//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-moto 175 Oil line Q...

--
    holmstrom----

The two small black fittings are the bowl vents------!!!!!!!!!
    The oil injector is the single brass fitting directly into the throat----If you push oil into the vents while they are expelling air--the oil wont mix --you will starve the motor--eventhough it no longer matters cuz your pump is inop---Just think for a minute---What stops the gas mixing with oil--instaed of oil mixing with gas--It sounds the same --but has very different results
    Buy American! Unless your only option is a HARLEY.

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

--
    OK so i need to or dont need to plug the black 90 degree fitting on the carb?
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    They must remain unrestricted--or else your bowl wont fill to capacity and if you TILT the bike--the fuel sloshes and uncovers the jet----Basically like a plugged fuel cap---the reason they put hoses on them and stuff them in the frame is so they are away from the dust and flying debris environment your carb is subjected too

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

holmstrom is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclediezel
    holmstrom----

The two small black fittings are the bowl vents------!!!!!!!!!
    The oil injector is the single brass fitting directly into the throat----If you push oil into the vents while they are expelling air--the oil wont mix --you will starve the motor--eventhough it no longer matters cuz your pump is inop---Just think for a minute---What stops the gas mixing with oil--instaed of oil mixing with gas--It sounds the same --but has very different results
    I guess i misunderstood what you said ealier. when i asked if they were for the oil injection and you replied " Exactly...correct." But i have had mine blocked off. I should leave them open? The oil injection is the one on the side on the base?
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    yes---The two black fittings stay open --
    You must cap the brass fitting on the side to prevent an air leak

--

Question Tri-moto 175 Oil line Q... Part 2 --- More Help?

I know this is a really old thread, but the rules say to post in an all-ready made thread, not a new one. So...

I was just wondering if anyone could go a little bit more in depth with what to do in order to run premix. I have attached pictures of my own, and have a couple questions.
    1. Where are the 2 small black fittings on my carb?

2. What exactly is the small box type thing that the fuel goes through after the fuel tap, and why do 2 lines come from that? (The regular fuel line, then a black one which looks like it goes right into the piston)

3. I've read this thread many times, but can someone PLEASE tell me everything that needs to be disconnected, plugged, etc?

Thanks a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tri moto oil 001.jpg   tri moto oil 002.jpg   tri moto oil 004.jpg   tri moto oil 005.jpg   tri moto oil 006.jpg   tri moto oil 007.jpg  

--
    Wow blast from the past, been so long, i cant remember, Trace the 2 lines off the oil pump, plug em up where they go to, pretty much.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpallic View Post
    I know this is a really old thread, but the rules say to post in an all-ready made thread, not a new one. So...

I was just wondering if anyone could go a little bit more in depth with what to do in order to run premix. I have attached pictures of my own, and have a couple questions.

2. What exactly is the small box type thing that the fuel goes through after the fuel tap, and why do 2 lines come from that? (The regular fuel line, then a black one which looks like it goes right into the piston)

3. I've read this thread many times, but can someone PLEASE tell me everything that needs to be disconnected, plugged, etc?

Thanks a lot
    I'm not sure about the 2 black fittings but the "box" thing is the fuel pump and the black hose supplies the suction / pressure to operate the pump. The other line is the fuel line to the carb.
    A whole bunch of trikes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by My trike Sucks View Post
    Wow blast from the past, been so long, i cant remember, Trace the 2 lines off the oil pump, plug em up where they go to, pretty much.
    Is that ALL I have to do? Cause I really don't want to mess anything up.

And thanks freewheel3 about the fuel pump.

--
    the yellow hose is your crankcase breather hose, do not block that off. the two black lines are the oil lines. cut em off, silicone them or plug them somehow, plug the oil feed line to the carb, and mix your gas, alot better then them junk oiljection setups.!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate - kx cylinder, kx ignition, bassani headpipe, answer silencer, v-force reeds, 38mm airstyker carb, +2 franks swinger, raptor rear shock.

1996 YSF240 Blaster - maxxed out!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SH-T, what a ride!"

--
    Ok great thanks. But the yellow line is just the fuel line, not the breather hose. The breather hose is black on mine, and as discribed earlier, it starts under the jug fin.

--
    Where does the oil even go into the carb on mine???

--
    Is there even a line that goes to the carb, cause I don't see one???

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpallic View Post

Thanks a lot

I'm bumping this old ass thread.

I cant find a straight answer on what lines to plug up.

from my understanding the 2 black fittings on either side of the carb are breathers.(leave open)

The nipple on the throat of the carb is for oil injection (Block off)

The ones I'm not sure about are:

1. The hose coming out right beside the reed cage on the cylinder head (I think that's oil injection so I blocked it off)

2. There are 2 hoses coming out of the bottom end of the engine right close together on the left side (I think they are for the oil pump so I blocked them both off)

3. Finally there is (or was, I accidentally broke off the nipple today) a line coming off of a little triangle plastic cover right beside the clutch cover. (since I broke the nipple off I just plugged it with a screw) Hopefully I don't need it and can leave it plugged up.

Can anyone help? There are pictures a couple posts above to see what I am talking about. Thanks.
    Last edited by Yamaha Tri-Moto; 05-02-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    1984 Honda 250R
    1985 ATC 250SX
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1983 Honda 250R
    1986 Honda 350X
    1983 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175
    1983 Honda Big Red 200

1981 Honda ATC 110

--

Cool

Hi there I have a Yamaha trip moto 125 frame with a 175 smacked in it. Does anybody know how to rehook the oil pump system up?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //