//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 200E Engine performance?

--

Honda 200E Engine performance?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if a 300ex or 400ex cylinder, head, camshaft etc.. will fit on a 200E block. If so what kind of modifications would be needed and how well will the modification work. I want to get more power out of my '82 200e but don't want to buy a sport quad or trike because I like the carrying capacity of a work wheeler.

thanks everyone
    1983 Honda ATC200E Big Red (Converted to Quad) "SPARKY"
    1982 Honda ATC200E Big Red (Parts Machine)
    Cheetah Mini Bike 4.0hp Honda (52 km/h)

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Those mods would not work, all you could do is a high comp. piston (12:1), a cobra pipe, re-jet the carb, and gearing.
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaatc185S200E
    Those mods would not work, all you could do is a high comp. piston (12:1), a cobra pipe, re-jet the carb, and gearing.
    What he said, thers also 10:1 Wiseco Pistons that do not require Race gas to run, Also i belive www.webcamshafts.com Makes a High Grind cam for it, also theres clamp on filtres, port the head, Bigger carb, pipe, really depends how much you wana spend, i can say from experiance a 200e with a 12:1 piston on race gas will smoke the tires in third gear from a dead stop....and Pulls Like a Runway freightrain.....
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

burnoutboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hey Mate,
    I have done a biit of research on this as I am modifying my Atc200.
    An XR200 top end will bolt right up,no mods required!!Apparently this is a worth while mod.

djm0242 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    What other mods are neccessary to bolt on an XR200 top end? I have looked at pics and they look almost identical in the early versions. Does anyone know technical specs to back this up? I too am looking for easy power upgrades for my 185S which is nearly identical to a 200S. My top end went out so now is the time to make her bigger and badder!

--
    no mods required.the xr200 complete topend(jug,head,cam,carb,etc) is a direct bolt on.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    Holy Old thread batman! I think this thread could've stayed right where it was. lol

Shorty
    "Your 4 wheeler must be fast because you were haulin' ass....UNTIL I passed you on 3 wheels"

RIDE RED......OR RIDE HOME

TRIKES ARE NOT DANGEROUS......IDIOTS ARE!

RIP

NOS_350X is the most bad-ass person in the world

--
    yeah but at least he was doing a little research.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    I recently purchased a underpowered 1983 200e. I’ve read that an xr200 top end will bolt up with no mods. Is this year specific or will any xr200 top end work. I’ve found some on researching (ebay) and a few locally. I appreciate any advice or input.

--
    I'm not sure on the years here. I think that the older, single carb engine is basically the same as the 200E engine. If it is, then I think that those engine parts should work.

--
    You bought the wrong trike if wanting power.

An XR200 camshaft and carb is all you'll get extra performance from the XR parts, don't need a donor head and cylinder. Doing that is gonna move the power curve higher and kinda ruin what the 200E is good for anyway.

A fresh rebuild with a higher compression piston would be the most bang for the buck. Then if you want more acceleration or more top speed a final gearing change will do that. You only get one or the other, but with a dual range transmission it's not such a hard loss to take if it's just a play trike and you'll never pull a trailer with it and higher gearing.

If you decide to throw a bunch of money and time at it anyway, please share your progress and results.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //