//ArrowChat Code

Thread: How long does it usually take for a UPS package to register the tracking #?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

How long does it usually take for a UPS package to register the tracking #?

Couple Hours? I got a tracking # in my email at around 1:30 today, UPS says the # is invalid. Few minutes later after the seller sent the email with the tracking # they write back and say shipping cost $51 instead of the $25 they quoted me (I even sent an extra $5 for insurance! ) I feel like I'm getting screwed and I am NOT enjoying it. I dont know whether I'm gonna pay the extra for the shipping or not. I've lost money on sending stuff before because my quote was off, by it was MY QUOTE that was off, I didn't charge the buyer anymore.

--
    Blog Entries
    I've had it take an entire business day before I could get tracking info before.

--
    Ive gone 2 full days with no tracking number. Infact the item showed up at my door step about 3 hours after the tracking number came online.

I also ordered some stuff a week ago. It was shipped out Last Friday. Well according to UPS.com my package is still sitting in California since Saturday, so their tracking system has really started sucking as of late.

--
    My tracking number for some parts I bought never registered in the UPS system, I got the parts and it still didnt register. I wouldnt sweat it too much.
    1986 310R
    1975 F150 4x4
    1975 F250 4x4
    1968 F100 2wd
    2001 Dodge 1500 4x4

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Our UPS here don't take too long at all, but I use a shipper that does everything online. Going via my shipper here it takes anywhere from 3 - 12 hours and it's in the system.

IMO,If they quoted the shipping then they should eat the higher cost ( if there is any ). Once the tracking number gets in the system you can find out about what the cost actually was. Just get the package info and then do the cost calculator for it.
    Howdy

--
    The tracking number is generated when the shipping label is made. This does not mean the item has been shipped. The tracking number does not enter the UPS tracking system until it is scanned by the UPS driver at pickup. Until this time, it will show as being invalid. Once the bar code is scanned, it should show in the tracking system within an hour or so.

--
    I don't know about the whole invalid thing. But I do know that it usually takes 12-24 hours for information to show up for me. It said "Out For Delivery" about 14 hours AFTER I got the package. And on top of that, it took TWO WEEKS! for them to get me my PRM Grabbar.
    '85 250SX - My first ever trike and my pride and joy
    **Check Out The Whole SX Project Here!!**
    '85 350X - 10:1 Piston, performance cam, '86 engline/carb
    '85 Powervalved Tri-Z - Fully modded - Soon to have a Corey Sprock 310 kit
    '85 250R - Began the modification process. This bike is going to scream! -295cc kit, Ported, Drag intake, 40mil Keihin, VForce reeds, shaved head, PT High Rev pipe, Fat Boy 2 Silencer, +4 Durablue axle, +2 swinger-

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    The tracking number is generated when the shipping label is made. This does not mean the item has been shipped. The tracking number does not enter the UPS tracking system until it is scanned by the UPS driver at pickup. Until this time, it will show as being invalid. Once the bar code is scanned, it should show in the tracking system within an hour or so.

Tim, so in your opinon the package hasn't left anywheres within the past few hours?

edit: Its atleast now showing that billing information has been received, maybe by the morning I'll know if its actually on the way or not.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    Tim, so in your opinon the package hasn't left anywheres within the past few hours?

edit: Its atleast now showing that billing information has been received, maybe by the morning I'll know if its actually on the way or not.
    Correct. The "billing information received" means the sender has completed his end of day report which sends the days pickup information to UPS. When the driver picks it up and scans the barcode, it will show as being "in transit".

--
    There is a difference between " Invalid Pin " and " No Scans for this Pin " . ( For purolator courier.. Ups surely words it differently )

Electronically generated pins are almost always " Valid " ... and depending on the courrier and his scanner.. some companies have " Real Time " scanners.. as soon as it's scanned... you can track the information. Ups should have realtime. FedEX does, so does Purolator.

I think he should have to pay the shipping increase imo.
    Currently :

82 ATC - 200, plain jane, almost mint. ( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    84 ATC - 200 ES, Jimmy-Rigged, don't ask.( Sold, 03-17-2005)
    85 ATC - 250 SX, Pride and Joy, Bottom-Less Money Pit.
    84 125 M - The Mini-SX not running yet. but won't be long.
    --

The more people i meet.. the more i like my DOG !

--
    I know that's how it's supposed to work but I've had similar experiences as CHAINSAW.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--

Yup. I just applied for a job in the warehouse 3 days ago. Got the tour and everything (....but the job)
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //