//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Drag racing classes for TF07?

--
    Yeah, I dont know if I made my self clear.... I am building 2 bikes, one open classer and one general classer....which will be built following the rules....

LOL, I took that picture in a changing room in Jc Pennys..... Here I am at the drag races while Rob is drag racing behind me, I was kinda his cheerleader......since you are soo interested in seeing me in a dress.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coreytrikefest.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	39919  

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Just adding my $0.02 here. The drags were best when we spent most of the evening doing grudge matches. But I do believe we can do some structured classes as well. Just as everything else evolved over the years the drags will evolve as well. We need to take Baby steps and make changes as they are needed.

Trophies: Sure most everyone that runs would like to have a Tropy. But It's not financially possible. One thing I am personally working on is getting a Drag Tree system that will allow us to print out time slips and much more. I'm doing this on my own out of MY own pocket. I'm not rich by no means, so to raise the needed funds I am selling some of my personal machines to buy it. I have a tight time line to get stuff sold, so I can get it ordered in time for TF. It's not going to be easy, but nothing worth having ever is. More info will be coming as things come together.

OS, I have a question here. If we run the drags as you stated in your reply ( here is a quote ):
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolin86
    Okay Tim, you and I are BOTH too thick headed for good debate (as we've learned in the past) but just for arguments sake what's so hard about this? Lets say you have single eliminations for the 2 lower classes and double eliminations for the open class. Assume a number like 16 riders per class. If it took 5 minutes per run that would be 1 hour and 15 minutes each. I can't think of a viable reason it would take 5 minutes a run but if it did that would be 2.5 hours for the first 2 classes. Start the event around 4 and you now have 2.5 hours for the first 2 classes and 2.5 hours for the open class. With good organization this should be a very reachable goal with time to spare.

If you can't see how that 3rd class will help people enjoy themselves then I don't know what to tell you. The extra classes sure seem to help people enjoy themselves in the MX races.
    If we start the drags at 4PM and run aprox 5 hours of classes ( as you estimated in your reply ) then when will there be time for any grudge matches? 4PM plus 5 hours = 9PM. Around 9 or 9:30 it starts getting dark. This would basically eliminate most if not all chances of running gudge matches. Grudge matches brings out the most riders. A lot of those who run them are just happy to be participating. I think it safe to say there would be lot more riders in the grudge matches than in classes even if we had 5 classes. More classes = less grudge matches.

The questions I haven't seen anyone ask in this thread is these:
    1) Would you like more classes and less grudge matches?
    Or
    2) Would you like more grudge matches and less Classes?

Howdy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy
    Trophies: Sure most everyone that runs would like to have a Trophy.
    Howdy
    i'll have a Cooler FULL of Trophies on Stand By "while i'm Grading" !!
    "07" DR650 Suzuki Dual Sport

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamahondaman
    i'll have a Cooler FULL of Trophies on Stand By "while i'm Grading" !!

Howdy

--
    The questions I haven't seen anyone ask in this thread is these:
    1) Would you like more classes and less grudge matches?
    Or
    2) Would you like more grudge matches and less Classes?

Howdy
    As we've seen in the past people can grudge match all weekend. Besides, if you have a scheduled event like drags people will get together on their own to work that out before and after the event.

--
    Why cant we just have some fun? lol

I personally say, Grudge match the most of the night
    Then the top dogs who think they can win 1-3rd place all go together, draw names and race each other. 1-3rd spots.

That way most people still get out there, people who put LOTS into there trikes have a fair chance at going.
    I dont care if i dont win a trophy or not, well maybe thats just me. Is this all about trophys now adays?
    TimSr said in 04 we had the most participation, no classes just giver! Why cant we bring it back? But wait, trophies......
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    before i cut this into a tri-zilla and put a 250r front on it, can i race it and not get any sh!t from it?? it does have a plus 12 on the back, and would be the only zuk 500 trike out there, in fact i dont think anyone has even cut one of these into a trike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0820.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	39936  
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 ORANGE SHEE
    before i cut this into a tri-zilla and put a 250r front on it, can i race it and not get any sh!t from it?? it does have a plus 12 on the back, and would be the only zuk 500 trike out there, in fact i dont think anyone has even cut one of these into a trike
    Nate - You MUST DO THIS PROJECT!!!

If you build it, they will come (and race you). A Zuk 500CC pinger would be MAD!!! and extremely unique!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    As we've seen in the past people can grudge match all weekend. Besides, if you have a scheduled event like drags people will get together on their own to work that out before and after the event.
    I don't understand what the Drags will gain by eliminating grudge matches during the scheduled drags. By adding more and more classes I can see we are just catering the drags to a select few riders just for the possibility of a trophy.
    I still believe we should cater more to the average user who wants to go out there and drag just for the fun of it. Grudge matches do bring out the riders and machines. It don't matter if your 5 years old or 85 years old you have and should have the ability to run at the drags. Remember it's a family event.

Kintore, I agree 100%.
    Howdy

--
    I think I know where I'll be hanging out for the drags...somewhere else.

TF05 was a blast. I must have dragged 50 times that night on my stocker. Did I win anything...you bet...a head full of memories, bunch of pics and good BSing later on.

We're not doing brackets. If you're fast, prove it. If you're slow, pick another comparable slow guy to race in the grudge races and have fun.

I've been to "organized drags" around here with classes out the arse. Snowmobiles, quads, trikes, 4x4s...takes all day long and guys run 2 or 3 times.

I'm not driving 7 hours to waste it watching a bunch of guys that used to gather to have a good time nitpick at each other about classes and trivial crap.

I'll be hanging out and eating some ribs on the hill.

Just my thoughts...whether they're wanted or not.

--

Dude what ever.............

Quote Originally Posted by 350Xhilaration
    I think I know where I'll be hanging out for the drags...somewhere else.

TF05 was a blast. I must have dragged 50 times that night on my stocker. Did I win anything...you bet...a head full of memories, bunch of pics and good BSing later on.

We're not doing brackets. If you're fast, prove it. If you're slow, pick another comparable slow guy to race in the grudge races and have fun.

I've been to "organized drags" around here with classes out the arse. Snowmobiles, quads, trikes, 4x4s...takes all day long and guys run 2 or 3 times.

I'm not driving 7 hours to waste it watching a bunch of guys that used to gather to have a good time nitpick at each other about classes and trivial crap.

I'll be hanging out and eating some ribs on the hill.

Just my thoughts...whether they're wanted or not.

You just dont want to get beat by Dawn on her 200x. Ooosnap!!!
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250
    2011 KAW SXR800- 35YR EDITION
    05 HERITAGE/SPRINGER/SOFTTAIL

--
    I don't understand what the Drags will gain by eliminating grudge matches during the scheduled drags. By adding more and more classes I can see we are just catering the drags to a select few riders just for the possibility of a trophy.
    I still believe we should cater more to the average user who wants to go out there and drag just for the fun of it. Grudge matches do bring out the riders and machines. It don't matter if your 5 years old or 85 years old you have and should have the ability to run at the drags. Remember it's a family event.

Kintore, I agree 100%.
    Howdy
    You can't eliminate grudge matches, those will happen whether it's on some schedule or not. Not sure why we need to act like it wouldn't happen if we didn't make a specific time for it.

Also what's up with you guys bringing up trophies time after time? The only guy to bring up the need for trophies offered to pony up money to pay for them too. Hanging on this trophy topic makes me think you guys are totally missing the point. Although I must admit, it is kind of funny how hard the planning is geared to get a ton of trophies for one event and for the other it's some kind of taboo. There is some serious inconsistency going on here.

Josh, your plan sounds sweet and all but it's not exactly realistic. There's far more then 3 guys who think they're the top dog.

--
    I will do anything I can do to help out w/ this event. In all the years at TF I have never taken a "RUN" down the strip w/ my trikes. They have been run but not by me. I like to watch the trikes go, I get enjoyment by seeing T3s, Rs, Zs and Xs (and customes) line up and run. This "what class" vs "what mods" is getting me down on the event.
    TF is about getting together and having fun w/ friends that like trikes. Lets not forget about that.

12oz class winner
    MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MIK6
    TF is about getting together and having fun w/ friends that like trikes. Lets not forget about that.

12oz class winner
    MIK6 / Mike
    Exactly Mike!

I just don't see why this event has to be catered to guys that dump a ton of money and/or wrench time into their machines. What's so bad about having a simple single elim bracket for average joe? I've heard people complain about it the last 2 years, it shouldn't be a secrete that people would enjoy the extra class.

I say if we still aren't going to have something for average joe, why even bother with 2 classes? Might as well just keep it one.

--
    You can't eliminate grudge matches, those will happen whether it's on some schedule or not. Not sure why we need to act like it wouldn't happen if we didn't make a specific time for it.

Also what's up with you guys bringing up trophies time after time? The only guy to bring up the need for trophies offered to pony up money to pay for them too. Hanging on this trophy topic makes me think you guys are totally missing the point. Although I must admit, it is kind of funny how hard the planning is geared to get a ton of trophies for one event and for the other it's some kind of taboo. There is some serious inconsistency going on here.

Josh, your plan sounds sweet and all but it's not exactly realistic. There's far more then 3 guys who think they're the top dog.

Then why not top 5 or something?
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //