//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 500 rebuild, back from powder coater (UPDATED again)

--

500 rebuild, back from powder coater (UPDATED again)

Alright guys. Its back from the powder coaters, candy blue, and quite frankly I'm so freakin happy with it. This color will really pop under white plastic. Also note my 250r skid plate under that CR frame. Didn't take much to get it on there and fits pretty nice. Well lotsa more work, but with all the current new threads with project pictures, I had to get mine in on the table. lol. No pun intended.

Now I just can't wait for my tripples to be done for the inverts. Might be january before thier done though.

I also went to a metric fasteners place here in MD and bought a crap load of stainless stuff. Now I'm jsut afraid I'll end up like Ronnie and Nathan, too busy cleaning my bike to actaully ride it. lol
    Last edited by Louis Mielke; 11-05-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    That looks very nice...just dont get it to pretty or you know what will happen

--
    yeah, it'll sit under a tent with the yamaha's scared of the haspin rain and mud, oh wait....and all the bolts will fall out...*snicker* sorry Nathan.

--
    Thats gotta be the best color-paintjob i've ever seen..... totally diggin that man.. looks like a real jewel
    1985 350X
    1986 250ES Big Red
    (previously owned) '89 Cr 250R
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

--
    Blog Entries
    dude I love that color!!! Thats NICE!

--
    nice and best of all its on the kitchen table. my wife gets so pissed at me for stuff like that. but i do it all the time...lol

--
    well a little more progress. got the engine most of the way back together. Gota heili coil 2 cover holes but the top end is back together. Man that head looks pretty. They clean them really well down in that florida sun shine.

Also got some new tires. 20"ers and a better profile. Those old warrior tires are going to the scrap pile. I don't have the shock back on but I can already tell that my seat heights gonna be a million times better with the shorter tires and the inverted forks.

Speaking of which, my CNC guys are totally sleepin on the job. I may need to talk to someone else about some tripples if they don't get it together. I went and gave them some incentive today. I was worried the KTM forks where gonna be too short but afte rsome more measuring and stuff I think they'll be fine. Getting excited to get it back together. I wanna get some good ride time in on it before TF07. Trikefest was actually pretty much the first week of ride time for it and I tore it down as soon as I got home.

--
    Hey Louis thats pretty sweet. So is that meant just for the straight line or you gonna trail ride it as well. I must have missed it somewhere but how far is that swinger extended.

I can't wait to see her all back together.

--
    that's frikken amazing, loving the colour...i really want to see it complete lol

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Louis if you have problems with the CNC guys drop me a PM, I will hook you up for my cost in materials only.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly
    Louis if you have problems with the CNC guys drop me a PM, I will hook you up for my cost in materials only.
    Yeah, man, thats exactly what I was thinking. I REALY wanna get those KTM forks on the bike. Actually I have a few other questions for you so expect a PM.

Chris, my 500s ment as a general purpose machine. My holeshot sucks big hairy donkey nuts so I won't be winning any drag trophies. I do plan on taking it up the back bone next TF though. Thats should be a good show. lol.

I also wanna mod it to be a decent trail machine. Gonna do a flywheel weight and a few other things to make it more trail friendly.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Ram
    that's frikken amazing, loving the colour...i really want to see it complete lol

Yeah the blue really pops...

Of course if it ends up with pink plastic it will really POP. lol

--
    Who did the work on the head for you down here? It's looking nice.

--

Question

You put pink plastics on that and I fear you'll be doing alot of riding by yourself!

--
    ^^ HAHAHA good one lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //