//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Problem Borderline Theft

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC. is offline Formerly: rangerover,EASTCOATATVLLC Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Ebay Problem Borderline Theft

OK, I am not one to cry to anyone but I have been seeing alot of EBay problems on here lately so I figure I will let you guys in on one I am having. Months and months ago I sold a Honda Pilot on eBay. Mistake #1 I let the guy pay using a credit card for the full amount. I ship the item to him, the merchant account flags the transaction due to the size so I do not get my money until I fax documentation and they hear from him. I do everything on my end he will not return their calls to authorize it. So I never get funded for the Pilot, and now he gets it and says it i snot what I said and he gets a list of parts from the Honda store he wants paid for before he will authorize the transaction on the credit card. These parts total over 1200 dollars, and were not really bad to begin with. He says their is scratching in the fender etc Anyways I say well I just want it back and we will forget about this. Now he will NOT RELEASE my Pilot until he is paid for the money he paid to ship it over to him 660 dollars. I contact the police and everything and tey say that there is nothing they can do and I have to settle it with him. So I have my attorney draft up a contrct and send it with a check for the amount to his attorney so in hopes I can get the thing back. Now keep in mind ebay shut his account down since then. Now two weeks go by and no word from him or his attorning stating I can have it back etc. What gives??? I consider that theft, the law does not and the police will not even help. Any suggestions that are legal

--
    Honestly, I know this may not be cost effective but for a machine easily worth 5-6k if it were mine I can say I would have flown out to where ever he is and met face to face.....brought all documentation and pulled the authorities in if necessary....police might be more inclined if you are there
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC. is offline Formerly: rangerover,EASTCOATATVLLC Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

as

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r
    Honestly, I know this may not be cost effective but for a machine easily worth 5-6k if it were mine I can say I would have flown out to where ever he is and met face to face.....brought all documentation and pulled the authorities in if necessary....police might be more inclined if you are there

I called there and here, the police say it is a cilvil matter and they really cannot do anyting about it. now it is probably gone and I am out yet another Pilot. remember I had one in a new trailer stolen earlier this year and my insurance didnt cover that one as well.

--

info

Last edited by Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.; 11-12-2006 at 12:29 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
    I called there and here, the police say it is a cilvil matter and they really cannot do anyting about it. .
    Thats why you need to show up at his door...I am not being a wise guy...you need to go there
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--

barf bag

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r
    Thats why you need to show up at his door...I am not being a wise guy...you need to go there
    I guess that is what probably is going to have to happen. I am going to give the atty a few more days and then I guesss plan a trip out there. I am kinda unsure where to find this guy at. Probably used fake address

--
    wheres he located? (which state) Thats some BS Do you have the title for it?? If you have the title/registration i dont see how he could legally keep you from getting it back.
    "Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
    - Chick McGee

-1985 250sx
    - 1986 atc310R drag bike
    - 1981 110 chopper.
    - 1985 350X 3+1 durablue axle, uni filter
    - 1985/6 350x
    - 2-84 atc250r's and 1 83
    - 2002 trx400ex
    - 1985 atc 250r
    -1985 atc70 WTB PARTS
    - 1985 tecate

MADE IT THROUGH TRIKEFEST 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08, cant wait til 09!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
    I am kinda unsure where to find this guy at. Probably used fake address

How did he get it? pick it up at a shipper? I second the whole show up at his door. That is messed up, showing up would probably freak him out. I would ask ebay if they will give you his listed address.

Ebay, and paypal just get on my nerves! I would never ever go through paypal or other credit merchants for more then a couple hundred dollar transaction. Someone always ends up unhappy.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--

asd

Tucker Kelly is from NJ, I am from Ohio. He had the vehicle picked up by a logistics company here. There are no titles for that pilot due to its age although it can easily be proven I own it, bills of sale from a dealer ship etc. To be honest I am nervous to drive over there. Maybe a fake address, maybe he moved, maybe it is gone etc. I have a EXTREMELY bad temper when people push my buttons so I always shun away from situation that could cause a problem. I do not see why a atty and police cannot figure this out. I know I had alot of problems over driver under a suspended license, why is stealing 6 grand from a business not as important to the law???

--
    Take a Louisville Slugger right up to his door, and ask kindly for it back. If he says no, he knows what will happen. Bring all your friends along to, 2 beats one every time...
    Rest in peace Rex Carlson

--
    Call the prosecuters office in the county he is in and explain the situation. What town in NJ? Might be close to me. I would maybe like to meet him.
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    All of this stuff about you owing him $1200 for scratched fenders and parts is bull. Your pictures are very clear and show scratches in the fenders and minor rust on the frame. So he knew what he was getting. The good thing is that you are both on the east coast. Like you said, I would wait a couple more days, then I would be taking a trip. We not just talking about a fifty dollar part here.

--
    It would be worth the road trip . I have showed up at customers doors for alot less. I dont know what the laws are in Ohio or NJ but I have taken people to civil court for a few hundred dollars and if they dont show up etc you can have a warrant put out for there arrest. The only problem is you dont really know who you are dealing with I would want police backup in case it gets ugly . basically he has stolen goods at this point and anything over I think $2000 is a felony.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotorsports
    basically he has stolen goods at this point and anything over I think $2000 is a felony.

In Missouri, anything over $500 is a felony.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--

das

Quote Originally Posted by ATC-Eric
    In Missouri, anything over $500 is a felony.

He is in or around the dover area. If anybody is close to there and wants to have alittle fun we could work some FiNdErS fee's out. Would save me alot of gas and time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //