//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE Paypal Ripped Me Off, Your Next!

--

Thumbs down BEWARE Paypal Ripped Me Off, Your Next!

This is a fair warning to everyone . We have all heard here in the last 6 months or so the BAD and UNREAL things PayPal has done to many boardmembers and other people. Well they just bent me over for $250. Fair warning. If you are a SELLER on Ebay, it is in you best intrest NOT to accept Paypal as a form of payment. I may have understated that. YOU WILL BE SCREWED! Let me explain what happened. Once I do, many of you should be able to see how big of a risk you are taking by accepting PayPal payments. Especially for larger ticket items. $75 and up.

Ok... 2 months ago I sold a Fisher ID Excell Metal detector. It was 2 years old, but like new. Had only been used a handfull of times. Was like new in every sense. Sells new for $500 new. I sold it for $250 on ebay. I paid that for it a year ago. So.. I felt that wasnt too bad. Anyway, I got the paypal payment right away from the buyer. The next day I shipped it out UPS Ground with $300 Insurance on it. No biggie. Well this is where the whole thing goes south. 2 weeks AFTER DELIVERY I get a email from the buyer saying that its broken and doesnt work right. She also stated that I ripped her off. So im like.... WTF? It worked fine when I shipped it out. So I tell her that very thing. I then informed her that It was too late for me to make a Damage claim with UPS. Its been 2 weeks since delivery. She Says she wants her money back. I say shes out of luck. There was no warranty or guarentee on the item, and it clearly said no returns. So... She files a claim with paypal. This is where PAYPAL steps in and starts to bend me over. The hit my account for $250. There is no money in the account, so its at negative $250. Im in shock. So from there... I HAD TO FILE A CLAIM TO GET THE MONEY BACK in my acccout to get my ballance back to ZERO. Called paypal. They said I would have to file a claim. They said that from there she, the buyer, would have to get proof in writing from a shop that the Item was damaged.

This royally pissed me off for this reason. Just because its damaged NOW, doesnt mean that it was when I shipped it out. How do I know that it wasnt damaged by her kid or she dropped it etc... Im not friggen WAL_MART Paypal says... sorry. Thats all she has to prove. Un freakin believable. I told them that she also waited to long to notify me of the problem, and that I cant even make a claim with UPS now. Again... SORRY... So I sat back and waited for the "investigation" to start and end. Its been 5 weeks now... I have called them numerous times, and logged into my account daily for updates etc... Didnt want to miss anything.

So Today.... I get a email from them finally. Here it is...

This claim has been reviewed and it has been determined that a full refund
    > of the PayPal transaction (including shipping and handling) should be
    > awarded to the buyer once the item, in its original condition, is returned
    > to you. The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs related
    > to
    > returning the item to you.
    >
    >
    >
    > The buyer has 10 calendar days to provide proof of shipment for the item
    > being returned. PayPal will issue a refund from your account once the we
    > can confirm that the item was shipped.
    >
    > Thank you for your cooperation.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Protection Services Department
    >
    >
    >

So.. I call them up. I tell them that this investigation proves nothing. They say sorry, but the BUYER HAD PURCHASED THE BUYER PROTECTION, AND THAT I WAS BASICALLY OUT OF LUCK BECAUSE OF THAT. Sorry for the all caps. So.. I say, so that protection TRUMPS everything??? And they said that it basically does. They never contacted me once, looked at the auction / pictures of the item ON and working, requested more info or anything. Just BAM.. PAY UP!

I told them that I have had well over 200 used items sold on ebay and NEVER had a problem. Not even one. This did not matter to them. Your feedback and account history apparently mean nothing. So my warning is this. If you use Paypal to accept payments for auction items, do so at your own risk. Personally I think you are out of your mind if you do. They ( paypal )are the JUDGE, JURY, & EXECUTIONER. If you accept paypal payments for your auctions, this can and will happen to you. I repeat, it will happen to you! Its just a matter of when. Just think if this was a New OEM Speedo Head, fenders, or whatever. If the buyer purchased the buyer protection, and it arrives screwed up, or as in my case broke after it arrived, ( thats my belief) your responsible for giving them a Full refund. Is that total and complete BS or what. Im convinced that she dropped the detector after she got it.

They said that they WOULD NOT debt my checking account, but if I didn't refund the money, it would go to collection. I cant even remove my checking account info or credit cared info until its resolved. So im over a barrel. Paypal can go to hell. I am going to wait as LONG as possible to do anything. Even then I may not do anything. I will have to think about it. Especially if it shows up to my house damaged. It will be after Christmas for sure.

Im telling you guys... Its just a matter of time. They will screw you! If I do ever get my account straightened out, I will ONLY use paypal to buy things. Never for accepting auction payments. Hell I may never use them again. Im pretty upset about this.

DO GET RIPPED OFF BY THEM.

You have been warned. AGAIN!!

ClayW
    Last edited by ClayW; 09-11-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

1999 Larson 226 SEI 5.0L EFIVolvo I/O LOVE IT

--
    i bet!!!---- 2 weeks ?,how much did she use it before deciding to say it was broke?
    sold as is-!!!----- she waited its her fault
    did she get the money and keep the product???
    thats bullshit!!! -now you have to file a claim ,and possibly get a lawer involved??
    that means more time ,and more money

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jason 32
    i bet!!!---- 2 weeks ?,how much did she use it before deciding to say it was broke?
    sold as is-!!!----- she waited its her fault
    did she get the money and keep the product???
    thats bullshit!!! -now you have to file a claim ,and possibly get a lawer involved??
    that means more time ,and more money
    Shes sending it back. So I asked paypal what if its busted and is not in the condition that it was in when I shipped it out? You know because above in their email it say something to the affect of when its recieved by me in its original condition. They said that I would then have to file an appeal. Then its another 10 days of reviewing. Its really scarry man. It appears that if the person buys the protection, and if it they arent happy with it, or it arrives busted, or they break it, your screwed. I asked them about why I never got a refund on a set of 350X footpegs that I paid for with paypal and the guy never shipped. 2 years now. They said that I didnt buy the protection. WTF?

The BUYER has all the protection with paypal.

The SELLER has none.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

Pete is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    thats why I always withdraw my funds as soon as I receive them. If they want to be lame like that, I'll just make a new paypal account.

--
    Trust me, I always withdraw the funds that are in there. Hince why the balance is Neg $250. Thats not a cure all. Now I cant use the account. At least until I put $250 in it thru transfers or selling items and accepting payments. I also know from other posts on here that they would be sharp enough to figure out that I opened another paypal account with the same checking account and credit card info. It will also not prevent it from going to a collection agency if I dont refund her.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayW
    Trust me, I always withdraw the funds that are in there. Hince why the balance is Neg $250. Thats not a cure all. Now I cant use the account. At least until I put $250 in it thru transfers or selling items and accepting payments. I also know from other posts on here that they would be sharp enough to figure out that I opened another paypal account with the same checking account and credit card info. It will also not prevent it from going to a collection agency if I dont refund her.
    maybe you should call a lawyer for a consultation and perhaps they could shed some light on the subject.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    maybe you should call a lawyer for a consultation and perhaps they could shed some light on the subject.
    From what I have heard that is a costly operation. More than the $250. Im not a corporation or a business. Im just like the rest of you guys. Sell things here and there that I dont need. And buy things that I do need. Paypal knows this is the case with the BULK of their members and they take advantage of it.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    most of those deals you can get a free phone consultation..

--
    Post the users information, tele, addy and so on. Maybe someone on the board could pay her a visit and ask her what the deal is. hehe
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    Yeh this happen to me too.....still waiting for my $250 from paypal and that was over a year now so much for there "investigation" never heard a thing in a year!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

--
    Yet another Paypal victim!

Everyone with payapal must stop using them!!!!!!!

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    No kidding. They are bastards. Paypal is like the damn auction payment Mafia
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    Haven't enough people hear enough horror stories?

My god, I know there are plenty here on this site that have had enough.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    Exactly John. Im with you on the trike. Thats the REALLY scarry one there. BIG TICKET ITEM. My problem is they stated that they would not debt any of my accounts connected to paypal. They said they cant do that. BUT.. I Repeat... BUT. It would be turned over to a collection agency. Apparently from doing some digging, I found out that Paypal has already refunded her due to the Buyer protection. I will actually owe PAYPAL the money, not her. What a load "a"*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. Yeah I would do the open and close the account thing, but that would be a MAJOR headache for us. The account is 10yrs old and we do online banking for ALL of our bills. Talk about a hassel.

JUST THINK OF THIS. IF YOU SELL A TRIKE ON EBAY AND THEN SHIP IT TO SOMEONE. NOW READ BACK THRU MY POST. IF IT ARRIVED DAMAGED OR DAMAGED AFTER THE FACT, OR THE NEW OWNER DAMAGED IT, YOU WOULD BE OUT THE ENTIRE AMOUNT FOR THE BIKE if they filed a claim with Paypal. .

THINK ABOUT THAT. Bend over and grab you ankles. Here it comes.

Sorry for the yelling.
    Clay Whitman
    Newnan, GA

AMSOIL DEALER

My Toys

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700 SE

--
    Again I simply state...

"Paypal freaking sucks."

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,