//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-moto 175 Oil line Q...

--

Tri-moto 175 Oil line Q...

Hey,
    The three lines in the pic, im assuming are for the oil injection? at least the 2 right behind the cylinder, and what about the yellow one? it come's from a fitting behind the crancase fill.....I need to know so i can block them off (oil injector craped out)

Thanks

Last edited by MTS; 01-25-2006 at 12:19 AM.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    yes, I would like to know the exact same thing hope someone can help us.
    1984 Honda 250R
    1985 ATC 250SX
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1983 Honda 250R
    1986 Honda 350X
    1983 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175
    1983 Honda Big Red 200

1981 Honda ATC 110

holmstrom is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    the 2 black ones are the to the oil pump itself. Cant tell where the yellow one goes in the pic. Theres a vent about 2 inches to the left of those black lines under the jug fin that shouldnt be blocked. I know what youre talking about now. The little tank on the back of that case with the black cover. Thats an overflow tank. Dont need to block that off.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    Did the oil pump crap out--???---Or---

That cable shouldnt be kinked like that--the yellow hose just gets stuffed up in your frame tubing where it sleeps Fat dumb and happy---It has to stay unrestricted -----the other port at the end goes to your bowl vent
    Buy American! Unless your only option is a HARLEY.

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

--
    i beleive the yellow hose is the crank breather hose

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclediezel
    Did the oil pump crap out--???---Or---

That cable shouldnt be kinked like that--the yellow hose just gets stuffed up in your frame tubing where it sleeps Fat dumb and happy---It has to stay unrestricted -----the other port at the end goes to your bowl vent
    Wich one go's to the bowl vent? and i kinked that cable i think...haha but from the looks fo the motor it looks like the pump died, im not takin any chanc's ill just pre-mix it
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    there is a small triangle box at the bottom of the right side case---with two ports on it ---one goes up into the frame tubing---the other goes to the bowl vent on the carb-----(The little black 90 degree plastic fitting)

A customer walked in to my shop and Impatiently stated "My car doesnt start, Whats the problem?"I responded with a smile-"Yep that sounds like your problem alright"----

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yt175
    i beleive the yellow hose is the crank breather hose
    The breather hose is connected to the fitting just under the jug fin.
    Last edited by holmstrom; 01-26-2006 at 11:18 AM.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    there is a small triangle box at the bottom of the right side case---with two ports on it ---one goes up into the frame tubing---the other goes to the bowl vent on the carb-----(The little black 90 degree plastic fitting)
    There are little black 90 degree plastic fittings on both sides of the carb, Arent those for the oil injection? YT125/175 models have an overflow chamber attached to the lower right side of the engine.
    Last edited by holmstrom; 01-26-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    Exactly-----correct!

The oil injection goes on the side of the carb--Direct port into the throat--It doesnt get mixed in the bowl

--
    Josh- If you can take a new pic and just move down a bit so the bottom edge shows the vent box---I'll draw litle arrows and such---its tuff to explain----without being able to see the whole pic

--
    Did you get the crap cleaned out of your carb yet? That thing should be running by now!

--
    heres 3 pics of an old bottom end. you can see the crank vent now above the oil pump hoses. The black end is off but at the bottom left of the case is the overflow chamber.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture.jpg   Picture 031.jpg   Picture 0333.JPG  
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

--
    Allright,....Now the oil line injection is on the throat of the carb, bass fitting,,,,i gota plug that,
    Also that Vent under the jug holstorm, that hose go anywhere perticular or dose it matter?
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    the 2 black fittings on the carb are the oil injection. The vent i just ran a hose out the back. I also when i changed my crank seal, took the gear and shaft off inside the case so its doesnt spin my pump anymore.
    2 125 yamaha tri motos
    1 yt175
    1991 blaster

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //