//ArrowChat Code

Thread: big red blues . need help 85es 250

--

big red blues . need help 85es 250

hi i just went head first into 2 trikes.i have a 250sx i am tryig to get this 250es big red motor on it .both are 85's. ok like a fool i disconected the drive shaft from the case trying to remove the motor from the parts bike .
    i got the shaft back in teh case .. assemble???
    attempting to assemble the motor i find out the shifter is jammed wont move at all . anny simple solution besides crack teh cases open and let all the parts hit teh floor?then reassemble . wich i dont want to have to do..the shaft is in motor turns etc dont know what gear its in or gears ??
    here is the story dont get mad at my long story

a freind wanted to give me his 85 250sx . timing chain is stretched and jumped big time enough to make the exaust valve hit. this was for fixxing his computer . day after i fixxed it a freind showed up hey 2 trikes hit the bone yard . i pushed one off to teh side for you .. other one got dozed into the scrap pile.. the one in the scrap was a 85 big red.. stripped of almost everything but the motor motor was missing the side cover with starter and coils ..
    the otehr was a 85 200s missing carb, cdi coil , cdi box. pull start and plastics. had a tow rope on the handle bars. no compression , prolly got it too hot swelled the rings into the ringlands , as i added oil and it has gobs of compression .. this progect isnt as important as the 250 es .. i also have a 87 trx200sx {50$ didnt run when they pulled it. ran when i puleld at after i dumped the water out of exaust}) and if worse came to worse i could borrow that 200 .. . but i would like to get the trike running .. i have the cdi from a parts head /jug some one discarded {junk collecting payed off} also gonna use the cdi box from a 86 honda ch80 scooter or try to. if not i have the wireing codes from this site and i can swap ina suzuki lt parts bike's cdi..
    got to get around to getting the wheel bearings off my trx.
    neighbors hate my old two smoke it250 . prolly cause his 85 250r is belly up since he tried to tow a rideing tractor witha flat and an oversides load on the trailor fulll of rocks .. can we say it go boom? i wouldnt fix it at gunpoint ..

--
    why would you even try to tow anything with a 250r ?? as far as i know ther not for towing lol.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    This maual link should help out immensly.

http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFold...ammit\manuals\

Welcome to the boards.. Where in Pa are you from?

--
    hey i wasnt the stoopidz one towin with a 350r .. btw he changed the tube about 20 times that summer he was too good to change a tire .. never eaven looked at how much air he slapped in it with my compressor ...
    btw he was a certified track and wheel mechanic when he was in the army {track and wheel mechanic is another word for "glorified tire changer"} that 250r almost proves why de never got promoted to glorified oil changer..
    I am from the north east pa area of coal townz . btw ever visit paragon? .. unless its a jamboree dont waste the money you can get alot more land for free .. old coal mines area abundant ...
    btw thanxz i am on dialup no dsl here .. dont feel like paying 85 a month for broadband ... a freind who has will no doubt share ...
    thanxz for the help!
    too many bikes too little time. and you can only ride one at a time.
    87 trx200sx
    79 kaw kl250 {old faithful}exaust used to be a set of chevy headers and wire in my mig.
    78 it250 the a10warthawg always makes it home.
    82 it250
    71 dt250 aka trap of death . not stock ..
    75 ks125a project but runs!
    73 hodaka combat wombat missing the mount for the 50cal
    85 250 sx project
    85 200s project.
    too many parts bikes /projects to list and growing daily.
    gotta put the fance up to shut up the zoning idiots ...

--
    hey thanxz a million for the lynk ... it came in handy i had to take off the clutch side cover to get that last idler gear back on correctly
    i actually needed to intimidate it .. I put in milk crats and intimidated it then it stopped fussing and went back together ..
    i went lookin for a honda trike i swear i seen sittin in sombeodys back yard {musta been a dream} i did find a few blocks away a dirtbike that may need a new owner ... me .
    too many bikes too little time. and you can only ride one at a time.
    87 trx200sx
    79 kaw kl250 {old faithful}exaust used to be a set of chevy headers and wire in my mig.
    78 it250 the a10warthawg always makes it home.
    82 it250
    71 dt250 aka trap of death . not stock ..
    75 ks125a project but runs!
    73 hodaka combat wombat missing the mount for the 50cal
    85 250 sx project
    85 200s project.
    too many parts bikes /projects to list and growing daily.
    gotta put the fance up to shut up the zoning idiots ...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //