//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Playwicky/Twin Bridges revisited.

--

Playwicky/Twin Bridges revisited.

Some of you may remember my postings a while back about my local riding area. Because of stupidity, several people were hurt back there, riding where they shouldn't have been and because of it, it was effectively shut down. The relatively easy truce we riders have had with the Rail police and DCNR for the past 15 or so years had pretty much come to an end. Ever since 9/11, the rail cops had been patroling back there regularly in the name of national security - but as long as you stayed off the tracks, you were ok. After the accidents, I had heard that the rail cops and local police had started towing trucks, writing full on trespassing tickets and impounding ATV's. I hadn't been back there for 8 months for fear of getting back to my truck and seeing a ticket, but today we went back. I was sure that I would find most of the trails overgrown - but I was very suprised to see different. The riding was alive and well and we ran into at least 20 other ATVers, out enjoying their Sunday. There were actually several new trails and a bunch of enterprising kids rebuilt and expanded the old "Trials" course, mostly for Mountain Bikes. There is quite a maze of cat walks between the fallen trees now and some crazy jumps. We didn't see any trikes though, just ALOT of 400EX's with a couple of Raptors, Warriors, 4x4's and a Predator. I managed to coax the guy on the '05 Preddy to drag me, but about 1/2 way down the old track (we were pretty much even), he somehow blew off the endcap to his aftermarket silencer and backed it down because it scared him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //