//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OCALA!! when we going again!?!?! thanxgivin? Xmas? newyurz? lets do it!!!

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Sky and anyone else who may want to camp this Thanksgiving weekend. I went to Alexander Springs this past weekend and here is my report.
    Alexander springs is a nice campground, very strict on their rules and they constantly monitor the facility. Keep in mind these are the first come first serve sites.

1. gates open 8-8 must arrive before 6 or have to call ahead
    2. must keep all four wheels of your vehicle on the asphalt when parked
    3. I was told to keep that thing" in the bed of truck (my R), but that doesnt mean I wont fire her up in the bed of the truck.
    4. campsites are pretty close together not alot of privacy
    5. hot showers are lukewarm-
    6. bathrooms are immaculate
    7. the trail head is maybe a mile away
    8. the nearest market is about 10 miles away (10 minutes)
    9. each site has a grill and fire pit
    10. Overall nice place but I am not sure it would be the best place to go, if you have more than 5 you need two spots. Too many restrictions.

I am planning on going once between now and Thanksgiving, and will try to find antoher place. The problem is I think spots need to be resevered very soon or could be hard to find one. I suppose you can camp anywhere in the national forest just no amenities. Well that is all I can think of now any questions fire away.

--
    so you can reserve camping? what is their number? can you ride your trike to the trail? or trailer it there? how much was it? If I can reserve camping I'm goint ot reserve like 5 spots for everyone if you guys are planning on coming

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sykolincoln
    so you can reserve camping? what is their number? can you ride your trike to the trail? or trailer it there? how much was it? If I can reserve camping I'm goint ot reserve like 5 spots for everyone if you guys are planning on coming

yes you can reserver you camping, we need to coordinate and get adjacent camping spots. you could ride an enduro motorcycle from the camp, but not an atv. I think with tax it was $18.90. Here is a link to the website for reserving a spot.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/fl/Ale...4037&pstate=FL

--
    Holy cow, they are completely full on the reserved sites. You can get the first come first serve as walk up only but as you can imagine no guarantees. I will continue to search. Any locals want to share some knowledge.

--
    damn! really!? crap! well were screwed their!

--
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/nrrs/C...=2&parkId=4038

Here is one called Clearwater, funny that is where I live!! You can stil book non-specific sites on this one and be assigned one when you arrive.

--
    is it close to the trails? I was hoping to camp and ride

--
    It looks to be about 10 miles south of Alexander Springs.

--
    see i hve no earthy idea where anything is in ocala, if possible if you find something I will more than welcomed to reimburse you, or if you reserve at someplace I can pick up my tab online if they have a linc for it, I will have a possible 10 people 4 kids six adults tons of tents! I would like to have soemthing closer to the trails, but I jsut dont have any idea where anything is there.

--
    I understand sky, I live three hours away and have only one experience there, I hope some locals will chime in at some point. If not I will work something out.

--
    your three hours away? damn! I thought largo was closer, man i'm only about 2 hrs away

--
    Here is an idea. Anybody can camp in the "primitive" national forest for free. I say we set up camp right near the powerlines(where I rode last weekend) and get two rooms at the nearest hotel/motel. Anyone who does not want to camp can stay there and this will provide hot showers (guaranteed hot showers) when done riding. I bet it would cost roughly the same for two days either way. Just a thought. This will also allow us to wake up and ride right to the trails.

--
    http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/inde...c,18767.0.html

actually that sounds like a great idea man! but the only thing I was going for was once I got there unless I REALLY needed something I wasnt going to leave but, that may be our best bet!! your smart man!! lol, hers the thread I chimed in on atv florida, hopefully these guys might be able to help, aslo chevy do you have any extra tents? I might need one, but dont know yet

--
    There are no places to camp at & ride from that have showers. :You might be able to find something here http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recr...ndex_oca.shtml

--
    ok, then thats what I wantedx to know, so Im thinking abotu camping then at the park, and get a hotel to the side just for the showers

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //