//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATC cover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    well it's not a 3$ cover, right now it's a 40$ cover, dude started it low. more power to ya Pat. sell sell sell, hell maybe ill put one of my covers on ebay, lol

Nothing wrong with him selling his cover for more than he paid for it , is there?? everyone would like to be in his shoes raking in the money.
    Me for one.
    You missed the point Howard.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

Howard is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    wasn't making a point at your statement. pretty much the guy saying someone is an idiot for buying the cover for 40$ when the other person only paid 3$ for it.

I don't think i missed any points,

1985 250ES ATC
    1985 200X ATC
    1984 250R ATC
    1983 LT-50
    1991 LT-80
    1996 YFB-250
    >->->->Hgoody77@yahoo.com

--
    wasn't making a point at your statement. pretty much the guy saying someone is an idiot for buying the cover for 40$ when the other person only paid 3$ for it.

I don't think i missed any points,
    The point is maybe it wouldnt be 40.00 with time left if the description was clear it was an aftermarket cover. I NEVER have any issue with pricing EVER...hell i'm one of the ones that spends to much on this stuff and MANY buyers have liked me bidding on their stuff
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--

Thumbs down

Ok. Im going to have to say something. Kinda along the lines with Howards thoughts and some others. I have been quite about this, but oh well. As many of you know Pat and I are pretty tight. I have watched him sell ATC stuff on Ebay and get stupid money for it. I finally figured out his secret. He puts Hondaline in the title. It gets a bidders attention, and they find your item easier with their word searches. Plan and simple. So what if he paid $4 for it, and its at $40 or $100. If someone wants it that bad, more power to them. The cover is a vintage 80s cover. Just not OEM Honda stuff. But a Vintage 80s cover. There is a Original Hondline cover on there right now. It was bought for $35 or less from the dealer NEW. Its was at $380 last time I looked and will likely go higher. It's all in what people want to pay. No where in his description does it say that it's a hondaline cover. Nor does he show a pic of a hondaline sack. It is what it is. People pay stupid money for stuff on Ebay all day long. Especially tike stuff. Please guys get off your soap box. Im sure that all of us have sold items and made an absolute killing on it before. Especially on Ebay.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

1999 Larson 226 SEI 5.0L EFIVolvo I/O LOVE IT

xd 200x is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    point was they same cover is on there for 5 bux only diffrence is its not labeled hondaline and the people bidding on it are idiots for not looking. the guy selling it is actually smart im about to list all of mine.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xd 200x
    point was they same cover is on there for 5 bux only diffrence is its not labeled hondaline and the people bidding on it are idiots for not looking. the guy selling it is actually smart im about to list all of mine.

More power to ya. So your an idiot for bidding $40 on a $4 cover. So you would also have to say that your an IDIOT for paying $380+ for a $35 cover. Just a BIGGER IDIOT I guess. Like I said that other putz doesnt know how to list his covers. I can guarentee you that if he listed them right he would get some nice money for them. More than $5. I find steals on things all the time that are titled improperly. Hell I got an $80 skid plate for my 2005 King Quad the other day for $15. Selling techniques my friend. Selling techniques.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    I guess the point im trying to make is this. Everyone and their mother does searches for items with the word HONDALINE in them. Why? Because that usually means nice goodies. So, if your selling something, and want the most page hits. Put Hondaline in the title. You know the old saying. Advertise, advertise, advertise....
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    I see it as a missleading auction but thats just my 2 cents.
    1985 YAMAHA TRI-Z 250 sold

2006 YFZ 450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayW
    I guess the point im trying to make is this. Everyone and their mother does searches for items with the word HONDALINE in them. Why? Because that usually means nice goodies. So, if your selling something, and want the most page hits. Put Hondaline in the title. You know the old saying. Advertise, advertise, advertise....
    Don't you mean false adertise.. false advertise.. false advertise. It don't matter much to me either way but I agree with twanger. Why put a namebrand in a title when it is a cheap knock off.

I got good money for a refurbished exhaust a while back. But I used a subtitle that said as good as NOS or hondaline... I fineline between words i suppose.

--
    This is not personal... and I am not attatcking PAt but now responding to other peoples reply to this thread..Bottom line the description says hondaline and it is NOT. Just because it doesnt "show a hondaline package" doesnt make that fact go away.

Once again I like the fact that people make money on this stuff. I have No problem with that

Hey Clay you say "No where in his description does it say its a hondaline cover" ......Well if it says it in the title as a "KEY" word dont you think it should say its not....come on now...... bad argument there. "Selling techniques" more like used car salesman techniques...the less information the better I guess.

I dont think it was intentional but I look at enough things to think this ad is slghtly misleading for someone who does not know better. I just think saying in the description aftermarket or "not an actual hondaline" product would have been the right thing to do...Nothing anyone says no matter who they are will change my mind...

so with that I respectfully agree to disagree with you

--
    Regarless, I have seen everyone and their brother put words in their title that have nothing to do with the item. I just dont see what the big deal is. I sold a set of floorboards and a set of fork extensions on ebay. I put Hondaline in the auction title. They were not hondaline. So what should I do. Put the off the wall companys name that made them in the title. Im sure folks would find them that way. I know that I wouldn't have. But thats just me.

However, I dont think your personally slamming him. Just being a little too critical.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

250SX is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    it's called keyword spamming and it's against ebay rules. Personally, I don't care as long as it's somewhat related...unlike those asses who put "tecate, 350x,tri-z" in the 250r listing. I do think it should say somewhere in the ad itself that it isn't hondaline so some newbie doesn't get the shaft.

--
    well it's not a 3$ cover, right now it's a 40$ cover, dude started it low. more power to ya Pat. sell sell sell, hell maybe ill put one of my covers on ebay, lol

Nothing wrong with him selling his cover for more than he paid for it , is there?? everyone would like to be in his shoes raking in the money.
    Me for one.
    Exactamundo my friend, like I stated in a previous post, if it were an actual Hondaline cover, then I think I may have been inclined to at least throw some sort of $ reserve on it...kinda like this auction I had a few months ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW
    1985 Yamaha 225DRN w/OEM headlight guard, footboards, front rack, rear rack, work light, brush guards and trailer hitch

--
    Well, I'm happy to have provided some good quality entertainment for you all this evening LOL. Look guys, bottom line, ebay is ebay...people will buy anything and everything depending on how an item is listed for sale. I know for a fact that many people on this board had bought some of those 3 wheeler body covers a while back from that guy in Texas, who is also the same guy selling them on ebay right now for what is it, $5 a piece? I really could care less what he is selling them for to be honest with you, he had around 100 of them at one point for sale, which in his mind prob. meant he wanted to unload them for a quick $500. His selling/advertising technique isn't the greatest I've seen as far as enabling maximum exposure of the covers in search results on ebay. I actually picked up a few of these covers from him before and GAVE AWAY one of them to my buddy for free for his bike...so it doesn't seem that these covers are that valuable. If someone wants to bid up the price on the cover I have for sale because it's the only one that they were able to find on ebay for a 3 wheeler, then that just proves right there that my listing technique has targeted a larger audience than the guy in Texas who sells them for $5 each. For all of you out there who have nothing better to do than chomp at the bit on this auction, you should consider taking notes on my selling techniques....I haven't seen anyone else show a picture of the cover on the bike-showing how it looks and fits, and what you are getting with the cover. I even stated what bike it was on to give a valid representation of it's size and shape..It's kinda like Clay said, if I were to put the name brand of the manufacturer in the title instead of Hondaline, I'd be shooting myself in the foot. If my putting the word Hondaline in the title of an auction for a 3 wheeler accessory rubs you the wrong way, I really don't know what to tell you other than at the end of the auction when it's all over, the $ money will be in my bank account ...to each his own.
    1985 Yamaha 225DRN w/OEM headlight guard, footboards, front rack, rear rack, work light, brush guards and trailer hitch

--
    Hmmmm I love a good debate but I always have to respond to defend the real principle.

1. No issue with keyword spamming...Ive done it and remember I thought Whyzee was brilliant for putting hummer and jeep in his auction. I dont think ebay should have such a strict policy.

2. Put hondaline in the title!! who cares, I dont as long as it is accurately described SOMEWHERE... plenty of room in the description for that. After hearing you guys chat here seems to me like excuses are being made for "convienently" leaving the all the info out....walking the line between not lying but not being totally honest either.

3. No problem with profits...I love them, Ive made some good ones and I like to see other people make them. Heck I made over 175 on the resale of mine.

4. Bidding high $$$ ......people bid crazy all the time....if some poeple like to call them idiots fine.....but even idiots like to be fully informed idiots.

5. I would have put a reserve if it was Hondaline????? Does a person just getting into the hobbie know that....NO...another poor excuse

6. "Take note of my selling techniques"...."money in my bank account"...its that attitude that gives me the motivation to make another response here, form an opinion your ethics, and see the real motive here. At first I thought it was an honest oversight ....now I see the real deal and it saddens me.

Enjoy the sale of the hondaline vintage accessory for three wheelers from back in the day.....

yes you hit the nail on the head....to each there own.

I am retiring from even reading this thread.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //