//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problems with the Olympique 400

--
    I will try that GRC, but where is the needle located? Is it loated on the die of teh carb or where? Thanks.
    Current Rides
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

3 skidoo's, 1 quad, and 1 trike

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2679723

troy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    LOL..going though a 100 cd's of stuff i have i came across some thing that will help you a great deal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails break down of carb1.JPG   break down of carb2.JPG  

--
    AFter you have removed all of the 6 or 8 screws holding the diaphrams on and removed the diaphrams you'll see a teeter-totter (SP?) thing with a spring under one side and a needle under the other side, holding the carb over your head but keep it at the angle it would be if it was mounted on the motor push on the spring end of the teetertotter and the needle should drop with out any effort, if it doesn't keep trying, try to shake the carb a bit, if it won't come down thats probably your problem.

--

troy: can you give a run down on how to switch to a mikuni carb? I know the later elans came with round slide carbs, probalby mikuni's. They have a fuel pump and no return gas line which would be nice. What size carb do you use? What about a carb boot? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

at the time i went to a ski doo and asked for a mikuni carb kit, told them what year, model, and what carbs was on it. The kit should come with a new fancy fuel pump, carb, throttle cable, primer, a gas line tee, gas line, filter, and the boot for the air box and the carb to the engine.

You have to make 100 percent sure it's jetted right for that engine. Trust me i know, i put the wrong one on my 12 elan and made it half way home and ending up waiting half a hour before continuing home, due to the engine over heating. The carb was giving the engine to much fuel..

But this i will tell you, you will notice a big difference in your machine, preformence wise that is. seem with mine it had more pep, fast pick up time, and less bogging .. i can't remember how much i payed for mine. but it was worth every cent. it was a 12 elan with the first slide suspention it was made in 79. But like all good things i sold it.

Yes you are right i think it was 85 ski doo switch their carbs to mikuni's and dumped the tilson carb, some thing like what on mine and you bikes.. in fact i can take the carb off my bike and fit it on a elan just by adding a fuel pump, , same size motor. and my bike is a 200ern tri moto
    Last edited by troy; 10-25-2006 at 10:10 PM.

--
    I have a question, If I hold the diafram(filter screen thing) right to my lips and blow at it, should air be able to go through the diafram? Thanks, Clint
    Current Rides

--
    should be a little resistence, but ya you should be able to blow throught it

--
    Alright, they must be old and not letting air through, because when I blow on it no air at all goes through, so I guess I might get a kit for that type of carberator, the kit inludes everything you had in the 2 nd picture that you ever posted for about $30. And I will try from there, thanks troy!
    Current Rides

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 85hondaatc125m
    Alright, they must be old and not letting air through, because when I blow on it no air at all goes through, so I guess I might get a kit for that type of carberator, the kit inludes everything you had in the 2 nd picture that you ever posted for about $30. And I will try from there, thanks troy!

no problem , what i'm here for..Like you said if your going to sell it after the winter, no point in coverting carbs, i know i won't.

I'm very surpise they still make kits for that carb, i know they where slim picking about 5 or 6 years ago..

Keep us inform how things turn out....

Later man

--
    The needle was free?

--
    I havent checked the needle and stuff yet, ill let you know when I do.
    Current Rides

--
    Went out and checked out the needle situation and the needle wouldnt move unless you gave the carb a good shake and it was all gummed up and stuff, so I guess I will just wait until I can get money for a carb kit and then I will buy it and hope that works.
    Current Rides

--
    Take out the phillips screw which will let you remove the spring, needle, and rocker thing. Try to lube it up with a little WD40 or somthing reassemble it and see if that helps.

--
    I did soak it down with WD-40 and it was still sticking so I will have to try some carb clean maybe?
    Current Rides

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //