//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OCALA!! when we going again!?!?! thanxgivin? Xmas? newyurz? lets do it!!!

--

Talking OCALA!! when we going again!?!?! thanxgivin? Xmas? newyurz? lets do it!!!

well, I decided that I'm goin to load up all my machines, ANd bring my daughter,cousins,girlfreind,buddies to go ride/camp in the Ocala national forest. Will leave friday morning of the 24th of nov and leave late sunday the 26th. Any body else want to join up then come on!! Probabaly a few buddies of mine will make the treck as well. I have no idea whare the best spots are so some local help would be awesome from you guys. An dit would be awesoem to get a bunch of us trikers out and meet each other and hit the sand/trails/camp. Hope to here form some florida trikers!
    Last edited by SYKO; 08-28-2007 at 11:38 AM.

--
    The only days I would be able to out there would be Thur & part of Fri, so I will try to get with you next time. If you camp at Big Scrub or Lake Delancy(sp?) you can ride right out of camp. Take a gps it will help you out.

--
    Hmmm. I might be able to make this one.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    82 Tri-Zinger 60 For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --

Game ON!

I am in, now just need details and seat time.

--
    well I should be there by 2 oclock friday the 24th and leaving sunday evening sometime the 26th, I think dread knows the best place to camp, I will be using tents, I just need to make sure there are showers there thats all, I'll give out my cell in a few weeks to we can get everything straight

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I might beable to make it. This will be the weekend after the races though so I'm not sure. We'll see.

fla 2-stroke is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    last time I was at big scrub and lake delancey they did not have showers.big scrub was building some not sure if they are done.when I camp up there I go to alexander springs.cant ride out of there but the the trailhead is about 3 miles away.I just trailer to it.THe camp ground has nice showers and a cool swimming hole.The trails by scrub are ok if you get away from the campground.the trails on the east side of 19 are much better.trust me on this.when I go for the day I take 19 to 445 then park under the big power lines where they cross the road.the trailhead is right there.you can ride to the new trailhead from scrub but it is very whooped out.It is nice to be able to ride out of camp but a shower after a long day is nice.one way or the other i will be riding at least sat and sun maybe friday also.If you ride around scrub check out blue sink it is a cool swimming hole that you can ride up to.that is easy to find.hope to see you guys up there.If i dont camp on fri night I will be under the power lines on 445 at 9:45 am on sat.If you guys are dead set on camping at scrub I will do that I know some good trails out from there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fla 2-stroke
    last time I was at big scrub and lake delancey they did not have showers.big scrub was building some not sure if they are done.you can ride to the new trailhead from scrub but it is very whooped out
    Last time I was there the shower were not done yet, but I haven't been there for a couple of months. I would ask someone at atvflorida.com if they are done or do a search. The trails are whooped out at the begining after a while they smooth out. If you want showers you will want to stay at a differnt spot.

No matter where you all meet up you will have fun. Take some goggels with you. It has been dry here so you will be eating alot of dust.

--
    hey mods can we combine this thread? this is getting confuzing! lol, wel I will find out right before (the week before) if the showers are done, and will most likely stay where there are showers, hopefully it will be decent camping do smaller bore machines do decent out there? 80's 125's ? becouse thats what my little cousins will be riding, (got large tires)

--
    ok for all serious'ness I really need to know where to camp at in ocala, Ive looked online and havnt had much luck, and I need directions or a linc to where I need to go. Preferbaly I need a campground that has some kind of shower facility there so I can wash up. I dont want no cabins, or hotels, we are doing jsut plain camping on our ass'es in tents out there, pleaze help!

--
    Type in Alexander springs, showers, and all the amenities. they even have pressurized water!! Here is a link

http://www.reserveamerica.com/fl/Ale...4037&pstate=FL

I am going Friday night and will be staying here thru Sunday. I am meeting fla-2 stroke on saturday and he is going to show me the trails.

--
    How much money are we talking for this? i have ridden in Ocala, but not in the area you all are talking about. Is there a fee? Also, how much is it to get a spot?

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    This is going to be my first time, I think it is $17 dollars a night minimum 2 night stay on weekends. I am sure you can get one cheaper, my wife printed up a bunch of different campsites information. Of course the cheaper ones like Big Scrub have no showers and other amenities. fla 2 stroke told me it is about three miles to the trail head and some better trails not all whooped out. He gave some details earlier in the thread.

--
    If I can make it, I would prefer a shower facility. That price sounds fair enough though.

85 Tri-Z's
    85 Quad-Z,
    85 YT175 For sale,
    83 YTM 225DX,
    83 YTM 200L For sale,
    8? YTZ 80 Conversion,
    85 YT 125,
    89 Pro Hauler 230,
    05 YFZ 450,
    99 V-Star,

--
    hey chevy the one that is 17 dollars has showers?, that dosnt eem all that bad i would stay there for that for sure!! hey chevy pm you email or look at my emial on my pro and send me a kink to waht you found!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //