//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Check out this sweet jump i made

--
    I think it just comes down to "When you argue with an idiot long enough, everyone watching starts to wonder which one is actually the idiot".

--
    Give the guy a break, thats just a little girls jump anyhow....He's working his way up to the "helmet required" jumps
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Two things

1. Wear a helmet
    2. I understand why you are not wearing a helmet.... cause you jump like a pansy!
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    OMG!! LOL!! can i get a DDAAAAYYYYYYYMMMMMNNNNN!!!

--
    I want to know more about the pre-mixing your gas & oil on a 200X- mine always kinda runs better on straight gas. Maybe you don't need rings after all ..............
    Baltimore---Charm City, or Harm City? Ask Pat.....

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Buttered Toast.
    -Mike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by the great gazoo
    I want to know more about the pre-mixing your gas & oil on a 200X- mine always kinda runs better on straight gas. Maybe you don't need rings after all ..............
    sarcasim and the other post about it being "premixed in iran" escaped you

its a small jump

McDerry is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by random-strike
    sarcasim and the other post about it being "premixed in iran" escaped you

its a small jump
    Actual we unmix it state side...

...but keep on dreaming in your own little world

--
    Blog Entries
    This is a funny thread.

I'm going to throw my two cents in on the helmet issue just on the outside chance it hits home with somebody reading this.

When I first started riding as a kid, I always wore a helmet. Then at about 16 or so I didn't think it was important anymore and stopped wearing them for a while (there's vids.. do a search, lol). Then I had a very minor accident that taught me a hard lesson and I have been wearing them again ever since.

It was raining. I was riding my R (no helmet). I wasn't out going fast or anything. Just cruising in the rain and mud with a friend of mine back in Ohio. I was going around a corner in second gear, low throttle. Been around that corner a hundred times. Everything was fine and then the next thing I know I open my eyes and everything is sideways. Apparently my rear wheel struck a tree root that the rain had uncovered and it flipped me over so fast that I could not react. My left hand still had a firm grip on the handlebars despite being buried a few inches into the sand. I hit my head so hard it knocked me out for a second and everything sounded funny for about a minute after my friend helped me up. It was just a stupid low speed wipeout but it gave me a concussion. Not a major injury but then I thought... that was just wet sand. If that had been a rock, pavement, hard packed dirt, a tree root or just about anything else, that stupid little low speed wipeout could have killed me. It would be damn embarassing to die in second gear so now I wear helmets again.

Accidents happen when you're not expecting them. That's why they're called accidents. If you don't think anything could have happened to you on that little jump, think again. The 200x axle has been known to snap right where the threads are. You're a big guy. Do you seriously think jumping 1 foot in the air in fourth gear and having half the rear axle snap off on the landing doesn't carry the potential for a rollover? Hell something as simple as a thrown chain could cause you to lose control. It's usually the stupid stuff that gets you. In addition to protecting your melon, helmets also block out wind noise so you can actually hear better with them on than without them. Goggles keep you from getting a bug in the eye at high speed. The list goes on.

Here's the big kicker though. Do you have any family that depends on you? Do you think it would be fair for a child to grow up without a father because that person didn't feel like putting a helmet on that day? Or how about a parent losing a son? Brother? Friends? Think about it. Wearing a helmet isn't necassarily about your freedom to choose. It's about your responsibility to those that care about or depend on you.

--
    This thread is absolutely hillarious.

My brother did a wheelie on my new Z tonight on the tarmac. It hit the power band in the air and did a back flip with him on it.

He would have been messed up REAL bad without a helmet. Instead he has a little road rash.

Talking from a family stand point, It would kill me to see my brother hurt bad, or die because of no helmet, or anything else that could happen on a bike. Thats why I starting riding a little more responsiblly, because I dont want to put my brother through some crap like having to pull my dead body out of the woods. You can not care all you want, but its selfesh to leave somebody else to clean up after your stupid move.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammit!
    This is a funny thread.

I'm going to throw my two cents in on the helmet issue just on the outside chance it hits home with somebody reading this.

When I first started riding as a kid, I always wore a helmet. Then at about 16 or so I didn't think it was important anymore and stopped wearing them for a while (there's vids.. do a search, lol). Then I had a very minor accident that taught me a hard lesson and I have been wearing them again ever since.

It was raining. I was riding my R (no helmet). I wasn't out going fast or anything. Just cruising in the rain and mud with a friend of mine back in Ohio. I was going around a corner in second gear, low throttle. Been around that corner a hundred times. Everything was fine and then the next thing I know I open my eyes and everything is sideways. Apparently my rear wheel struck a tree root that the rain had uncovered and it flipped me over so fast that I could not react. My left hand still had a firm grip on the handlebars despite being buried a few inches into the sand. I hit my head so hard it knocked me out for a second and everything sounded funny for about a minute after my friend helped me up. It was just a stupid low speed wipeout but it gave me a concussion. Not a major injury but then I thought... that was just wet sand. If that had been a rock, pavement, hard packed dirt, a tree root or just about anything else, that stupid little low speed wipeout could have killed me. It would be damn embarassing to die in second gear so now I wear helmets again.

Accidents happen when you're not expecting them. That's why they're called accidents. If you don't think anything could have happened to you on that little jump, think again. The 200x axle has been known to snap right where the threads are. You're a big guy. Do you seriously think jumping 1 foot in the air in fourth gear and having half the rear axle snap off on the landing doesn't carry the potential for a rollover? Hell something as simple as a thrown chain could cause you to lose control. It's usually the stupid stuff that gets you. In addition to protecting your melon, helmets also block out wind noise so you can actually hear better with them on than without them. Goggles keep you from getting a bug in the eye at high speed. The list goes on.

Here's the big kicker though. Do you have any family that depends on you? Do you think it would be fair for a child to grow up without a father because that person didn't feel like putting a helmet on that day? Or how about a parent losing a son? Brother? Friends? Think about it. Wearing a helmet isn't necassarily about your freedom to choose. It's about your responsibility to those that care about or depend on you.

He kinda looks like the dude from full metal jacket..What was his name? PYLE?? GOMER PYLE!! YEAH THATS THE ONE! His smile is what does it....FREAKY! Look at him smile in the vid where hes climbing the hill with the blue smoke! IM IN A WORLD OF SHI$! .762mm FULL METAL JACKET!!!!!
    1986 ATC 250R
    Ported w/ Cool head
    LED pipe and silencer.
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    Keihin PWK 38mm
    Works Ultra Cross Shock
    LSR +2 Axle
    American Star Racing +4 Swinger
    LED Intake
    Hi-Flite desert seat
    OEM clutch 89 upgrade
    2021 YFZ450Rse Rossier R5 Titanium Header AIS Delete FCI Vortex ECU

--
    1986 ATC 250R
    Ported w/ Cool head
    LED pipe and silencer.
    Boyesen Rad Valve
    Keihin PWK 38mm
    Works Ultra Cross Shock
    LSR +2 Axle
    American Star Racing +4 Swinger
    LED Intake
    Hi-Flite desert seat
    OEM clutch 89 upgrade
    2021 YFZ450Rse Rossier R5 Titanium Header AIS Delete FCI Vortex ECU

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox250R
    He kinda looks like the dude from full metal jacket..What was his name? PYLE?? GOMER PYLE!! YEAH THATS THE ONE! His smile is what does it....FREAKY! Look at him smile in the vid where hes climbing the hill with the blue smoke! IM IN A WORLD OF SHI$! .762mm FULL METAL JACKET!!!!!
    I AM IN A WORLD OF *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*!

7.62x51mm

some people have said i look like pyle when my head is shaved. lol
    Last edited by random-strike; 09-05-2006 at 06:50 AM.

Mike_Ham_250R is offline Even team-red-rider is cooler then me. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    What the hell is that a mini-14? HAHA.

I got...
    an AR-15 man w00t!
    -Mike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Ham_250R
    What the hell is that a mini-14? HAHA.

I got...
    an AR-15 man w00t!
    yeah its a mini14, it shares the same action design as the m14, but obviously a different caliber and physically smaller.

i wanted to buy a m14 but but i settled for a mini14 rancher ($550!!) but the m14 was $1,300+

still will get one sometime. its a shame ruger made the mini30 7.62x39mm instead of .308 (7.62x51mm)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //