//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: Atc 4 Me

--
    Barnett468,
    I thought I replied to your post as you mentioned. I don't recall seeing or speaking to either James or Bruce the entire weekend or even after the Loretta's woods race. I know that one or both of them were likely there. I also don't recall who may have been mounted on Honda's at the two races you mention, sorry. I am glad for John and understand he works for Kawasaki currently. Also glad you didn't cut Jimmy out of the picture for dirtfan. Jimmy was the Mike Alessi of our time. It seemed he always got great starts. Lucky for us, the tracks weren't always one-liners and there was room to pass. If memory serves, I think Marty won the race there in Big Bear. I don't recall how I finished.

--
    Dirtfan,
    When you ask,"why don't I ride anymore?", does that mean 3 wheelers or? I still ride as often as I can. I currently own two 2003 Honda CRF 230/250's that I've hopped up and also a 2003 YZ250 that I ride at Pala raceway here in So.Cal. I rode with Donny Luce about 6 years ago up at a place called Hungry Valley. It's California's second largest off highway facility. We had a great time! I also have a road bike. My current mount is a 2008 Honda VTX 1300. Hopefully I made a positive impact on your youth. Back then I never thought much about what the younger generation might be doing and you described it well in your post. I'm sorry your racing endeavors were short lived, but as you quickly found out, it's not for everyone and parents are very protective. When I first started racing bicycles, my father, like yours, was against it. My older brother is a Junior. He would forge my dads name on my entry forms. This worked fine until I started winning and he found out from someone at his work who congratulated him on a race I won. The guy read about it in the local paper, but that's another story... Jimmy White was a villan for me while we were on the track too. The guy got awesome starts and won many races. He was then and is now a great guy and I always admired the competition he brought to the track. Barnett468 posted a great picture of the start of a race held at Big Bear California. It's around 1984 I think. Jimmy White is in his customary position in the front at the start. I last saw him 16 years ago at an event held in 2000 at a popular race facility in Ohio. Boy, time really flies...

--
    Micky,
    For those that didn't read the magazine article you and I are referring to, I'm going to post the caption next to the picture they printed of me. It says, "When ATC's ruled the track in the early 1980's, aftermarket companies were very few and far between. The top riders like Mike Coe relied on the factory to supply "works" parts to gain an advantage". Relied on? Just about EVERYTHING was supplied by the aftermarket and available to the public. There may be more shock manufacturers out there now, but suspension was well represented by the aftermarket back then too. There was Fox, Works Performance and Ohlins to name a few and there were a number of very capable suspension shops that rebuilt and made great mods to stock suspension components as well. In my mind it was and is a bogus statement. 3 wheelers were well represented by the aftermarket during my entire professional racing career. In fact, without the aftermarket I likely would have never landed my ride at Honda and without Powroll, neither would you. I was happy to see my picture in a current mag, but the caption was still way off. I'm done with this subject. Cheers!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by CoeShow View Post
    Micky,
    For those that didn't read the magazine article you and I are referring to, I'm going to post the caption next to the picture they printed of me. It says, "When ATC's ruled the track in the early 1980's, aftermarket companies were very few and far between. The top riders like Mike Coe relied on the factory to supply "works" parts to gain an advantage". Relied on? Just about EVERYTHING was supplied by the aftermarket and available to the public. There may be more shock manufacturers out there now, but suspension was well represented by the aftermarket back then too. There was Fox, Works Performance and Ohlins to name a few and there were a number of very capable suspension shops that rebuilt and made great mods to stock suspension components as well. In my mind it was and is a bogus statement. 3 wheelers were well represented by the aftermarket during my entire professional racing career. In fact, without the aftermarket I likely would have never landed my ride at Honda and without Powroll, neither would you. I was happy to see my picture in a current mag, but the caption was still way off. I'm done with this subject. Cheers!
    I understand what you are saying, and like you said they weren't there so I understand that you want people to know that the aftermarket people were there, but Honda did give us parts and bikes that no one else had so we did have those advantages.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey Mike,

I got your email asking about the Imperial Invasion and tried to reply to your @netscape.net address but it bounced back. Send me a PM (or another email through the site) if you have a newer one, but here is what I wrote you:

Hey Mike,

They are out there this week now actually - Here is a link to the thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...erial-invasion

They are down at Gordon's Well area on the south side like before when I met you out there a few years ago. I didn't get to go this year unfortunately.

Hope all is well.

-Billy
    One can only beat their head up against the wall so often before they get blood in their eyes.

Note to members: Stupidity is a BANABLE offense, mods can decide if YOU are being stupid and WILL ban you!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //