//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: laydown 250r motor (fast 70 pics)

mart is offline *CERTIFIED* Mad Scientist Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

laydown 250r motor (fast 70 pics)

Well weve all seen greenhumans laydown 200x motors in 70's.and they have proven to be fast and reliable. well i thought i have to try and step it up a notch i think this will kind of be unrideable but hey can never have enough power.One side of the case is welded just have to weld the other side.as you can see there is still alot of work to do but the hard part is now done.yous probably wont like it but i think its going to be a weapon.heres some photos of so far of the motor now i just have to find a rolling 70.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ldr5.jpg   lydr6.jpg   ldr4.jpg   ldr3.jpg   ldr2.jpg   laydown r.jpg  

Last edited by mart; 10-30-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    MARTS 84 300R 86 250R 700r raptor & suspended 250r in 70 frame

--
    That's insane! Looks good though. Wouldn't a motor that size hang down to low in a 70?

--
    Ive never seen on of thoes before? What were they used in and what year? I think a 250 engine in a 70 would be death.. Maybe a 110 but a 70 that would shred the wheels off of the thing!
    1986 200x- old school D.I.D wheels, Gold D.I.D X-Ring Chain, Rad MFG. Carrier, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Circuit T-4 custom, Maier plastics, 85x forks, 18x10.5x8 kenda klaw mxr's on itp steels, the money pit never ends

2004 YFZ450 - CP 12.5:1, cam mod , gibson nerfs, hmf pipe, protaper bars + risers, dg bumper/skids, holeshot gncc's on itps, cycra handguard and more stuff to come.

--
    lol its going to be insane....my buddies dad put a blaster engine on a mini bike ... the ones you buy with 5 hp briggs engines on them lol... never got to see it get ridden but im sure it was insane fast...

--
    Must have taken some time to get the case machined properly to accept the 250R jug. i have a question though, How are you going to keep the crank oil separate from the fuel/oil mix for the topend?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    That looks like something I would dream up, SWEET!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Somekindofjerk
    Must have taken some time to get the case machined properly to accept the 250R jug. i have a question though, How are you going to keep the crank oil separate from the fuel/oil mix for the topend?

He's not using a 70 bottom end, he's using the 250R bottom end that I'm sure came with that cylinder. so the crankcase will not be a problem as far as keeping the fuel/oil mix and crankcase oil seperate.
    1985 KXT 250
    84 KX cylinder
    sprock racing head
    +2" Miltech swingarm
    frame mounted Rad

1983 250R
    DG head
    290cc Big Bore
    CT pipe
    85R front end
    +1" Miltech swingarm
    2+2 axle NOS NASA
    18x10x9 Hoosiers

--
    Cool idea!!!! fitting the carb going to be fun......
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

mart is offline *CERTIFIED* Mad Scientist Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    yep atc wrench is right, its an 84 250r motor i had heaps of cases lying around. and one afternoon i was just sitting looking at my brothers alloy 70 with the 200x and ideas started rolling, the next day i had my cases at work cutting and welding. i cut the crankcase free from the gearbox turned it down and lined it all back up, it looks different because i cut the counter balancer off its ok because i have a balanced crank for it.it looks really long but when you sit it next to the laydown 200'x motors its actually smaller.yes i know the chain is on the opposite side but everything has been worked out i know its going to be insanely fast i mean the 200x 70's are wildly fast.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    All your trans gears and everything line up with the main drive gear off of the crank and stuff? Man when you get this finished, its gonna be

--
    hey billy yeh it took alot of time to do i took a whole gear cluster and all the crank gears and clutch basket and stuff to line it all up it wasnt a 2 minute job.i was going to have like a mini drag pipe out the side but because its going to be a little track bike racing all the other fast 70,s i dont want the pipe hanging out the side so im using a 99 cr250 pipe of all things its the best closet fitting pipe of course with some cut and shutting lol

--
    Blog Entries
    Haha, awesome. The only thing I see possibly giving you some problems is the intake. You'll need to make a 90degree intake adapter to bolt onto so the carb stays level otherwise the floats wont work correctly. But other then that pretty easy fix I'd say you've got a pretty awesome project going

--

Question

in the last picture holding up the Case , Is that a RARE - Pedigree Piston - OOOO those are expensive ......

Look's Good , Keep it up

--
    billy ive made the intake at work its in my tool box its an all alloy one with a 90 degree bend all tig welded looks pretty trick actually. thats not the barrel im using i was thinkin about using my 300 topend but thats all together on my white aircooled so im just going to use a stock head im sure itll be plenty of power lol.

yep pedigree flat top piston its a one off, it takes some special porting to match that piston lol

--
    Tang you are a mad man! *Edit* With some crazy ass toes!

Definitely going to need to come down for a couple of drinks soon.
    Last edited by BIG BAD RED; 10-31-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    1982 Suzuki Sierra 1L - Nissan MQ axles and 38" TSL Swampers

1982 LWB SIII Stage one Land Rover Tray Back- 4BD1 Isuzu powah!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //