//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Z shock options and interchanges

mnnmaz is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Question Tri-Z shock options and interchanges

ATC gents!!! I have an 85 TriZ.... SWEET!!! jsut finnished the restoration and it ROCKS!!!! My question is, do you know if its really possible to put a 2001 raptor mono shock on an 85 Triz? My shock is shot any help would be nice!

3 wheels baby!

--
    glad you found us!!! post some pics!!! sorry cant help you with tr1-z stuff, but hang out you will get bombarded soon enought!!!

--
    Nice choice in bikes definetly need some pics.. as for the shock im not to sure that it would, might need some custom fabbing; anything is possible but for simplicity I'm not sure. Like said above just hang loose and you'll get your answer before the day is done

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I've never ran one but from what I've heard and seen the Raptor shock fits but it makes the ride height taller. I'm running a works from a warrior, and it even makes the ride height a little bit taller, but it works good.

--
    Raptor, Banshee and Warrior fits but doesn't the gas tank need to be moved/changed a little?

I have an 01 Raptor shock in my 85 T3 and its great.

--
    Warrior shock bolts in no problems. 01 rappy shock works too, but increases ride height.

If I were you, I would scope ebay and wait for a works warrior shock. I got a BIN for 50 bucks on my works and I LOVE it!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    just what kintore said. worrior shock, bolts right in.

--

Talking Thanks for the info fello 3 wheeeeeleeers!

I will put some photos on in a few.... I guess I need to look for an warrior shock on ebay!?

TriZ forever!!!!! Not to boot I'm the original owner of my 85!

--
    I ran a Raptor one for one race. Rides nice but way too high, and sticks for cornering. I took it back off. The stock Warrior fits almost as well as the original. They perform excellent, and arent very expensive. The downfall is like other Yammie shocks, they have a lifespan of a couple years. The Works for Warrior raises it a little, but works well. Im running a Works on mine. I have a blown Warrior shock on my other one. The Banshee shock has a piggy back resvoir that gets in the way, big time. Ive heard you can move the gas tank, but Id have to see it to believe it, because it sure doesnt look practical, especially on the 85, and a Banshee shock sure isnt anything worth doing any fab work for.

--

thanks! for the info

Thanks for the info! I will definatly look for a warrior rear! I wonder if a lowering kit will work for the raptor shock..... hummmmm maybe

--
    Tim, you say Yamaha shocks have a lifespan of only a couple years. Isn't this true with all shocks? Are you talking life before needing a rebuild or to the extent where the shock is no longer usable?

I could pick your brain for weeks! lol

--
    When it comes to Yamaha, Im talking about before the seals go, the oil leaks out, and you have a pogo stick for suspension. Its not true of all shocks. Yamaha is probably the worst of all the Jap stuff. Its not unusual to see perfectly good 15 year old Honda shocks still being used, but fiding a TriZ that actually has TriZ shock is exteremly rare, and if it does have one, its been rebuilt, and probably more than once. Yamaha shocks perform as well as the Honda shocks, but 5 years later, your Honda shock still works.

By the way, a Quadsport shock fits too, but it slightly shorter and lowers the rear, but you also get less travel from one.

--
    Well my 85 rear shock worked GREAT till I took it apart and had the spring powdercoated and nobody will do a rebuild on it so thats why Im looking for a replacement!

FYI I'm the original owner of my 85 TRIZ )

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mnnmaz
    Well my 85 rear shock worked GREAT till I took it apart and had the spring powdercoated and nobody will do a rebuild on it so thats why Im looking for a replacement!

FYI I'm the original owner of my 85 TRIZ )

If it will make you feel better, Im pretty sure your nice pretty spring will fit on a Warrior shock!

--
    mnnmaz, you need to post up some pics of your one owner Z.

Thanks Tim.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //