//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Z shock options and interchanges

mnnmaz is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats too funny! like I said its a full restoration and after 21 years of abuse (original owner) it was time for a make over... I need to post some picts... its SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT now!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
    YES YES I do! Im at work now and dont have any with me.... hehehehehehe I will bring some tomorrow!

--
    I had "Suspension by Jake" rebuild mine for $150.00. Makes all the difference in the world.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--
    WOW when did you do that and where are they located and I see you have a 38mm carb with a delta Vforce... I need that! where can I get them? I have looked all over for the vforce and NOBODY sell them for the original carb for a 1985 triz so maybe if you let me know what kind of carb and where you got one the I can too.... :0)

--
    a 2001 only will work, to lower the ride height back to stock tri-z, use the tri-z spring in place on the craptor one. yes, i have done this
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    v-force for the tri-z. part #v25141-z... fits 91-97 wr250z, there you go!
    1985 With "86" Plastic's,Custom 12" Alluminum Extended Swing Arm,39MM PWK,"TRX" Filter,9 Paddle TALLER HALLER'S on 11" Wide Rim's,LOT'S of Stainless,LOT'S of Alluminum,LOT'S of PowderCoating,NOTHING Stock..

FASTEST Tri-Z on The Planet...MAKE A NOTE !! and the SECOND FASTEST, WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN!!!

--
    is the vforce woth it? or is Boysen reeds good enough? I see there kind of steep!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    The Banshee shock has a piggy back resvoir that gets in the way, big time. Ive heard you can move the gas tank, but Id have to see it to believe it, because it sure doesnt look practical, especially on the 85, and a Banshee shock sure isnt anything worth doing any fab work for.
    Still haven't learned yet after the wealth of knowledge AND pics I've passed on here??? LMAO

It doesn't get in the way "big time" and if you have a heat gun you don't even have to move the tank. But yes, if you want bolt in, not worried about stepping up a notch in performance and don't want to do 30 min of fab work then the warrior shock is the way to go.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine
    Tim, you say Yamaha shocks have a lifespan of only a couple years. Isn't this true with all shocks? Are you talking life before needing a rebuild or to the extent where the shock is no longer usable?

I could pick your brain for weeks! lol
    I have seen very clean well maintained banshees be running great and within 3 hours,bamm no rear shock.you can tap the rear grab bar and watch the bike bounce for like 30 seconds.no warning or nothing.they just let loose.the steel shaft on the banshee shock is very soft and starts to (hourglass) by a few thousandths.once that happens,you can rebuild them,but unless you replace the center shaft,the new seals will let loose in a matter of a year.by the time you replace the center shaft and rebuild a stock banshee shock,you can almost buy a works shock for the same money and get more performance that last longer.same with warrior shocks.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Cool thanks! Do you know if its worth the money for a Vforce reed cage? I have boyseen fiber now and woswondering if I need to try something new
    Original 85 TriZ owner

Certified NASA welder PM me if you need any welding I do extended swingarms and everything you can dream of

Three is Always better then four, unless its with women then four is better then three

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolin86
    Still haven't learned yet after the wealth of knowledge AND pics I've passed on here??? LMAO

It doesn't get in the way "big time" and if you have a heat gun you don't even have to move the tank. But yes, if you want bolt in, not worried about stepping up a notch in performance and don't want to do 30 min of fab work then the warrior shock is the way to go.
    To do this Banshee to Tri-z shock mod, you have to shim the gas tank back, towards the seat mount? And then heat the tank and gently reform the plastic to clear the Banshee ressy,And get rid of the steel gas tank guard? Am I correct??Just curious.I thought that is how you explained this before.Correct me if I am wrong. How much clearence will that fabbing get you between the ressy and gas tank?

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Cool thanks! Do you know if its worth the money for a Vforce reed cage? I have boyseen fiber now and was wondering if I need to try something new
    Original 85 TriZ owner

Certified NASA welder PM me if you need any welding I do extended swingarms and everything you can dream of

Three is Always better then four, unless its with women then four is better then three

--
    I personally have no experience with the v-force reeds on a tri-z.I just run boyesons on a stock cage.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    The Vforce reed took the light switch powerband away. I didn't lose anything on top just gained my mid and a little bottom end back. This was setting the reeds to the lower powerband setting. I never tried the top end setting.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--

Talking

Here is a couple of pics of my Z after the complete overhaul... and yes I am the original owner
    Original 85 TriZ owner

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //