//ArrowChat Code

Thread: what tire to put on 10" 250r front rim

--

what tire to put on 10" 250r front rim

I'm gonna put on a 10" 250r front rim, what tire should I use, 21x7x10 holeshot, 20x7x10 klaw mx, grooved radial. These I what I have already, what tire do you guys use, I do mostly mx that can vary from hard pack, sand and loam. I will buy a tire no problem and how will the smaller tire affect suspenion and handling?

--
    If you have smaller rear tires I would get a 20''. The kenda klaws seem to be a great tires as I have seen on quads. The smaller narrower tire will make it handle better and it will be easier to turn. My 110s baloon tire didnt turn well in the slick trails, so I tried a 20x9x8 and it seems to do better. It was a front max? off a 200x and it seems to be pretty good on anything.

--
    I don't think anyone is really going to be able to give you a fair comparison on this, because I doubt anyone has ever ran different 10" tires. I can tell you this, as far as Brandon and I go, our 21" tires have shown no drawbacks at all on the track. He runs the straight Holeshot and I run the directional one. Both work real well.
    I remember Virgil saying that his 20" Kenda pushed real bad in corners. Jason Hall has a Front Max A/T on Brandons little 80R and it seems to work real well too.
    I guess I would just try to stay at the 21" height and pick which style tire you like best.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    I believe you can ask Willie (86waterpumper) as he has been running a 10" front rim for a couple years now. I believe he went with a duro front tire. It kinda matched his flat track racing tires.
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    so I guess one of the holeshots get taken off the rim.

--
    I got it all setup to go, grinded the hub down, 85 250r brakecket and 86 350x caliper, cleaned up the axle and spacers, now to remove the tire from another rim and get hub bearings.

--
    We'll want pics!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //