//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250r QUICK advice w/ motor FAST!!!!

--

250r QUICK advice w/ motor FAST!!!!

As most of you know I just rebuilt my motor. All new OEM seals and bearing. And I also installed a new Hinson clutch basket with some new fibers and steels.
    Went to drain the oil today and bam!!!!!! Its totally loaded with very fine aluminum. Everything runs sweet, shifts smooth, no noise!!!!!

This motor is one I got off of ebay and its suppose to be an 87. With that said I didnt do any modifications to the clutch gear as per Hinson because it says for 86 only.

My thoughts are that the gears and all are an 86 and I installed it without bevelling the gear. It must be rubbing the case. So I figured, hmmm. It must have already worn what it was going to wear. I flushed the motor 3 times and its still getting tons of fine aluminum in the oil.

Just wanted your opinions on what to do. I remember someone recently had the same issue. And they just flushed it and ran it. What do you guys think? Do you agree with me on my idea of where the aluminum is coming from?

Just for a note. I rebuild trannys for a living, I know for sure everything is in place, all washers/bearings/clips etc. Keep in mind, the thing shifts like its new. Just decided to drain oil because the motor was fresh. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Im debating on just running it. Or mabey just yanking the side cover and taking a look. But obviously im looking for the easy way out. But I guess ill do whatever it takes.

Thanks for your inputs
    Max
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250
    2011 KAW SXR800- 35YR EDITION
    05 HERITAGE/SPRINGER/SOFTTAIL

Pete is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    is it aluminum shavings or clutch material?

--

aluminum pete

very fine aluminum.
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250

--
    Just one thrust washer missing could do it, tear off the clutch cover and hope to find it there...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher
    Just one thrust washer missing could do it, tear off the clutch cover and hope to find it there...
    That is going to be my next step. Just got off the phone with Moshman. We are both thinking that because I didnt bevell the primary gear that it is probably hitting the clutch cover. I will get some pics and let you all know tomorrow. Thanks for the reply DC.
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //