//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Short Track Kit for $1200 BUY IT NOW

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 Turbo Coupe
    I'm not a little greedy or a lot for that matter. It cost me almost $250 bucks for the NOS shrouds. Thats alot of money to me. (maybe not to you). Ok lets see. I send Aussi the NOS left shroud some 12 thousand miles away. He gets it, does his thing, makes a load of money (maybe), sends it back, the the shroud gets lost in the mail. What do I do now????? All I got is my thumb up my ars now. I got sh*t.
    I don't blame ya.
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Chrisr, You didn't hit a nerve. All I am telling you and every one else is my opinion about sending a part 12 thousand miles, my own experience with customs, and what happens when a mold is made in some detail. I'm trying to make sense why I shouldn't send a NOS shroud out. I've learned in the past that nice guys finish last and I'm sick of finishing LAST!
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    OK...Guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
    Not that a short trak kits means anything to me anyway I think it's great what aussiedude is doing. I thought since you had many kits that it wouldn't be too big of a deal that's all. Sorry if I offended you in anyway. case closed....

--
    No offense taken, just pleading my case. I like to help but it seems like when i do i always get screwed. I think what Aussidude can do is great. I can't do that. Good to have someone like that as a resource!
    Hey why don't I take a vacation to Aussidudes' place and bring all my palstics with me.
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    And I'm not "bragging" about the stuff I have accumulatled over the years of searching. I always liked my Atc 110.
    Laegers ATC500R

--
    I don't want to beat this thread to death but in my previous post I said how I get screwed when I try to help, well, here is my latest scwewing.
    I bought Speedbumps only authentic Tiger 500 rear fender. I had him ship it directly to Yamatopdogs place to have some decals made. He made the decals and he ships it back to Speedbump after I email him to send it to me. Now Speedbump opens it up and says to me the fender is now cracked where it says "500" on it. Speedbumps send it to me. I ate all the shipping around, got a cracked fender in return. Now there are Tiger decals available for sale to you from Yamatopdog from me. But it cost me some too. I tried to help with some decals for the Tiger Guys and look what it cost me.
    Laegers ATC500R

--
    You just can't let it go could you..

--
    Thanks 88 turbo coupe, I'll jump in the boat with you too, I have an extra short track shroud too. But I don't have enough guts to ship them out in hopes that they would return either. They definately are not a dime a dozen.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 Turbo Coupe
    What happens if Aussiduner cracks or scratches the shroud when he makes the mold? I have NOS Tiger fenders and looked into the process of reproducing them. I know what happens and what can happen.
    Its all cool here,i will wait to get a shroud i dont mind paying for one on ebay etc.As for damage to doner parts i havent damaged one yet and if i did i would inform the owner and pay for it thats just the type of person i am.As ive said in a previous post all the work is on the inside of the part not the outside and even if i was offered a brand new set of unused ST shrouds i wouldnt accept them as doner parts,i would take a used set that are scratched or scuffed up on the outside then there is no problems.
    Thing with my repro projects its a hobby not a money making business,if i was to charge the correct price for all the hours i put into making the molds the reproduced parts would be very high,its a buzz to take a factory part then reproduce your own,look at the 83/84 250R shrouds im only asking $25 pair.
    If someone has the part and THEY are happy to send them all good,the part gets made they get a free set and the part is returned,everyone is happy,i might sell 1 set or 100 it dosent really matter to me.

So everyone be cool

Aussieduner
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    Holy Moly what happened here while I was away today !!

After reading the posts Ive come to this conclusion:
    1. Aussie is awesome for doing this and isn't making boat loads of $$
    2. I dont blame 88 T for not wanting to send NOS parts. Its hard to come by this stuff and its not cheap and unfortunetly the unexpected does happen at times.
    3. Chris is just passionate about three wheelers -nothing wrong with that.

Looks like all has been settled anyways- I can feel the love
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtface
    Thanks 88 turbo coupe, I'll jump in the boat with you too, I have an extra short track shroud too. But I don't have enough guts to ship them out in hopes that they would return either. They definately are not a dime a dozen.
    There will be as many sets as people want when i do the molds i can assure you of that,then ordinary people with a moderate amout of money can have a set or replace a broken set without the outrageous ebay prices that people are asking,$1200US for a kit is a joke and more fool the person that pays that amount.

By the way there is no "HOPE" involved with me returning doner parts,i sort of get the feeling your saying im a person that should not be trusted ? maybe i should remember that when i have sets of ST shrouds for under $100 and you want to buy some.

Aussieduner

--
    can you get me the part number for the short track radiator brackets, PLEASE..

--
    Here is a pic of some OEM Z shrouds a member of this board set me to copy,and here are the molds that have been made made,This guy is getting back his donated parts and a set of Z shrouds for his trouble,if has any issues about his parts he would email me or if he wanted ring me.I even told him last week that im done with the doner part and did he need it returned...he said "no just send it back with the free set when your ready" so he's cool with the arrangement.

Its going to be interesting when the ST shrouds are at this stage,it will be nice to tuck away those OEM new shrouds and put mine on and know you can replace them whenever you want if damage happens,oh and not pay hundreds of dollars.

Aussieduner
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    man i can't wait entill the yellow ones are done! Looks great.
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by twgranger
    man i can't wait entill the yellow ones are done! Looks great.
    Im working on them right now ! just cleaning up the middle vent area as you can see the lines drawn in.

Cheers
    Aussieduner

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //