//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hondaline ATC Cover WTF

holmstrom is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    They're probably just a piece a plastic and some string, but i bid for 2. Still leaves 33. Should have got 4, if theyre really thin could just double them. I keep mine in the garage so i guess they'll be fine.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    i got my 3!!
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    Yeah I wasn't sure if I was gonna get the 2 I bidded on, glad I did though...can't go wrong for $3 each!
    1985 Yamaha 225DRN w/OEM headlight guard, footboards, front rack, rear rack, work light, brush guards and trailer hitch

xd 200x is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    got mine yea.

--
    Well I may have 9-12 trikes at one time, not all of them warrant a cover hahaha. So I opted for 3 and figured that would take care of the ones I care about....but they are in the garage anyway.....so they are already covered from the elements.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

RichinMO is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok, I don't understand that auction. I bid on some for 2.99 and everybody who won one got there's for 2.99. Did you guys bid more than 2.99 or what? I thought if the price went higher than 2.99, it would show up in the bid history?
    1985 ATC250ES
    1985 ATC250SX
    1984 ATC200S "Little Red" - Trailer hitch, Hondaline: Front and Rear Racks, Cooler Rack, Tripmeter, HL Grille, Rubber Footpeg Covers, Mudflaps.
    1985 ATC70
    2008 CRF230L - Dual Sport
    2016 TRX500 Foreman Rubicon Deluxe

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by RichinMO
    Ok, I don't understand that auction. I bid on some for 2.99 and everybody who won one got there's for 2.99. Did you guys bid more than 2.99 or what? I thought if the price went higher than 2.99, it would show up in the bid history?
    The auction winners are decided by The Highest bid in case there was a multiple equal bids then they go by the first user to bid.
    Example:
    Lets say there was only 10 items for this 7 day auction.
    Jack bid $2.99 for 3 items right after the auction started.
    Jane bid $2.99 for 4 items 2 days into the auction
    Bill bids $3.09 for 2 items with only 24 hours left on the auction
    Terry bids $3.99 for 6 items with only 30 minutes to go

Then the auction ends.

Who wins what? and for what price?
    Terry would win 6 items @ $2.99 each.
    Bill would win 2 items @ $2.99 each.
    Jack would win 2 item @ $2.99 each.
    Total 10 items

How do they figure the Winning bidders?
    Terry bid the highest ( His max bid amount is kept hidden ) so he gets his first. Bill had the 2nd highest Bid so he gets his 2 next. Now Jack and Jane bid the same amount so they use the date / time the bid was placed. Being as Jack bid before Jane so Jack would win the other 2. He wouldn't win all 3 that he wanted but he did win 2. NOTE: Per Ebay rules Jack doesn't have to buy the 2 he won. Why not? Because he didn't win the whole amount that he bid on. Had he only bid on 2 then he would be required to purchase them.

This is sated at the bottom of the winning Bidders list:
    The last bidder on this list may not receive total quantity bid for, and reserves the right to refuse purchase of anything less than full quantity. Seller may then skip to next bidder, if any.
    Now if Jack refuses to only take 2 items then Jane would get a chance at the 2 that were left. But she wouldn't be required to buy them either ( because she bid on 4 ).

Now for the End Selling price:
    Terry had a winning bid of $3.99
    Bill had a winning bid of $3.09
    Jack had a winning bid of $2.99

Being as it is / was a Dutch auction the lowest winning bid is the price that all the winning bidders pay. Being as Jack had the lowest winning bid of $2.99 that is what all the winning bidders pay.

Yea, it can be confusing at first, but it isn't too bad once you learn the way Dutch auctions work.

Hope this helps you understand it.
    Howdy
    Last edited by Howdy; 01-21-2006 at 01:31 PM.

RichinMO is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Got it, thanks!
    1985 ATC250ES
    1985 ATC250SX
    1984 ATC200S "Little Red" - Trailer hitch, Hondaline: Front and Rear Racks, Cooler Rack, Tripmeter, HL Grille, Rubber Footpeg Covers, Mudflaps.
    1985 ATC70
    2008 CRF230L - Dual Sport
    2016 TRX500 Foreman Rubicon Deluxe

--
    ok mine came today and they dont look like the one in thepicture they are marked but smell like complete butt

--
    i havent got mine yet.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by holmstrom
    i havent got mine yet.
    Me either. hmmm
    Howdy

--
    waiting on my 10 here as well will cover the tigers i hope
    Trikes currently owned
    E.T. trike 150H.P. and climbing Pure DRAG beast
    85 250r project

--
    I ordered a few to, got an email confirming shipment so should show up shortly. Whos going to be the first to post a pic with it installed?

--
    dont have a bike here maybe a pic this weekend

--
    Mail came, no covers. I havent even got an email saying they were shipped.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //