//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: starting the 500r project...more pics added 11-23

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --

starting the 500r project...more pics added 11-23

well it's time we finally got this beast going.i would like any,and all comments,and concerns from those who have done a 250r chassis based 500r,or 500 conversion.

any pics. of you frames,carb setups,motor mounts,chain alingment issues,custom pipes,any of that stuff would be sweet.i hope to start on the frame this weekend.hopefully have the big bore in her home by next week.still need alot of small misc. chassis parts,so check my classifeds ad.if you have anything i need,please contact me.

if you don't want to share pics. with the whole forum,please pm,or email me.i don't want to do this all by trial and error when it's been done a few times already.please help me out guys.thanks!

just a couple pics.she's a rag right now,but it'll get shined up,and blinged out eventually.

Last edited by 3leggeddog; 11-23-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    Full Walsh CRF 450 hybrid 250r

--
    take your time and it will be a awsome project!!!!

--
    it is a tight fit. you will have to heat and dimple the frame or replace the lower section. i removed the two back braces and dimpled the frame. i then welded a 1/8" skid plate on the bottom for strength. it is not an easy task so take your time. you will need a welder and torch.
    83 ATC70
    85 ATC70
    85 200x vintage racer
    86 500r
    Lots of parts

My 500R

--
    and read my post on .org in the pics section.
    83 ATC70
    85 ATC70
    85 200x vintage racer
    86 500r
    Lots of parts

My 500R

--
    83 ATC70
    85 ATC70
    85 200x vintage racer
    86 500r
    Lots of parts

My 500R

--
    Keep it low man, is all I have to say. lol.
    Thats what I'm working on now is getting my monster closer to the ground.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3leggeddog
    well it's time we finally got this beast going.i would like any,and all comments,and concerns from those who have done a 250r chassis based 500r,or 500 conversion.

any pics. of you frames,carb setups,motor mounts,chain alingment issues,custom pipes,any of that stuff would be sweet.i hope to start on the frame this weekend.hopefully have the big bore in her home by next week.still need alot of small misc. chassis parts,so check my classifeds ad.if you have anything i need,please contact me.

if you don't want to share pics. with the whole forum,please pm,or email me.i don't want to do this all by trial and error when it's been done a few times already.please help me out guys.thanks!
    And maybe some 500r decals for the finishing touch B...keep an eye out for the postman

Aussie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 500R Decals.JPG  
    Last edited by Aussieduner; 10-19-2006 at 04:47 AM.
    Keeping 3 Wheelers Alive Downunder !

--
    IMO, you should change the lower frame rails instead of dimpling them. Would look cleaner and be stronger because I see you being hard on your stuff.

--

Noooooooooooooooo

Dude, dont do it.

1. It'll make me very jealous
    2. I wont be able to keep up on the hills.
    3. Now that you have the power, there is
    no excuse not to do it or try it. You might
    get hurt!!

Awww F it. Give me a couple frosty ones, set the nutz on the front fender, Ill be right behind you bra.
    500R Climber.....Here we go!!
    3-85 ATC 70
    86 ATC 250R
    86 WETBIKE
    01 KX250
    2011 KAW SXR800- 35YR EDITION
    05 HERITAGE/SPRINGER/SOFTTAIL

3leggeddog is offline The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by max
    Dude, dont do it.

1. It'll make me very jealous
    2. I wont be able to keep up on the hills.
    3. Now that you have the power, there is
    no excuse not to do it or try it. You might
    get hurt!!

Awww F it. Give me a couple frosty ones, set the nutz on the front fender, Ill be right behind you bra.
    500R Climber.....Here we go!!

excatly my postion max.set the brass bag on the tank and clang,clang.i gotta build something to keep up with you.i still haven't climbed scareface,and that makes me jealuos,lol.

it'll be a fun hill climber.plus i've been talkin about building one for what....8 months now.time to sack up.how do you think she'll handle with a stock swinger ,gonna be nutty!!

Dusty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    all you guys are just full of your selves.....max, brandon..you dont have brass balls you only have a fleshy patch where they used to be.....lol.....just j/k sounds great.........
    My Trikes
    1985 ATC 250r (MX Project)
    1985 ATC 70 (with pit bike motor)
    1983 ATC 110
    1984 225dx
    2005 SDG 110 Pit Bike

OTC Tride & True

Past Trikes
    1985 ATC 70
    1984 200s Almost Mint(stolen in 99)have pics of her..
    1983 YTM 200

--
    Looking forward to seeing this Brandon. BTW - once it's built, I may take out a personal life insurance policy on you - LOL. Keep us posted - and write a book on how you do it, cause someday I'd love to build one.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    i want it built already!!i am so stoked.it wil be a few weeks before she rolls,but you guys will be ther every step of the way!!

--
    with a stock swinger it will be a DEATH trap. the 6" swinger i have is about 4" too short. in 4th you still cant pin it. have you ever rode a cr500? it is a beast to say the least. lots of fun
    83 ATC70
    85 ATC70
    85 200x vintage racer
    86 500r
    Lots of parts

My 500R

--
    yeah i have rode lots of em.don't really know what all the fuss is about.jeff has a nice 97 i love toolin around on.just a 2 wheeled tractor to me.lots of tourqe,and plenty of power.i think i'll be just fine on a stock swinger.besides,i don't want something i have to run wide open to climb hills.i figure this way i can just baby it around,and unleash it when nessicary.i am sure it gets alot more traction as a 3 wheeler,and thats why they are so crazy.we'll see what happens

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //