//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What parts interchange between a 1983 Honda ATC 200 and the rest of the 200's

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatoneguy23 View Post
    How would I power accessories for my 83 200
    You don't, without converting the system to DC.

You also need to describe what accessories. The charging systems on those won't handle much.

To convert to DC: https://www.3wheelerworld.com/showth...ersion-for-LED

I don't think I've covered it in that thread, but system inefficiencies because of the conversion mean even less power is available than stock. Just what happens when converting AC to DC.

Depending on what accessories you'd like to use, it may just be better to use ones that have their own power source (battery).

There are plenty of rechargeable LED lights that can be handlebar mounted, put out a lot of light, and will work for hours before needing recharged.

Mounts are available for rechargeable speakers. Plenty to choose from for ATV and motorcycle use.

I use an older handheld GPS, which doesn't have a bunch of dumb stuff like apps running the background, which means it will run all day on a couple AA. I have a handlebar mount for it.

Then of course there's phone mounts. All kinds of useful functions are on modern phones and there's a lot of waterproof mounts/cases available. They'll run down a battery pretty quickly if using a bunch of apps. A solution is to mount a battery pack for it to keep it charged. All pretty easy to do and reliable.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    The 200x has a shorter neck can't swap to older atc185 or atc200 front ends. 9 in rims 150mm 8in 2 piece rims 130mm, 83 and up 200x 250r 8in rims 110mm.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //