//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Crazy inverted tricks on a ATCR250R!

--
    Wow, I knew it had been a long time since I seriously messed with this headlight shroud, but over 6 months? Geez! Been a bit hot here in Vegas over the summer months, toss in some more important priorities, add in some general laziness, and that adds up to 6 months. Anyway, I've been chipping away at the shroud the last couple of weekends, and along the way I taught myself how to do some aviation-inspired, flush-mount riveting to get this thing finished up. Now I just need to get some red paint on it, and mount it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 350X Headlight Shroud v2.0.JPG  
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    I'm amazed at that first set of triples you made.. They look factory. The machinist for the 2nd triples did an amazing job as well! How do you polish so dang good!!!! haha

Keep up the good work!
    1986 250r - Fully rebuilt from the ground up!
    - http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ATC-250r-Build
    1985 Tri Z - Next project!
    1982 250r - Sold
    1983 Auto X - Sold
    1984 Auto X - Sold
    1985 200M - Sold
    1985 YTM 125 - Sold
    1985 185 - Sold
    1984 185 - Sold

1/21/2013 - RIP Grandpa Rosa, great man, will be missed.. Love you

Check out my feedback:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-CodyRosa

--
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyRosa View Post
    I'm amazed at that first set of triples you made.. They look factory. The machinist for the 2nd triples did an amazing job as well! How do you polish so dang good!!!! haha

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Cody. I polished the first (welded) set of triple clamps myself, and started to polish the machined sets myself as well. After a few hours of sanding on them, I bailed out & took them to a local polisher. That was $90 well spent, for both sets, in my book.

--
    I finally got the headlight shroud back from the powdercoaters today. After a little time in the garage re-assembling it, and mounting it up on the forks, then designing & installing a number plate background for it, it's finally complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shroud3v2.0.JPG   Shroud4v2.0.JPG  

--
    I completely forgot to post the first ride report results, until I was PM'ed by another forum member. Well, the results are in:

I finally got to take if for a ride to the dunes over New Year's, and test out the new steering geometry. The new triple clamps solved my steering woes, and she turns & carves up the dunes with finesse once again! It took way too long, but it was worth the wait, and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

--
    Damn that headlight is slick! Nice work all around, I love inverts on trikes!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //