//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ATC500R question

--
    Kasey,
    I'd love to see photo's insted of talk, close ups, of the motor / frame and how you managed to get the motor in.

--
    Kasey,
    Show some close up photo's of the frame/motor. Then everyone would waste the time talking about it and wondering how you got it to fit.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I had to split a few posts off from this thread...Lets try to keep things civilized and prevent it from getting out of control. Thanks

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KASEY
    NO FRAME cutting was done,,, the original cradle is still intact,,,
    I could have sworn you told me you had to cut a lower cross member out of the frame. Now I'm even more impressed.

Mind if I post a pic? I've got a good closeup of it from Cinders. Can't see the bottom but you can see the custom motor mounts in the front at least.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    i'll post some tomorrow i'll have to pull the tank , gettin ready to go to glamis so i will be workin on it tommorrow,,

--
    Buy the 85 cr500 engine. It was the highest HP engine that Honda produced. Any thing else after that was just detuned. Balace and bluprint the engine if your concerned about vibration. After I did my 486 engine I noticed less vibration. Also port the intake a little. that wil help also. If I was into a ATC500 the 85 engine is the WAY TO GO.

--
    [QUOTE=KASEY]THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE OR TWO REPLYS TO THIS THREAD,,,,, if all the hearsay would just go away!!!!!!!

i have a 86 cr500 in a 86 atc 250r frame ,,, NO FRAME cutting was done,,, the original cradle is still intact

I think you forgot how you built your own bike. Been awhile since you had the motor out huh?

Quote Kaseys Thread on 3wheeler.org : "ok here is a frame that is ready to install a cr 500 motor. the two little cross members by the footpegs are removed, there is a dimple in the framebehind the bottom motor mount that is needed to clear the clutch cover. the lower motor mount is also dimpled and moved . the part between the fotpeg mounts is also dimpled to clear the shifter!!! the motor was in and out thirty times before these points made it to there final position,,,, not an easy task"

PICTURE: Kaseys frame from his 500 project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 500r frame.jpg  
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna be doing the CR500 into a 250R frame swap sometime soon...gonna make a bad ass flat tracker. I'm guessing that by the removal of those bottom cross members, height is the issue. Would it be possible to instead remove the top headstay cross member and make it bolt up somewheres else? I'd rather take that out then the bottom ones myself.

--
    Good luck getting traction with that engine in a flat-tracker. Jason was having a hell of a time with his 310. If you do get traction it will be SICK
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    ok you got me,,,,i meant the main frame .. he was talking about cutting the whole bottom off and graphing another frame to it..... i did not do it that way ,,, the entire engine cradle is still intact,,,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 Turbo Coupe
    Buy the 85 cr500 engine. It was the highest HP engine that Honda produced. Any thing else after that was just detuned. Balace and bluprint the engine if your concerned about vibration. After I did my 486 engine I noticed less vibration. Also port the intake a little. that wil help also. If I was into a ATC500 the 85 engine is the WAY TO GO.
    Highest Stock HP yes, but it was a 1 year motor with a diffrent trans and a ***** to find parts for so i thought, there is tons of room on a 500 to open up the intake and exaust, last cylinder we had on the SMR 500 the exaust and intake where both widend over 4mm (cant remember exact specs) and raised and increased the duration a but load,,,,complete diffrent transfer ports and what not...it went like a raped ape till it started crackin pistons on race gas....which we found the cause to be from "other" problems...not the porting..lol
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Adams
    Good luck getting traction with that engine in a flat-tracker. Jason was having a hell of a time with his 310. If you do get traction it will be SICK

I got some ideas We'll see in a couple months.

--
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 310 AND A 500 IS TORQUE... the 500 will be able to run way lower rpm's and have a better chance to not spin the tires , and with a broader power band it should actually be easier to flat track ,,,,,,,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    I got some ideas We'll see in a couple months.
    Billy what ever became of your XR500 trike? I would think that motor would be sweet in a flattrack R. There is a XR500 powered 250R golfcart on ebay now.
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--
    Blog Entries
    Its in the barn, I kind of quit on it. Honestly I'm alot more interested in pinger power now a days.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //