//ArrowChat Code
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Atc 4 Me

--
    Amazing. Took me HOURS to read this all. I was born in 86 so reading this has showed me what ive missed. I Got an 83 250r when i was 12 and ive been hooked ever since. Just bought a really nice 85 250r that i plan on keeping forever! Mike Coe you are the man! A few videos can be found on youtube of you and many other pros racing in 85 check it out. I would give anything for your autograph on my 250R or helmet!!! You have no idea. Ill send a front fender in the mail!! LOL. Hearing everything you had going against you...and you still won like crazy!......im with you on the whole "what about the rider" thing. Skill trumps parts any day...power is nothing without control! I hope you know that to many many ppl you are a legend. A huge piece of motorcycle history. Even to ppl who werent even born yet. There should be a 3 wheeler hall of fame with you and your awesome 250r's in there.

--
    Mike I have been talking to Harry Klemm on another forum, he says HI, Im trying to talk him ito makin me a pipe or my trike Im waiting for a response Im praying real hard, I had no clue he sold Klemm and started Group K which if anyone else follows Jet skis Group K is the shiz nit

--
    Hokey Dinah! Loads of sweet oldschool info....the kind i love! I'd REALLY like to see some more pics from from your ATC racing days Mr. Coe!

Hope things are a goin' good for you, and I hope the "Queen" of the computer gets a scanner soon! lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by CoeShow View Post
    It was an incredable time racing ATC's in the early through mid 80's!
    I must admit that I have not read this thread from start to end.....YET.....but I read enough to nudge me to register and reply to the thread starter, and I would like to say I too have MANY good memories of the early to mid 80's and the days when the 3 wheelers were the thing! I will go back to the start of this thread and read it from top to bottom, (as well as a few other threads that I noticed when looking for this thread to respond in).

I get a chance to talk to Curtis every now and then, but other than that, the faces in the industry has changed enough that I don't get to talk to many of the "old school" guys these days. I was searching for the "Top 10 Crash and Burn" spreads from Dean's old mag when I happened into this site, and when I found some of the articles from "the day" it caused me to stop my search for the shot of Glen Isles SAILING over the top of the second camelback top, in the old Columbus Ohio National......(my understanding is that shot made the "Top 10 Crash and Burn" shots for all time)....but as much as I wanted to see that shot again, the thought of reading/posting about the the "old days" with people who ACTUALLY REMEMBER the track at Boyd, Texas......the Nationals at San Jose and Saddleback, the OKC WinterNationals, proved too good to pass up.

I talk to your brother on occasion, but I can't remember the last time I had a chance to talk about the old days......I'm kind-of looking forward to bringing out a few old memories.

Talk to you Soon Mike,
    Calvin Pollet.......(used to be one of the old Cammex Racing Products guys).....lol

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Calvin, welcome to the site! Big fan of yours from your cylinder business and a lot of your technical posts at Planet Sand, glad to have you here at 3wheelerworld!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Go-Fast View Post
    I must admit that I have not read this thread from start to end.....YET.....but I read enough to nudge me to register and reply to the thread starter, and I would like to say I too have MANY good memories of the early to mid 80's and the days when the 3 wheelers were the thing! I will go back to the start of this thread and read it from top to bottom, (as well as a few other threads that I noticed when looking for this thread to respond in).

I get a chance to talk to Curtis every now and then, but other than that, the faces in the industry has changed enough that I don't get to talk to many of the "old school" guys these days. I was searching for the "Top 10 Crash and Burn" spreads from Dean's old mag when I happened into this site, and when I found some of the articles from "the day" it caused me to stop my search for the shot of Glen Isles SAILING over the top of the second camelback top, in the old Columbus Ohio National......(my understanding is that shot made the "Top 10 Crash and Burn" shots for all time)....but as much as I wanted to see that shot again, the thought of reading/posting about the the "old days" with people who ACTUALLY REMEMBER the track at Boyd, Texas......the Nationals at San Jose and Saddleback, the OKC WinterNationals, proved too good to pass up.

I talk to your brother on occasion, but I can't remember the last time I had a chance to talk about the old days......I'm kind-of looking forward to bringing out a few old memories.

Talk to you Soon Mike,
    Calvin Pollet.......(used to be one of the old Cammex Racing Products guys).....lol
    I'm still amazed that Cammex was out of South Coffeyville, OK just a few miles from my house. Calvin, do you still work on motors?
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcreel View Post
    I'm still amazed that Cammex was out of South Coffeyville, OK just a few miles from my house. Calvin, do you still work on motors?
    Where are you located?........To answer your question on working on engines would seem a little to much like an advertisement, which is not why I am here, but yes....we are still building cylinders for ATV's, snowmos's, and a few bike engines....in fact, we have been building cylinders all along, we built the ProX cylinders for LA Sleeve for close to 20 years now, they have just "went the way of the 4-stroke" as far as the old TRX's.....and they have ordered less and less each year.

I don't know the rules about advertising over here yet, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

--
    Where are you located?........To answer your question on working on engines would seem a little to much like an advertisement, which is not why I am here, but yes....we are still building cylinders for ATV's, snowmos's, and a few bike engines....in fact, we have been building cylinders all along, we built the ProX cylinders for LA Sleeve for close to 20 years now, they have just "went the way of the 4-stroke" as far as the old TRX's.....and they have ordered less and less each year.

I don't know the rules about advertising over here yet, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
    I live in Coffeyville, KS and I am always looking for someone that can build a quick 2 stroke motor. Especially someone local with years upon years of experience. I was just amazed to see an ad in 3Wheeling for Cammex, and that they were located in South Coffeyville.
    Rides:

My feedback thread

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcreel View Post
    I am always looking for someone that can build a quick 2 stroke motor..... I was just amazed to see an ad in 3Wheeling for Cammex, and that they were located in South Coffeyville.
    We did VERY few of the actual builds "back in the day", as we were the manufacturer.....In those days, we sold our cylinder kits to the public, and to many different builders who all used their own "touch" to build for their riders.
    We had a shop fire in early 85 that totally destroyed the shop, (as well as many of our patterns). It was latter found to be arson, but that was a couple of years after the fact....all we knew was that the shop was totally destroyed on a Sunday morning, we had no insurance, so it was basically a "start all over" process.
    When we were able to get started back up building cylinders, we decided to only build and supply to a Dealer network and not do any retail sales at all. In fact, for the first 2 to 3 years we built Snowmobile cylinders, and fell completely out of the public view. Believe it or not, we are still building cylinders within 11 miles of you if you live in Coffeyville, we just keep a pretty low profile.....lol

--
    We did VERY few of the actual builds "back in the day", as we were the manufacturer.....In those days, we sold our cylinder kits to the public, and to many different builders who all used their own "touch" to build for their riders.
    We had a shop fire in early 85 that totally destroyed the shop, (as well as many of our patterns). It was latter found to be arson, but that was a couple of years after the fact....all we knew was that the shop was totally destroyed on a Sunday morning, we had no insurance, so it was basically a "start all over" process.
    When we were able to get started back up building cylinders, we decided to only build and supply to a Dealer network and not do any retail sales at all. In fact, for the first 2 to 3 years we built Snowmobile cylinders, and fell completely out of the public view. Believe it or not, we are still building cylinders within 11 miles of you if you live in Coffeyville, we just keep a pretty low profile.....lol
    The crazy thing is how many times I have looked at your website longing for one of your cylinders for one of my Tecates. Never even knowing you are in the same town as my ex wife's mother. :-) It's a crazy world.. You guys makes some amazing cylinders. If I owned a Banshee or a 250R and wanted to haul @$$ I would have one of your cylinders. My hat's off to you guys.
    Rides:

My feedback thread

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Hey Calvin,

Some good times, HUH! I just turned 40 and have a little one on the way!!! Look at the page before this one as Jon has some old race photos on it. Dad just scanned and emailed a bunch to us. I will try to post. That's funny, you talking about the TCH Indy 600 cylinders.

Kevin Marois
    Last edited by 85KM; 05-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.

--

Assorted race photos from Columbus, San Jose and Colorado

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tacoma Jon 200R.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	96292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	San Jose 200x.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	96293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaian 125.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	96294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	San Jose 125 Champ.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	96295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Columbus 125.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	96296Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colorado 125.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	96297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Columbus.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	96298

--
    Awesome pictures. Thank you
    Rides:

My feedback thread

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 85KM View Post
    ... you talking about the TCH Indy 600 cylinders.....Kevin Marois
    The old TCH cylinders would have been some of the first cylinders after the fire.
    That "Dad" you talking about would not be Bob Marois would it?.....If so, tell him I said hello.

I probably shouldn't even be posting in Mike's thread here, I will end up cluttering up a darn good thread with all this..."back in the day stuff"....lol

--
    I think this whole website was created for the "back in the day" stuff. Yes, Bob. I will tell him that you said hello. Small world! I remember when you guys were playing with sand castings in the kitchen at our Forest Lake, MN house. How have you been?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //