//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha Kodiak questions

Power_Ram100 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Exclamation Yamaha Kodiak questions

Tomorrow im gonna go look at a 99 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4. What are some of its strengths are weaknesses? Also what are its Specs? Is it a good quad? Ill be using if for hunting and general trail riding. The trails that i ride are pretty rough lots of rocks, mud , snow and big mountians.

Thanks,

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just thought of something funny...your mother

83 Big Red with Bear Claws (SOLD)

85 Tri Z with Maxxis Alltrax rear tires on .190 aluminum rims, DG pipe, Answer SA Pro silencer, High Flow Fuel Pump, and UNI air filter (SOLD)

99 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 with Warn winch and custom skidplates

85 Honda 250 SX with Dirt Devils (near mint) (SOLD)

wheelie king is offline Aficionado of white surprise sauces. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    Very good quads. I have the little brother- the Beartracker. Handles all kinds of terrain well, and easy to maintain. Performs like quads that are much larger (pulling, hauling, etc.) . Other than obvious maintinence stuff, there are no real "qwerks" to worry about. Good luck
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------
    Supporter of Uncle Rico's football camp. Since 1982.

If you are reading this in English, thank a U.S. Military VET. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

--
    Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

85 Tri Z with Maxxis Alltrax rear tires on .190 aluminum rims, DG pipe, Answer SA Pro silencer, High Flow Fuel Pump, and UNI air filter (SOLD)

wheelie king is offline Aficionado of white surprise sauces. Arm chair racerRoostin Away
    --
    The only consideration is the open front diff. If you do a lot of really aggressive rock crawling, that's the only place you will notice it. Steers pretty well in 4WD in most terrain, though.
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------

--
    LEAVE IT BEE!!! they suck horribly in mud, i put them togther all day, they have zilce for power and get stuck easy casuse they cant turn there own tires in deeper snow and mud, my uncle has one, for hunting in the mountins, never again he said, it was so underpowerd he had to put another winch on to make it easier to get unstuck!
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by My trike Sucks
    LEAVE IT BEE!!! they suck horribly in mud, i put them togther all day, they have zilce for power and get stuck easy casuse they cant turn there own tires in deeper snow and mud

My uncle has one too and is the one pulling us out of the foot and a half of mud. That is with the stock tires too. They are a great quad and my little cousin (she is 12) can even drive it. He put a gun rack on the front for hunting and likes it alot.
    Nate

The Myth, The MAN, The Legend
    R.I.P HRR

Quote Originally Posted by honda250sx View Post
    Fact: Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte.

--
    I'm not sure if its just the one bike but sometimes my buddies bike won't register that its in neutreal and you cant start it. It happens about once or twice a week.
    Last edited by canadiandevil2; 08-04-2005 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    "And I bled out of here, and here, and here and here.........."

'84 200M-Cobra pipe-sold
    '99 honda 300 fourtrax-2 inch lift, Bearclaws on ITPs
    1981 honda 185s-Ole Smokey! :
    1987 Honda 250x....well in theory

--
    I looked at it today, i got the guy down to $2500. All it needs is a plastic headlight cover. Tommrow im gonna change the oil in the motor and diffs, grease points, do a general check. Then its all ready for Huntin
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    I guess My Trike Sucks has a unique expereince. I'd check my compression and drivetrain before I put winches on. I agree with 250sxwheeliepop- They are a good pulling machine- every one I've seen.

Canadiandevil- Depending on the year, There is a wire under the bike that connects to the bottom of the gear case that electronically registers when it is in neutral. It's a safety feature. When that wire or connection gets wet and corroded, it will do that. Clean that connection and no more probs.
    1986 Honda ATC 200 S

Some quads and a S x S

-------------

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //