//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your trike service manuals here! Updated 9/13/07

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    Megaupload.com would be better, because theres no 60 minutes of waiting for your next download, and it's free, you can upload 250mb each time for free..
    The problem with megaupload is that an idle file is deleted after 21 days.

I looked at a bunch of different options and the one I used here was the best one I could come up with. Nothing worth a **** is free. That's just life. This is a very inexpensive option and if a handful of people would pitch in it would be very easy to keep it going indefinitely. I'm also looking into a pay-per-download setup but I'm not a big fan of that idea. I might have to go that route though. We'll see if anyone steps up to help out withought being forced to.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by team-red-rider
    bandwith exceeded i have to payper download now?!?!
    You could send him a couple of dollars to help pay for it.

--
    Blog Entries
    I just upped the bandwidth plan I'm on so it should be available again now.

Notice: If you don't plan to contribute or if you cannot contribute DO NOT download anything you don't actually need. Example, if you don't own a 350x, you don't need the manual for it. I've been watching the usage and I know there's a lot of unnecassary downloading going on. Be courteous and leave that download for somebody who needs a manual for a trike they actually own. If you want to grab everything that's in there just so you can have it, I don't mind at all. Just do the right thing and help out with a couple bucks first. Thanks.

--
    Doug...couln't you set up dyndns on an ftp server from home and port forward through your dsl/cable "router" and then change anytime your ip address changes?

I remember setting it up a while back and I could hit my PC from the "outside world" by ip address over port 8080. It's somewhat inconvenient...but it will work.

Here is an article that describes how to do what I am refering to...
    http://www.lifehacker.com/software/w...ver-124804.php

Anyone can do this. Google is a good thing...so are your eyes and brains...use them all and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish!!
    Last edited by 350Xhilaration; 08-14-2006 at 10:14 PM.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Xhilaration
    Doug...couln't you set up dyndns on an ftp server from home and port forward through your dsl/cable "router" and then change anytime your ip address changes?

I remember setting it up a while back and I could hit my PC from the "outside world" by ip address over port 8080. It's somewhat inconvenient...but it will work.
    Yeah but it's a pain in the ass and my internet connection has been messed up lately.

I just figured out how to make it a pay-per-download. I might just require a 50 cent payment for each download. That way it pays for itself, it's cheap as hell for anyone that needs one and it won't disappear for being idle or whatever.

--
    If I use more bandwidth than I paid for let me know. I will pay it back. I have to admit I am one of the people taking ever thing while it is up. Plus I had some problems with my computer last night so I had to download some more than once.

Is there a way to scan a 110 manual & make it PDF. If so I have one would be happy to do it.

Howard is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    , i down loaded the ones i needed and wanted, sent some money too. not sure how much that will cover tho. i also thin that pay per download is cool, 50 cents per manual. ha ha can't beat that with a stick.

THANKS A LOT !!
    Howard

1985 250ES ATC
    1985 200X ATC
    1984 250R ATC
    1983 LT-50
    1991 LT-80
    1996 YFB-250
    >->->->Hgoody77@yahoo.com

--
    Blog Entries
    You guys paid more than enough. Thanks. Download whatever you want. Let me know when you're done though because I might turn on the pay-per-download option. I think how that works is that any payment goes into my account balance which basically would just buy more bandwidth. That would be perfect. I think at 50 or 75 cents per it would sustain itself but I need to do a little math to make sure I don't set it too high or too low. I need to try it out and see how user friendly it is as well. If it's a complete pain in the arse to make a payment I'm not going to mess with it.

This is already the biggest collection of trike manuals on the net and it's only been up two days.

Howard is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    shoot im done. im always getting different trikes so i wanted many of those manuals. great deal ya got there. Maybe if you keep getting more than you need money wise buy a PDF CD from ebay for manuals you don't already have then add them to the list? i'd donate more for that too.
    need 250sx, some Kawasaki manuals and maybe some yamaha too. surely someone has some tri z pdf files they have bought from ebay or something to donate? just make a copy and send to to host.

Well worth it.
    Thanks

1985 250ES ATC
    1985 200X ATC
    1984 250R ATC
    1983 LT-50
    1991 LT-80
    1996 YFB-250
    >->->->Hgoody77@yahoo.com

--
    Blog Entries
    A Tri-Z manual is in the process of being uploaded right now.

This should work out really well. It's easy to share access so people can upload what they have, the servers are fast and the download prices will be super cheap. I might move some of the smaller files into a different directory and keep those 100% free and only charge a download fee for the full service manuals (they're typically 70 MB's each). A lot of this stuff is fairly small and won't have much effect on overall bandwidth usage so no reason to charge anything for those. I don't know. I'll figure something out that will benefit everybody.

--
    I will finish up tomorrow.

Just to let you know when you had it on the $.5 per manual the least you can send is $1 but I think you pay for 2 downloads at once.

Thanks again

--
    I beleive the tri-z manual is now uploaded
    83 250R
    91 CR125R

troy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    if you come across a yamaha tri moto 200ern shop manual before i do let me know...thanks man....

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willcamach
    I beleive the tri-z manual is now uploaded

I haven't had time to do it yet. I should be able to get everything you gave me uploaded tonight though.

--
    oops sorry about that (!) didnt mean to jump the gun.
    83 250R
    91 CR125R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //