//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Crazy inverted tricks on a ATCR250R!

--
    Thanks RubberSalt. We're just about caught up to the present now. The first 2 pics were taken in mid-January 2013 right after polishing, and the last 2, about a week after that. More to come as I get them & the forks mounted up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polished Clamps1.JPG   Polished Clamps2.JPG   Clamps & Stem1.JPG   Clamps & Stem2.JPG  
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

fire1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Awesome job as always !

--
    those are rediculous! They look awsome, hope they make it handle how you dreamed!! Too bad you couldnt have 20 of those made!! but then they wouldnt be as cool to have on your bike!!

--
    Thanks fire1 & aldo.

More spy photos: Triple clamps are installed with new 30wt. ball bearings & quaker state racing grease. The forks are temporarily installed while I reproduce some custom parts for Mr. Sandman's bike. I still need to rebuild the forks, but that will have to wait for the next set of days off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 109_0961.JPG   109_0962.JPG  

--
    Many sets of days off have come & gone, and I haven't felt like rebuilding these forks because it's such a nasty, messy job. In the meantime, I've been working on other less dirty (which equals more fun in my book) items, like the graphics for the fork guards, modifying the fork's top caps to accept some new, trick, fork bleeders, and the 350X headlight shroud v2.0. Since most of the fun stuff is almost complete, I finally decided to tackle the forks last night. Both fork legs have now been rebuilt with new bushings, seals, o-rings, dust wipers, and 10 wt. oil.

She's all back together now, and sitting on 3 wheels again. I just need to finish up the headlight shroud now, then re-install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fork Guard.JPG   Fork Bleeders.JPG   Fork Guard1.JPG   Shroud.JPG  

--
    WOW! You had a great conventional machinist (no CNC); his work looks fantastic and I can't imagine how many hours it took him!

LOOKING GREAT!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    WOW! You had a great conventional machinist (no CNC); his work looks fantastic and I can't imagine how many hours it took him!
    I don't know how many hours he has invested in these, & the other set he made at the same time, but he chipped away at them, in his spare time, for over 3 years. Thanks for the compliments. I'll be sure to pass them on to the master machinist.

--
    ive wondered if you could just chop up the stock triples (like you did) but i didnt know if they would be as strong or not, either way they look AMAZING and who ever the machinist has got some skill for sure. think he may wanna do another set??????

i just read page 4.

do you think the rake/trail could be figured out? (like on the stock/choped set) how do you check rake and trail?
    Last edited by chuk85; 03-27-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: read whole thread

--
    Quote Originally Posted by chuk85 View Post
    ive wondered if you could just chop up the stock triples (like you did) but i didnt know if they would be as strong or not, either way they look AMAZING and who ever the machinist has got some skill for sure. think he may wanna do another set??????

i just read page 4.

do you think the rake/trail could be figured out? (like on the stock/choped set) how do you check rake and trail?
    Chuk, thanks for the compliments. Even though I didn't like the way my bike handled with the cut & welded, stock, triple clamps, I rode it that way for several years, and the triple clamps showed no signs of cracking or fatigue anywhere. When I was designing the new clamps, along with input from the board members that I mentioned earlier, I referenced these 2 websites: http://www.performanceoiltechnology...._and_trail.htm
    http://www.wellsphere.com/biking-art...history/236726

--
    ohhhhh now i get it, seems kinda like caster in a car on how the steering speed/handling is effected. thanx a bunch! this will help alot when i try and get a set made

--
    Jason Hall, on the boards here, makes an entire kit to do add inverted forks to your R. Try contacting him when you're ready.

--
    last i checked they said there sold out in the store, does he make them to order?

--
    I don't know. You can try sending him a PM. I know he's usually pretty busy, so it might take a while to get a response, but it's your best bet.

--
    Theres actually another guy on here planning to start making these (Cant say who since its a secret ;P ) but they should be coming out sooner or later.
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    oh really?????????? well if you run into this guy tell him i would love a set. i want to use cr forks choped down and maybe do a 10inch front wheel to

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //