//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1973 Olympique 400

--
    Ill drop him an email here in a minute chevy, ill let ya know what he says, and it is an oympique, not a TNT
    Current Rides
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

3 skidoo's, 1 quad, and 1 trike

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2679723

--
    Chevy200s, you have some good eyes on you, I sent him an email asking him about the suspension and down below is the response I got. So by the sound of that email down below does it sound like he did the conversion himself? That is what I thought he ment?
    The sled has the slider type of suspension system, i have another under carrige for parts too, that i will bring down with it

I have never had a problem with it.
    Current Rides

--
    thats a slide.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Haha, yeah your right thats definlty not a TNT, I think I was reading 84honda's post about his 74 tnt motor and that got stuck in my head. Also, I'm pretty sure that suspension is stock and not a custom job, back in 73 slide rail suspension was still a fairly new idea, so I doubt that there was much in the line of after market kits to do that. But heck, I'm a 21 year old kid who wasnt around back then what do I know? haha. I like that sled dude, for being a 73 its very clean. No rust on the tunnel, cowl looks great, and the seat is good too. definitely a good deal, them old ski doos were fun sleds

edit: forgot to mention about the slides. Not as much maintanence required for slide rail is there is for bogie, but still a few things to watch out for. Just make sure you still have some material left on your hyfax (thats the long plasticy looking strip that the suspension "slides" on. If its down to the metal its time to replace it. Make sure the shock(s) are good and not too stiff, and just PB blast the heck out of the suspension!
    Last edited by Chevy200s; 10-05-2006 at 12:41 AM.
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )
    Trike Fest 06 and 07 Survivor, hoping to make it to 2010

--
    Thanks chevy, ill make sure i do all of that, and dont worry about not being around then, im only 14, just tunred it 1 week ago, so I wasnt around when anything was made and im still learning all of this ATV snowmobile vehicle mumbojumbo. Thanks again.
    Current Rides

--
    1 more thing with slide suspention you will never want to ride on grass. you want snow. snow is what lubes the slides (rails). im only 24 but ive owned 6 sleds that are older than me. im still learning, but ide rather have a ole beater than a newer sled. if you ever need any questions post it up or pm me.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 84honda200s
    1 more thing with slide suspention you will never want to ride on grass. you want snow. snow is what lubes the slides (rails). im only 24 but ive owned 6 sleds that are older than me. im still learning, but ide rather have a ole beater than a newer sled.
    bingo. I cant believe I forgot to mention that, riding on grass or anything not wet will take out the slides in no time, and its just not worth replacing them for nothing. I totally agree with you on the older sleds. I dont know what it is about them, probably the same reason I prefer trikes over quads, but I just think it is cool to be cruising around on a piece of history. And occasionally beating the newer ones with it too! Haha, not that I'm going out and spankin REV 800's on a daily basis, but your right, there is something really cool about the older sleds. So who cant wait for the snow now?
    85 Tecate, 2002 Honda 300EX, 83 & 84 250R, a bunch of honda 4 strokes from 90 to 200cc, a klt 110, ytm 200, polaris 250 cyclone, '05 Roketa 125 (cheap chinese pitbike to beat on), '69 Scrambler 6x6, and a 52 John Deere B (hey its a rowcrop narrow front, that counts right? )

--
    Well i got it about 15 minutes ago, runs great, was a straight trade, offered him $100 too but he wouldnt take it. I will have more pictures later tonight!
    Current Rides

--
    here are some pics, had it running a couple times and it started and ran great!

Current Rides

--
    Dang dude, that aint bad at all, nice score! I bet you cant wait for the snow to fall now huh? How is the suspension, is it nice and free moving or is it stiff? One other thing I forgot to mention, and forgive me if you already knew this, but I thought you had said this was your first sled. Whenever you are done riding it in the snow, jack up the rear end on something to get the track off the ground and carefully give it enough gas to spin the track over a few times. This cleans all the snow and junk out of there so it doesnt sit over night. If that stuff freezes I hear it can be bad for a track, so it is a habit I have gotten into doing. Is the drive belt in good shape? Its never a bad idea to have an extra one on the sled somewhere (most sleds actually have a spot for this on the belt guard), it can be a pain if one goes on you when your out in the middle of a field somewhere. If you have any questions let me know, I've got a bunch of old ski doo's and I love em all Once again good deal man, be sure to post some ridin pics when you get snow!

--
    Oh...I am dying for snow now. It is somewhat my first skidoo, my grandpa had the Yamaha 433 and he said me and my brother could have it, I said I will kinda take it, so it is me and my brothers, but mostly my grandpa's because I didnt want to take it from him.So the other one is partailly mine. I will remember to lift the back and make sure i get the track going a few times. Thanks for all of the info so far guys, Thanks alot.
    Current Rides

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //