//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: onestopatv on ebay: check this guy out!

--
    I got a full set of OEM recently and its sitting in storage sealed. probably for an incredibly long time too.

Honestly i just hope the aftermarket keeps supporting us. If maier drops the trike stuff we're really sol. Well hafta organize and pay out the ass to get any plastic if that happens.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    I agree with you Derrick,the part's are becoming so rare anymore that the price of a NOS part anymore is all whomever wants it, will pay! When I want quality stuff ,I have to pay for it!
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Supply and demand,and a fool and there money.Am i fool for paying $70 for a front fender for my 1985 200X.I am very happy with my purchase.These prices are getting out of control.I don't like what he is doing.I have been whatching his store on ebay for awhile.

davham is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Wonder what ole' onestop will pay for that mint 350X? I myself will call service honda monday and if there's plastic left, I'm getting 2 complete sets for my R and they will rot in my basement.
    Remember a couple of weeks ago a set of oem grips with end caps, collars and screws went for $100? Look at 'em poppin up now, for $19 you can get it all from service honda. I sent the winner a link to a page of what it really cost, prolly teed him off but I bet he thinks twice now.
    Folks, dont be fooled into thinking somethings discontinued by reading ebay adds, search before you bid. Stop feeding these idiots. Bikebandit is a great place to look, it will tell you whats discontinued. CAL-ATV has light switches for $77. Service honda WAS selling them for $49. Onestop- $150 (price leader my butt).
    '85-1/2 Mint Tri-Z now scattered across the U.S.
    '86 250R frame off with as many new parst as possible
    '85 250R daily driver
    '85 250R needs an engine-got one?

--
    whatever, all you guys complain about this "discontinued" crap. well, most of the hondaline stuff is corny anyways and isnt really part of atc history, its just some random accessories nobody bought back in the day, so there is some leftover. also, of course the NOS discontinued stuff is expensive, its rare! any vehicle that was stopped from production by the government 20 years ago is going to be hard to find parts for, and since three wheelers have a following and are becoming more popular to restore, as said above, supply and demand. if you want to restore a trike, bust out your wallet. if you cant afford what its becoming to cost to restore, restore a quad. if you dont do your research and get off your ass and call around, yeah, you can end up paying 3 times what the stuff is worth on ebay. i have found everything i needed NOS at normal cost from the dealer, given it wasnt very rare or hard to find, i didnt go directly to ebay. if you cant find your handlebar switch at your dealer, call around the country to a few dealers, chances are there will be one dealer with the switch. i found a short track tank at a dealer in tennessey, but when i called a few days later it was gone, but the point is i found it after a few calls. quit complaining about how much NOS stuff is on ebay, if the demand isnt there, he will lower his price, gauranteed. give me a break guys, duh.
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

--
    The days of things being gone,not available etc are over.....If you have a sample part like say a rear fender for a 250r any copy company in China will recreate it and produce it as good as the original but the catch is you have to order numbers.Im really suprised Maier still maufacture there product in the US.

Food for thought.

Aussie
    Last edited by Aussieduner; 11-26-2005 at 05:23 AM.
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hrc85250r
    whatever, all you guys complain about this "discontinued" crap. well, most of the hondaline stuff is corny anyways and isnt really part of atc history, its just some random accessories nobody bought back in the day, so there is some leftover. also, of course the NOS discontinued stuff is expensive, its rare! any vehicle that was stopped from production by the government 20 years ago is going to be hard to find parts for, and since three wheelers have a following and are becoming more popular to restore, as said above, supply and demand. if you want to restore a trike, bust out your wallet. if you cant afford what its becoming to cost to restore, restore a quad. if you dont do your research and get off your ass and call around, yeah, you can end up paying 3 times what the stuff is worth on ebay. i have found everything i needed NOS at normal cost from the dealer, given it wasnt very rare or hard to find, i didnt go directly to ebay. if you cant find your handlebar switch at your dealer, call around the country to a few dealers, chances are there will be one dealer with the switch. i found a short track tank at a dealer in tennessey, but when i called a few days later it was gone, but the point is i found it after a few calls. quit complaining about how much NOS stuff is on ebay, if the demand isnt there, he will lower his price, gauranteed. give me a break guys, duh.
    I'm not complaining about how much NOS stuff is on ebay....And yes if the demand isnt there the price lowers...Prices are cyclical also depending on whos in the game for what at any given time

I agree with just about everything you said....and I've done a tremendous amount of calling around for stuff and have found some cool stuff....But

My experiences go something like this
    Call # 1 to a Kawi dealer "Do you have parts for a Tecate Three Wheeler"
    Response: "Uhh Ducati made a three wheeler"

Call# 2 "Do you have part # ??"
    Response: "No way man that stuff is obsolete try ebay"

Call # 3 "Do you have part # ??"
    Response: No we've only been in business 10 years, we wouldnt have any of that stuff.

Call # 4 After being on hold 8 minutes. Do you have part#??
    Response: "Honda says Discontinued"
    I think::: NO S@*T

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Several days later on the phone

FAST Forward to call # 50

You hang up the phone and say wish I would have bought that part a while back and 150.00 doesnt look to bad if you cant find them anywhere else..Time is Money...(Switch is a bad example because they are not that rare) I'm talking about the "REAL rare parts"

Oh and those days of finding something at a dealer in the states are winding down very soon . I make calls but a certain person (Not me ...I swear... not to hard to figure out who ) has employees hitting the phones all day long buying the remaining parts to corner the 3 wheeler market so there there will be only ONESTOP

So once again I say "Its OK to buy smart"...... but if you want a part or think you will be redoing a certain machine in the future -----"BUY now or forever hold your peace"
    Bill
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    I imagine this could mean we will start to see the beginning of more nice 3 wheelers being parted out.
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    i am totally with you on all of your points orangecnty, but as far as "someone" cornering the 3 wheeler market i disagree. i am willing to bet onestop is just another one of us guys, quite a bit more greedy, but nonetheless, into three wheelers, and he came across a buttload of NOS stuff he knows was worth some money and are hard to get and he bought them. big deal. to everyone that thinks onestop is a dick, buy your stuff from someone else. end of story.
    1985 Honda ATC250R drag trike with s/t kit and full drag CR hybrid motor and drag chassis...
    1986 Honda ATC250R daily rider fully modded engine, +4 swinger,etc...
    1997 Polaris Storm 800 triple, boyesen reeds, dg individual silencers, 240 studs, 123mph on radar...

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    OneStopATV has been buying Honda accessories books / brochure for a while now ( he has out bid me on some in the past ). I am not sure how he is getting the part numbers for the items in them, but I am sure he is ( some how ). If someone else could figure this out and check on all the part numbers then they would have a chance at getting any cool stuff Honda might still have. The 83 Honda Accessories book on Ebay now is a good example. He is bidding on it.
    Howdy

--

Wink

How valuable would that Honda Oem partfinder be on your PC? Seems to me its worth it!
    Current Rides:

All Red's!

hoser is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Positive Feedback: 100%

--
    If their is a part you need and they say it is discontinued ORDER it just because the online dealers like service honda says it discontinued dont mean its discontinued, same with your local dealers when they say its discontinued tell them "just order me one" it dont cost them or you anything for them to place the order, back in 1999 Honda said the Pilot front left fender was discontinued so I used my web page and message board to tell all my users to go order a front left fender, we as a group nation wide placed orders for front left fenders, sure enough 6 months later we had front left fenders Honda got enough orders so they started making them again, here is the old link on my web page about this http://12.215.122.222/leftfender.htm this also happen to the Honda Pilot transmission final shaft but it took 8 months before the "discontinued" part made its way to my door step, I bought two I have no idea how many other final shafts were ordered I know the count on the front left fenders was over 75

Keep in mind the Honda Pilot was a low production unit they only sold about 4500 89 and 90 Pilots in the USA not sure on sales outside the USA but I know there were less than 4500
    Last edited by hoser; 11-27-2005 at 03:56 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoser
    If their is a part you need and they say it is discontinued ORDER it just because the online dealers like service honda says it discontinued dont mean its discontinued, same with your local dealers when they say its discontinued tell them "just order me one" it dont cost them or you anything for them to place the order, back in 1999 Honda said the Pilot front left fender was discontinued so I used my web page and message board to tell all my users to go order a front left fender, we as a group nation wide placed orders for front left fenders, sure enough 6 months later we had front left fenders Honda got enough orders so they started making them again, here is the old link on my web page about this http://12.215.122.222/leftfender.htm this also happen to the Honda Pilot transmission final shaft but it took 8 months before the "discontinued" part made its way to my door step, I bought two I have no idea how many other final shafts were ordered I know the count on the front left fenders was over 75

Keep in mind the Honda Pilot was a low production unit they only sold about 4500 89 and 90 Pilots in the USA not sure on sales outside the USA but I know there were less than 4500
    Hey Hoser
    long time no talk but like you said i found stacks of parts that have been discontinued by just putting the order through..(you have to find a honda dealer that will do it) about 30% of the time the part will come back...so discontinued does'nt always mean it gone.....
    as for onestop....... the price of parts are as much as someone is willing to pay for them...i know i paid well over the odds on many rare parts over the years...but that guy is a butt hole..he emailed me not to bid on a item because he said 'i will win this item' ...he won't be doing this for long if he keep talking a hit on the parts he buy from ebay........ he lost $700 on that NOS 350x tank...hehehehe
    oh by the way honda only made 4500 pilots in total.........

--
    The Honda Pilot didi not sell well because of its size and the price, the day you could walk into the dealer and buy a Pilot you could buy a Pilot or for the same price (usually less) buy two new TRX250R's ,, people always want a Pilot now but that group is small if you think of the numbers Honda wants to deal with, one guy that works for Honda told me when the first week the 400EX hit the dealers they sold more 400EX's that week than they sold 89 and 90 Pilots in 4 years.

I have seen a lot of Pilots and Odysseys sell because of their size, lack of places to ride them, trailer space to transport them and the room they consume in the garage when not in use.

You guys have a list of discontinued trike parts you want to buy lets all go to our local dealers and order them see if Honda will make more, I will go order a rear fender and cylinder for a 83 ATC250R,,, anybody else????

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //