//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 900cc Quads

--

900cc Quads

I want to hear some bets on how long and who do you think will come out with the first 900cc quads, because each year we see the cc range just going higher and higher and I was just wondering who can best guess when and who will they come out?

P.S. I think that in 2007 Polaris will do it. (and i'm only saying that because they came out with the first 800)

OLD HARLEYS NEVER DIE

--
    Late 2007, arriving for the 2008 season.
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

--
    I thought there was a limit on how many cc's were alowed???

--
    ^^^ How big is the chassis??? LOL that seems about the only limit these days!!!
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

wheelie king is offline Aficionado of white surprise sauces. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    Polaris will do it. I'm sure that Wickedfinger will gig me for this, but......We can always count on polaris for a hurried, underengineered, impractical, heavy, machine that is the "newest thing" in the ATV world- with some name like the "thrasher".

Just look at that waste of a sport quad with IRS. Huh????
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------
    Supporter of Uncle Rico's football camp. Since 1982.

If you are reading this in English, thank a U.S. Military VET. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolin86
    I thought there was a limit on how many cc's were alowed???

If there is such an animal i've never heard of it

OLD HARLEYS NEVER DIE

--
    I agree wheelie king, polaris should just stick at what they do best, snowmobiles!!!
    ......IRS sport quad, what a joke.....................
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

200xadam is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelie king
    Just look at that waste of a sport quad with IRS. Huh????
    yea i saw that, wasnt it called the "Outlaw" or something, it was in a dirtwheels issue.

but hey you need some crazy company out there to try new stuff out, maybe IRS will be the new thing for TT races. or maybe it will be the beggining of the true sport utility quad...

but i think that suzuki will be the first to make a monster 900..they just seem like there ready to let loose and make some crazy machines. i say it will be released late 2006 with a 2007 tag on it.
    2000 426Ex
    Too Much In The Motor To Talk About
    +2+4 Axle
    Lowering Kit
    FCR Carb

!*Under Construction*!
    2005 Blaster
    cb750 4cylinder motor
    !*Under Construction*!

--
    I don't know why all you guys are dogging the outlaw. I say, don't dog it untill you ride it. It's only 24(ish?) lbs heavier than the preditor, and I know damn well you will be able to ride it faster in the woods, and possibly on the track. It will take up bumps better, and most likely cornerbetter, but all in all ride better period. Just hope they have good stock shocks, wouldnt wanna buy 4 elkas LOL.

thehickfarmer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    the maximum they can do is either a 800 or 900. beacuase anything bigger is no longer considered an atv. i think its then a ruv or a small car. i'm gonna look into this.
    Marko

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --

thehickfarmer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    we already have a 900 cc quad.. its called a smart car.

--
    I personally don't think they will go much over 800cc's. There simply is no reason for it. Bombardier putting a 62 horsepower v-twin into that 4x4 is pretty over the top. Even though I'm 100% that its an outstanding machine in everyway - the chassis cannot simply use that much power. The same can totally be said for the Brute Force. The motor overpowers the quad. Also, there is a weight issue that has to be a factor in going too big - the motors are going to weigh too much. I know the 800efi motor in the Sportsman pumps out a rediculas 55hp stock according to AAENs dyno - more impressive than that is that it delivers a chassis shattering 51.8lbs/4800rpm of torque. Thats just far more than is needed in any conceivable situation. It needs it though to a certain point because of the near 800lb dry weight. If you are talking pure horsepower - in comparison: the twin 700efi sportsman puts out 45hp - the '05/06 version of the Predators Fuji/Subaru 500 motor pumps out 50hp - and its probably close to half the wieght of the 600/700/800 twins. I know that the twins are going to have a much higher torque number - but - if you can get that much horsepower, reliably out of a smaller, lighter motor and for probably half to 2/3's the cost of the twins ...... do the math. I guess I'm just not a 4x4 guy and torque means not a lot to me. I don't see the need for such monster motors except for bragging rights. Yamaha seems pretty content to leave the Griz at 660 for now. I would, however, be completely shocked not to see it use the Raptor 700's efi motor soon though.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

200xadam is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by AirManCam
    I don't know why all you guys are dogging the outlaw. I say, don't dog it untill you ride it. It's only 24(ish?) lbs heavier than the preditor, and I know damn well you will be able to ride it faster in the woods, and possibly on the track. It will take up bumps better, and most likely cornerbetter, but all in all ride better period. Just hope they have good stock shocks, wouldnt wanna buy 4 elkas LOL.

i dont think that it will be able to corner better, if you think about it comming into a corner both shocks on one side will compress and it will lift your other side off the ground, and you will probobly flip because the shocks that are not compressed will decompress. but i think it would be good for TT, because when your lowered theres really not too much of the suspension, but if you go into a corner and both tires sink on TT you will go around the corner better i think.
    2000 426Ex
    Too Much In The Motor To Talk About
    +2+4 Axle
    Lowering Kit
    FCR Carb

!*Under Construction*!
    2005 Blaster
    cb750 4cylinder motor
    !*Under Construction*!

YAMAHA_Jim is offline 4 Motos, 3 Wheels, 2 Classes, 1st Place Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yamaha has a 4 cyl 1000cc snowmobile and thats still classefied as a snowmobile,not a vehicle
    A 4 wheeler is a 4 wheeler or quad, Its one of many machines that are classisfied as atv's,,dirtbikes,trikes,jeeps,sandrails,etc are all ATV's.I didnt know of any laws or regulations stating a limit to cc's for quads.
    I'm waiting for some gearhead to throw a supercharged 350 chevy into a quad chassis; hey,a 350 was built into a streetbike ** why not a quad????
    Anyways,thats my 2 cents,,,,carry on

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //