//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 Stroke Oil Makes A Big Difference

--

2 Stroke Oil Makes A Big Difference

Well I finally finished my 1st tank of Gas in the Tecate Project. I had used Yamalube 2 Stroke oil the 1st tank.
    The dude saw my Trike cause I had ridden it to the dealer and he said I defdinatly needed
    KOLTZ R-50 Two Stoke Racing Synthetic Lube.

After getting to the Gas Station and putting in 2 Gallons of gas and 8oz of 2 stroke oil I headed off home. After about 15 minutes that Trike Came Alive and started to Scare me. I allways thought it should be faster, and with this 2 Strok oil it sure is. I swear it was Picking up way Faster and had more top end. Im happy with this brand.
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    I remeber that feeling. I've filled up friends tank with Klotz just so they can feel it too.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    I run Castor 927 seems to be pretty damn good.
    Current Bikes
    02 Drag/Dune Banshee
    84 ATC 110 -4 SALE
    84 200S- all original other than tires!
    85 Tecate (need motor)

Former Rides
    03 660R- R.I.P.
    85 Tecate 3 Nice!- Sold
    82 250R -Sold

--
    from what I hear, blue marble does that too, but after 2-3 tanks full.

--
    where you running 2-R yamalube or the junk green stuff? i use 2-R in my bike and it works great...
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--

well I busted out the GPS and did 3 runs

well I busted out the GPS and did 3 runs up and down the road.
    I saw 64. something a few times. It was hard to stick my face to my Radiator and view it, lots of wobble and I couldnt see 5' in front of me. 65 mph and looking over at your front wheel is scary
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Quote Originally Posted by My trike Sucks
    where you running 2-R yamalube or the junk green stuff? i use 2-R in my bike and it works great...
    I've ran 2-R, not impressed at all.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53
    I saw a difference after about 20 minutes of riding, and I was running good stuff before that. (MC1 at 50:1)

--
    i mwas told to run honda hp2 at 40:1 on my 83 250r. i just got her rebuilt and thats what was reccomended after breakin...does this sound about right or should i go to a better oil or richer mixture any input would help as thisis my first 2 stroke and my manual says to run 20:1

--
    I run HP2 in my Tecate, at 32:1. No complaints here, runs great burns clean. Im skeptical of Klotz R50, Blazers 82 250R got a light seize using it, my tri-z got a light seize runnin it. I also talk to one of my older friends who built some impressive motors for banshee's, words from his mouth, Ive seen a lot of bikes seize from using there product. As long as you dont buy cheap junk or stuff that isnt a fully senthitec blend you are probebly gonna see a loss in power. Now about mixing ratio's.

This is a respected and renouwn engine builder replying to a members post at my local forum.

Because alot of them get caught up in the advertising hype....used to be the old pertro based and castor based oils fouled plugs and ran very "dirty" (Lots of carbon build up, etc). Therefore a marketing plan evolved that somehow less oil was better- well better in the aspect of reduced plug fouling and carbon build-up. However with the advent of the synthetic oils- these oils ran very clean and plug fouling was greatly reduced. The synth oils are "slicker"- so I presume it was thought to stay with the old thinking of less was better.

The facts are- testing has proved engines make more power with ratios down to 16:1. There is improved piston and ring sealing, greatly reduced friction, and oil has a higher specific energy than gasoline (so it creates more heat/power). Real world applications are that I have yet to rebuild a motor because of a richer oil mix ratio- always the other way around.

The leanest ratio I typically recommend is 32:1
    1986 310R
    1975 F150 4x4
    1975 F250 4x4
    1968 F100 2wd
    2001 Dodge 1500 4x4

--
    I think I agree that more oil would be better for the engine if it can burn it effeciently. I have been running Blue Marble at 50to1 for over a year now and have seen adequate residual oil on the crank in both my bikes upon tear down. Also, I very rarely change the plug with this oil.

Our local cycle shop now carries the Amsoil 2 cycle, so i'm going to make the switch to that for awhile and see how I like it. I've heard very good things about that oil as well.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    MC1 isn't on my "good" oil list. I used to run that and don't like it either. It's Klotz or Blue Marble only in in this house now. My favorite is Klotz super techniplate.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53
    I run nothing but Blue Marble in our 2 Golf Carts. On the first cart, We noticed the difference on the first tank. The second cart we did a complete motor rebuild and then switched to Blue Marble. I will be switching the Polaris over to BM before long also, I'm just waiting on the tank of oil in it to get used up first.

Howdy

oddball3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    All I use is Klotz synthetic. In my Trike, Sleds, Jetskis, even the line trimmer and backpack blower. Great oil and even a sweet smell, like grape jelly.
    IN MY GARAGE:

1984 250r
    1986 350x
    1986 200x(wifes)
    1985 200x fixer upper
    1979 110 PARTING OUT
    1984 70
    http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...post&id=155447
    '97 ZRT 600 drag sled
    '97 ZRT 600 trail sled
    '98 ZR 440 sno-pro(wifes)
    http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...=post&id=79401

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984kxtTECATE
    This is a respected and renouwn engine builder replying to a members post at my local forum.

Because alot of them get caught up in the advertising hype....used to be the old pertro based and castor based oils fouled plugs and ran very "dirty" (Lots of carbon build up, etc). Therefore a marketing plan evolved that somehow less oil was better- well better in the aspect of reduced plug fouling and carbon build-up. However with the advent of the synthetic oils- these oils ran very clean and plug fouling was greatly reduced. The synth oils are "slicker"- so I presume it was thought to stay with the old thinking of less was better.

The facts are- testing has proved engines make more power with ratios down to 16:1. There is improved piston and ring sealing, greatly reduced friction, and oil has a higher specific energy than gasoline (so it creates more heat/power). Real world applications are that I have yet to rebuild a motor because of a richer oil mix ratio- always the other way around.

The leanest ratio I typically recommend is 32:1
    I respect your engine builder's opinion, but I find it very odd that if you go to any race track, pro or amateur, and everybody there runs top notch oils at very lean mixes, often much leaner than 50:1. These are people who also have their own engine builders, and have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars for a performance advantage. Im open to somebody having a better idea, but the odds that a 16:1 petroleum based mix was never thought of, and all these guys are wrong is not very high. And yes, I used to run a 16:1 mix of Suzuki house brand (CCI) oil back in the 1970's when that was the standard. I have no doubt how much better my stuff would have run, and how much less it would have smoked, had we had decent oils back then.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //