motors, because in my opinion, atvs these days are too big. if someone really needs something that big, get a max 6x6. 24horse b&s, 6 wheel drive, and it floats!
    Last edited by monster 84r; 08-08-2005 at 09:29 PM.

--
    i ahve seen a 920cc banshee tripple motor and i have seen dual cr500 cylenders on a bansheebottom end also

--
    Quote Originally Posted by monster 84r
    sorry if this offends anyone, but utility atv's are way too large these days. me and my dad hunt every year on a 4x4 300 fourtrax, this bike has gone through hell, and brought back a few elk on its journey back, it does the job and some. but how are you suposed to hunt on a 800cc atv? their so huge, that they wont fit on the trails we use. polaris needs too learn to make a more potent motor, and that you dont need so many cc's. im perfectly content with a honda 300: powerful, and reliable motor, that makes great power for its size. ive seen a few 650's and 800's that couldent make it through a tight trail, or maneuver over big rocks, logs, and mud. giant utility bikes arent as awesome as everyone makes them out to be. makers need to squeeze more power out of their motors, because in my opinion, atvs these days are too big. if someone really needs something that big, get a max 6x6. 24horse b&s, 6 wheel drive, and it floats!
    i agree 100%. I was at a dealership yesterday snooping around and I was amazed at how large some of these quads are getting. My first thought was Holy smokes!!! I would hate to have to push that thing home or out of a mudhole! Save yourself the trouble and get a winch. btw I had one of that 6x6's at one time an it was awesome!

--
    I heard Bombardier is making a 1000 Outlander...

--

Polaris just aint what it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie king
    Polaris will do it. I'm sure that Wickedfinger will gig me for this, but......We can always count on polaris for a hurried, underengineered, impractical, heavy, machine that is the "newest thing" in the ATV world- with some name like the "thrasher".

Just look at that waste of a sport quad with IRS. Huh????
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."-Ernest Hemmingway

--
    Stumbled across this thread... interesting to see who's predictions came true over a decade later! (leave it to the Russians to get the top secret intel back in 2005!!)

--
    This is pretty funny. To the moon.
    1986 200x- old school D.I.D wheels, Gold D.I.D X-Ring Chain, Rad MFG. Carrier, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Circuit T-4 custom, Maier plastics, 85x forks, 18x10.5x8 kenda klaw mxr's on itp steels, the money pit never ends

2004 YFZ450 - CP 12.5:1, cam mod , gibson nerfs, hmf pipe, protaper bars + risers, dg bumper/skids, holeshot gncc's on itps, cycra handguard and more stuff to come.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //