//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tri-Z shock options and interchanges

mnnmaz is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Talking

Oops forget to add the picts..... here they are...

Here is a couple of pics of my Z after the complete overhaul... and yes I am the original owner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphp1uOhBX.jpg   tmpphpSVGQ7c.jpg  
    Original 85 TriZ owner

Certified NASA welder PM me if you need any welding I do extended swingarms and everything you can dream of

Three is Always better then four, unless its with women then four is better then three

--
    I'm running a stock '01 Raptor 660 shock, a '86 Tri-Z swingarm, a '85 Tri-Z dogbone (shock linkage), and a '87 Warrior shackle. I'm not sure if you can use an '85 swingarm for this setup, and you have to use an '85 dogbone for everything to clear. The '01 Raptor shock has the remote rezzy that works fine, but the later model Raptors have the side mounted piggyback rezzy that I'm not sure if there is enough clearance for. The '86 swingarm appears to have more clearance in the front than the '85, and the '85 dogbone kicks the bottom of the shock more to the rear than the '86. The Warrior shackle is longer to lower the ride height back down from the longer Raptor shock.

This setup works great and keeps the ride height stock.

You can also use the Warrior shackle on a stock Tri-Z for a rear lowering kit.

--

hey

try a shock off a newer warrior

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KRASH1333 View Post
    try a shock off a newer warrior
    newer warriors (raptor 350) have a piggyback resy like a raptor, but not adjustable.
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

--
    Would a 1995 warrior 350 shock work for my Tri-z?

--
    Blog Entries
    NO,,, 95 is piggy back.. you need the older style with the remote reservoir

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Actually, all Warriors from 87-2004 had a remote ressy on the rear shock and were not piggyback. So yes..a 1995 Warrior shock will bolt on if it is the factory shock.
    Someone prolly had a aftermarket or different shock on the 95 Raffa is thinking of.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Just wondering as anyone tried to run an MX bike shock on the rear of their Tri Z or would it be too long? Only asking as I'm struggling to get a 2001 raptor shock here in the UK
    2002 Ducati 748R MY02
    2004 Beta Rev 3 270
    1986 YTZ 250 Tri Z
    198? Italjet 50 M5D Minicross

--
    Most modern bikes run a very long shock 18-19 " eye to eye , you need 13.5" to keep it stock, axis/ penske racing custom shocks will build you one, they work great.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    I only asked as I saw an 84 YZ125 shock for sale on eBay here in the UK and it looked pretty similar to the Tri Z one? Thanks for the reply MTS
    2002 Ducati 748R MY02
    2004 Beta Rev 3 270
    1986 YTZ 250 Tri Z
    198? Italjet 50 M5D Minicross

Motorious is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I would like to rebuild my Tri-z 250 shock, have an experienced dirtbike mechanic with access to a shop w/nitrogen tank willing to show me how it's done. Can't seem to locate a rebuild kit however. I do know All Balls makes a rear shock seal kit for the warrior shock though. And a lot of parts are interchangeable between these two shocks. Does anyone know where I can get the parts necessary to rebuild my shock? And/or would the All Balls kit do the job? http://www.allballsracing.com/37-1118.html
    Current trikes owned:

1985 Yamaha Tri-Z 250...fully restored

1985 Honda 250 SX...nice survivor original condition

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //