//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible 87 250R found..(UPDATED) 7.31.06

--
    Blog Entries
    My money is on 86. Blue boots, red headlight, 86 seat. Looks like someone just put white plastics on it and a different decal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350x'inNY
    I'm still skeptical.... lot's of white paint on it..... (swinger, exhaust, front fork W/ decals there) The decal looks like a CR250R decal doesn't it???

Bruce
    Hey Bruce
    nope i checked and the cr250r (all years) don't look like that....all i can say is the decals are real 87R or look real...... and if they were painted fenders you would see some red somewhere as it's not in showroom condition,so on rub marks would show through...

--
    Looks like a nice machine no matter what year it is, the pic isnt quite clear enough to make a good guess, I looked at the shrouds on the one pictured and compared them to the red Maier ones on my 250R and the lines Look to be a little cleaner but its really hard to say 100%. Like I said, nice looking machine regardless of its year.
    -Will
    1985 Honda ATC 350X
    2003 Yamaha Banshee
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell happend.

--
    I would say it is just a mock up. He has gone with a white theme, as can be seen on the lower fork tubes and the exaust heat sheild.

Matt
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

Dusty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    well it would deff. be nice if it was a 87 but the rear plastics dont have the decal R on each side....if i was to guess ide say its a 85/6 with the 87 shrounds and decals

--
    VIN................

I think if Santa is real there is a chance for an 87. It just doesn't make sence to me that Honda would have any of them in other places but not here in thier biggest market. Honda bailed on the 87 and went to sport quads.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    He was real....so the 87 must be real.lol
    Looks like a wanabe to me.

--
    I hate to upset anyone, but I've seen this go on for at least the 7 years or so now after I stumbled upon 3WW and I don't believe there are ANY 1987's 250R's or 350X's. Look how many new members we have and how many people have found this board in the past few years including some people that were actually involved in the industry. Someone found a seat which could have been a reproduction but where are all the other parts?????? By now EBAY has posted just about any rare ATC item available and we just haven't seen any 1987 parts or a whole machine with a good VIN # anywhere. We have members in other countries and even they have not seen anything. It's great to dream and hope but the 87 250R and 350X do not seem to exist....anymore.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown 331
    About the 87 R's. Now if Honda had to destroy any 86's they have left why would they still produce an 87?

they actually cut up alot of 85 atc 250r's also. Burgards cycles in Spring Grove PA got a lot of complete rear ends from a guy in Louisana. he got about 100 of them and at least 150 rear ebnds from 86atc 250s. he got a lot of 85 and 86 350x ones also.

they were at a scrap yard just heeped up in a big pile. he bought them for $150 each. there was alot of plastic also.
    JASON LISKEY

1985 atc 250r ---- finsh line axle,.fmf exhaust and rictor privateer silencer, prm grab bar.
    2008 KTM 525xc quad ----- HMF exhaust, HRE chromoly stem,
    86 trx 250r --- with after market chromoly frame and everything else done to it
    01 400ex --- with 86 trx 250r motor
    87 250x + 93 300ex both 350x powered
    2 = 86 atc 350x's
    86 atc 250r
    83 atc 185s --- from retired guy not ridden since 87
    Bandito framed 110 with 85 motor and yellow us90 fenders + tank

--
    Something,somewhere, someday will be found...They were built... test ridden... and photographed for the brochure (That wasnt a photoshop mock up!!!)....It took how many years to find the Titanic. We are a society of instant gratification and skeptics....do you know how many people who have no idea how to use a computer are left out there who may be holding a part. Mark my words.... even if its only a single authentic part like a shroud, rear fender, or decal... something will turn up.
    Last edited by Orangecnty250r; 12-19-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    There was a guy a few months back that was selling duplicate 87 350X tank wings he made up to match that brouchure. I don't know.... you go look at it and tell us Pete!

Bruce
    '85 ATC350X - "Showgirl" '86 OEM plastics/Fork boots, Rear Axle/Rotor/Hubs, Hondaline Fender stabalizer/extender, Speedo/Tach, Tank cover.
    '86 ATC350X - 'Go-Go Girl'
    '82 ATC250R - 'California Girl' - Progressive springs F and R, Hondaline HL Guard, Fairing and Speedometer.
    '82 ATC250R -'Snow Bunny' Ice Racer, Very Clean, Hondaline Fairing, custom FT tire, will put in the 300R motor
    '70 US90 'Ol'Girl" - Aquarius Blue... all original seat and tires. Resto project in the future
    '85 ATC250ES-'Workin' Girl' CMP Footguard, Hondaline Mudflaps, Speedo, HL Lens, Block Heater, Work Light, Foot Peg Covers and Cooler Rack
    '85 ATC70 - All Original

'84 Yamaha 225DX - Durablue +3" axle, DR motor, New Plastics, Foot, Hand and HL Guards.
    '85 Yamahauler - Gun Rack & 'Nerf Bars'
    '85 Yamahauler - Nearly together and restored
    '83 Suzuki ALT125 - Pieces
    '89 Suzuki LT-4WD - Token Golf Cart

--
    Whether or not Honda ever produced an '87 ATC250R, I don't know, but I really doubt it. As Dirtcrasher said, all these years have gone by and none have ever turned up here or any of our other favorite websites. With regards to this debate, I do know one thing for certain, based on that '87 brochure, that was gonna be one ugly three-wheeler!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

wolfspider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

87 r

go check it out dude, buy it if possible!!! if it is an 87 250r the reason for the mismatched parts would probably come down to availability, pete checked for 87r parts and nearly all were discontinued so you put on what you can get, right!!
    i hope this turns out good.

HONDA ATC250ESJ 1988
    HONDA 250R `85 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 350X `86 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 250ES `87 SOLD
    YAMAHA YZ100 `80 project
    HONDA ATC350X `85 PROJECT FINISHED

eh_tee_see is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I thought i'd bring up one thing that ive had bottled up for a long time but never had the heart to let it out. That brochure is not accurate. How could you trust a brochure which shows the 87 250sx headlight as being red when it was white? (though the one in the brochure is the large type like the 86 and 7 had) And what are those reflectors doing on every surface of the bike? Every 87 big red and 250sx ive seen never had any of those plastered about them. Also, the 350x for both years it ran had looks exactly similar to the 200x. For example: same decals, same color fenders, frames, headlights, swingarms, seat cover printings-everything. The 87 200x had a red swingarm and awesome looking tank decals and there was no decal on the seat, and the 350x in the pictures had a silver swinger and doofy looking decals and the old 86 graphics on the seat. I don't beleive that is what honda would choose to do for its father and son bikes. Sorry to dissapoint, but that ad simply can not be trusted. Furthermore, here is what I beleive the 87 350x actually looked like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 87350x.jpg  
    The below sentence is TRUE.
    The above sentence is FALSE

wolfspider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    reflectors were standard atc issue on canadian, british and australian hondas and still are on honda atvs.

HONDA ATC250ESJ 1988
    HONDA 250R `85 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 350X `86 restored SOLD
    HONDA ATC 250ES `87 SOLD
    YAMAHA YZ100 `80 project
    HONDA ATC350X `85 PROJECT FINISHED

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //